• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

CorvoSol

My suggestions are the following:

AA5 Spoiler Thread | No Clues Here

AA5 Spoiler Thread | I Won't Rest Until I've Inspected Every Suspicious-Looking Nook and Cranny

LAA

Damn it!
I got on the eshop and a message popped up saying software on my watch list was available! I went on it and clicked on the link, but it wasnt! :mad:
Nintendo tricked me!

EDIT: Hmm I do notice it has a "New" banner above AA5 now though in the new releases section... Coming up soon? Or it just checks what the date is and changes it?

Nohar

Heh... Watching the VGCW matchs I missed yesterday... The first one is Pyro against Phoenix Wright.
Torture. This is torture.

Ath

Damn it!
I got on the eshop and a message popped up saying software on my watch list was available! I went on it and clicked on the link, but it wasnt! :mad:
Nintendo tricked me!
Gah, same thing here! 2pm it is I guess.

Fisico

Damn it!
Nintendo tricked me!

Apparently it's just a notification that it's the release date for the game you're looking for, nothing to do with its availability on the Eshope :<

Vibranium

Banned
AA 5 Spoiler Thread | Discussion Is Now In Session

AA 5 Spoiler Thread | The Butler Did It

The bottom one is a reference to a certain character most people should know. My ideas aren't too good though :p

AA5 Spoiler Thread | The bitter taste of truth

I dig this one, it's not a negative about the game and is true about coming to the end of any great adventure centered around law and order! Plus it's a great reference.

Not nearly as much of a turd as some of the junk in AA2.

Apollo Justice had some weak moments but I thought it was overall really great.

My thoughts exactly. The fact that Apollo is a major character in this one along with Phoenix and that I get to play as both is one of the reasons why I'm super hyped for this.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ace Attorney 5 Spoiler Thread | Reveal Your Entire Mood Matrix

Ace Attorney 5 Spoiler Thread | Don't worry, these spoilers are digital only

CorvoSol

AA5 Spoiler Thread| Spoilers, Anyone?
AA5 Spoiler Thread| Shelly de Killer is a Murderer
AA5 Spoiler Thread| Shelly de Killer is NOT GUILTY
AA5 Spoiler Thread| Zvarri!

This is the first time I haven't been totally spoiled for an Ace Attorney game before release. ITS A MIRACLE!

I hope it releases at midnight!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AA5 Spoilers | So THAT'S why it's rated M.

Also guys, I found out that the game's not getting a midnight release. It'll be going live "tomorrow morning", so around the standard time the eShop updates, or about 9 AM PST/Noon EST.

CorvoSol

Also guys, I found out that the game's not getting a midnight release. It'll be going live "tomorrow morning", so around the standard time the eShop updates, or about 9 AM PST/Noon EST.

Oh snap I like that title.

DukeBobby

Going into this completely blind (almost). Only looked at a few screenshots and videos, and decided not to play the demo.

Can't wait.

Frolow

Banned
Going into this completely blind (almost). Only looked at a few screenshots and videos, and decided not to play the demo.

Can't wait.
The demo is a different scenario than what actually happens in the game. The only thing you'd be spoiling is the intro and some of the characters who appear in the first case.

Squishy3

The facebook page still said it would be available at midnight but didn't specify what timezone, and haven't said it won't be available at midnight since. So I don't know where you're getting this information from.

TTDORcH.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The facebook page still said it would be available at midnight but didn't specify what timezone, and haven't said it won't be available at midnight since. So I don't know where you're getting this information from.
Weird. I talked to Capcom's Community Manager (I've helped mod their official forums for over 4 years) and he said "to our knowledge" it would be around tomorrow morning i.e about the time eShop normally updates. I'll have to see if I can show him that if I get the chance tonight.

Shengar

After all, as we all know, Zak Gramarye is a jerk.

One thing that I don't like about that comic:
Zak Gramarye didn't give the page because he don't know it will be important (yes, it still importat regardless since it could be a prove in court of law but don't equate ignorance with jerkness), When Phoenix presented the forged one, Klavier immediately step in and asked the court to bring Misham in without any explanation beforehand. When the Judge was ready to handed down his verdict, the court never explained whatever happened and Zak procceed with his plan rather than asking for an explanation of what happened.
Although he still a man with big ego and jerk in the end (not as much as the comic imply though), because he still try to ruin another Phoenix life just for his Poker satisfaction. Not to mention he fired a certain lawyer with much bigger ego than his that would eventually bring his demise just because a game of poker one day before the trial.
Also we know that Valant Gramarye fully responsible for trying to frame a "murder" to his fellow magician. The comic imply that if Valant didn't frame it to Zak, he will be charged for the suicide instead. Well, if he doesn't alter the crime scene at all, he wouldn't have to worry since there is no definite evidence nor witness to make him guilty.
I know the comic filled with hyperbole, but stil....

The last case of AA4, in the end it just huge battle of ego between
Zak, Valant, and Kristoph that cost Phoenix his life and career (though he get a cute daughter in the end)
. Although it have great moment, the foundation of the case is really weak and rely too much "emotional" factor especially the 7 years old trial.
I just mean
Manfred von Karma and his brilliant daughter Franziska failed to defeat Phoenix. Especially Franziska, whose sole goal was to stop him. Then the goofy Gavin boys undo a man who has withstood Damon Gant and Dahlia Hawthorne.
Well, there many tales of the past which a great king or heroes brought to their knees by lowest denominator or advesaries you could think off, though. Not all exit or defeat should be grand I think.
And why do you forget the freaking Matt Engarde?!

Top Bottom