• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

dumbyugi

No, they had no connection between Phoenix and the forgery, other than an anonymous, unprovable tip and his presenting it in Court. Misham only testifies to making the forgery and explicitly states he does not know who ordered it. Manfred Von Karma, in all of his slime, would never once have settled for that. There is no solid connection between Phoenix and the forgery. The previous case in this game makes a HUGE deal about decisive evidence being necessary, to the point where it requires a confession from Machi to equate. Decisive Evidence is always a recurring theme in this series. Hell, it's brought up several times in the first case of Apollo Justice. And Klavier lacked every last ounce of decisive evidence to tie Phoenix to the crime. He had no evidence, no witness, and an anonymous, unsubstantiatable tip. The system fails completely when it disbars Phoenix. Klavier has nothing to tie him to it, and the Judge is absolutely unwilling to listen to Phoenix's side of the story.

And all of this has happened just WEEKS after Miles Edgeworth has brought down the entirely corrupt Prosecutorial Investigation Committee. Phoenix says a miracle happened in the court that day, and he's right: It's nothing short of miraculous that everyone in the system, the Judge especially, could be so stupid and corrupt that they would disbar Phoenix. Hell, this is the Judge who is FAMOUS for handing down just verdicts. And what does he do? Not even bother to hear Phoenix out. The man has seen Phoenix bring down the Chief of Police, Manfred von Karma, Godot, and foil assassins and mass murderers and he won't HEAR his side of the story?

Like I said, it is no wonder Nick gets a little nutty after that.

I understand where you're coming from and you're right when you say the von Karma would never have settled for that, he instead would have forged his own evidence to prove it. But Phoenix himself had no evidence to prove that he wasn't the one who forged the diary page. The second the diary page was proven to be a forgery Nick was considered the guilty party. He was the one who presented it to the court and he had no proof besides his own words that he hadn't ordered it. Phoenix had a hearing after the trial where he would have had the chance to plea his case, but because he had no actual evedince otherwise everyone on the hearing comitee beside Kristoph declares him guilty. That's how the court system works in the Ace Attorney world, all suspects are guilty until proven otherwise.
The Steel Samurai case is a good example of this, Will Powers had no motive and it was proven on the second day of the trial that he couldn't have done it. But he was still considered guilty until Phoenix proved someone else had done it. Stupid as it is, Klavier didn't need any proof beyond proving that the diary page was indeed a forgery. It follows the logic of the previous games.

Cody_D165

Banned
Fear not GAF. I have assembled my shrine and I am currently attempting to summon Dual Destinies from the eShop.
or I actually just took this photo for the contest Capcom put up to show off your Ace Attorney collection

WrightCollection_zps6473b4e9.jpg

Thoraxes

LESS THAN 10 HOURS

TKb2Umg.gif

HOLY SHIT

FINALLY

I REPLAYED THE END OF AJ AND AA3 AGAIN AND STILL CRIED TONIGHT

THANK YOU BASED CAPCOM FOR THIS GAME

I'M BUYING 4 PEOPLE I KNOW COPIES

I listened to all the OSTs for 8 hours during work today. I don't know why, but the AA franchise is my most loved franchise of all of them. I love every single game and every single moment, and am unabashed about my praise for the games and for the series. In my heart, they are perfect games, and I'm really looking forward to this one a lot.

HHHHHHHYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

CGXtjGS.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fear not GAF. I have assembled my shrine and I am currently attempting to summon Dual Destinies from the eShop.
or I actually just took this photo for the contest Capcom put up to show off your Ace Attorney collection

Shrine is missing the Japanese releases of both the DS and GBA games. Won't be powerful enough.

Namikaze

Where'd you get that poster? Now I want one, lol.

Also, can't wait to load this up on my 3DS..it's been so long since we've gotten a new AA game in the US.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So I just wanted to share my Ace Attorney experience so far. I only started the series recently... when the iOS HD collection came out. Man I fell in love straight away. I went through 1-3 on iOS and then grabbed the DS version of 4 and played through that. I've started AAI as well but I won't get through it in time for 5. Anyway I wanted to talk about it because without the iOS versions I never would've played this series so for that I am very grateful... However I must say after playing 4 on the DS and seeing some of the mistakes in the iOS versions I can see why people hate them. Still if anyone out there is choosing between iOS and nothing at all (and the price difference is still huge which is why I was never going to buy all 3 DS versions to play the series) then grab the iOS version. If you've got some money though it definitely seems the DS versions are the way to go. One day I'll go back and play the DS versions when I've got the time, any excuse to hear Detective Gumshoe's theme as much as possible. Anyway I'm so excited for tonight, thanks to everyone who's recommended these games in the past. Such an awesome series.

qq more

Shacknews also has a review up. They didn't like it as much.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81694/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-review-family-law?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Main complaint seems to be it doesn't improve enough on the old formula, in their opinion. Honestly, it just sounded like the person doesn't love AA games.
Eh, to each their own. People had this complaint on AA3 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm fine with the formula being mostly the same, the great story is what matters most to me!

You were right, CorvoSol, I'm going through that last AA4 case and it's been pretty good so far. It hits all the right notes for a great AA case.

- Completely turning an obvious case on its head very quickly? Check.
- Linking that innocuous case to a deeper mystery hinted at for the whole game up to this point? Check.
- Finally telling that story, Phoenix Wright's final case? Check.
I'm far from finished but it's pretty exciting, even though I can't reasonably expect it to reach the glory that was Bridge to the Turnabout (it concluded 3 damn games and all the buildup that went with them). But at least, it has these brilliant AA moments where everything comes together and the whole game pays off.

Mzo

I was planning on going in blind but I caved at the last second and played the demo.

It looks way, way better than I expected. Super hyped now. I can't fall asleep .

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm so excited now. I just have a quick question and I'd appreciate it a lot if I can get some clarification.

See, I never really bought an extra SD card. I'm still using the standard 2GB one that came with the 3DS. However, I know for a fact I won't have enough blocks to download the game from the eShop without deleting some of the stuff. If I deleted some games (new Super Mario Bros 2) to make room for this game, will I be able to re-download it from the eShop or am I going to have to back to up to my computer? Reason I ask is because I know it doesn't have an account system....

CoolS

I'm so excited now. I just have a quick question and I'd appreciate it a lot if I can get some clarification.

See, I never really bought an extra SD card. I'm still using the standard 2GB one that came with the 3DS. However, I know for a fact I won't have enough blocks to download the game from the eShop without deleting some of the stuff. If I deleted some games (new Super Mario Bros 2) to make room for this game, will I be able to re-download it from the eShop or am I going to have to back to up to my computer? Reason I ask is because I know it doesn't have an account system....
You can redownload as often as you want on your 3DS

Well, there are plenty of people here who stated they haven't played earlier games and are trying to avoid spoilers there as well.

Yeah, I'm not saying a little more tact can't be shown about spoilers for previous games, just that there's no need to be running from the thread yet if you're up to date with the series.

LAA

Urghhhh why isn't it up yet....

Happy I didn't end up staying up waiting for it, the latest I tried it was 1am and still nothing.
I'm more annoyed about the Ace Attorney facebook page saying it would be, Just why spread misinformation like that, surely they would know.

Looks like I'm getting it after uni if it isnt out in 30mins... pffff.

Top Bottom