• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

CoolS

Damn the blinking red 3DS light!

I'm pleasantly surprised about the lenght of the first trial though. Very nice so far on all accounts!

georly

Well I have a dilemma,

I'm trying to complete the last two games (T&T and AJ) before I dive in to 5. I'm think of consulting a guide and speed-running it to save time. Should I look up a guide or is it better to go in blind for the trails. How did most of you get thought the latter two games, is there any parts that I need to look out for if I decide to go without a guide?

Go in blind, take your time, AA5 isn't going anywhere. If you can enjoy T&T 6 years after release, you can enjoy AA5 2 weeks after release.

CorvoSol

Ahahaha, it's 9 AM here, but it won't be up for another hour, at which point I will be at school, in class, until 2 PM.

Screw you, lazy ass eShop updaters. 10 hours it's been the 24th here.

R.I.P

First half of the first case done!
Really enjoyed it so far, seems like one of the more interesting intro cases in the series. Surprised how different it actually is from the demo,
loved how Phoenix is actually pretty cool and confident now, like he should be.
The transition from 2D to 3D has been done pretty much perfectly, the character animations especially are really good,
I especially liked Juniper's knitting animation when she talks about Apollo, so cute!

Would have continued further if my University presentation could just write itself, have to get back to work now. Can't wait to dive in further tonight!

Semajer

So, I want to buy this, but I don't have enough space on my SD card.
Thanks CAPCPOM.
Does anyone know if I can backup my other downloaded games to my laptop, and then juggle them around with them still working later on? I remember with the DSi you'd lose your save if the game was moved, or deleted, is the 3DS like this?

So, I want to buy this, but I don't have enough space on my SD card.
Thanks CAPCPOM.
Does anyone know if I can backup my other downloaded games to my laptop, and then juggle them around with them still working later on? I remember with the DSi you'd lose your save if the game was moved, or deleted, is the 3DS like this?

It used to be like this, but now there's the new "backup saved game" feature you can use (and you SHOULD use it, or else you'll lose save data for games you delete.)

waiting-clock-watching.gif

eshop pls

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So it's up at... what... 11AM CST?

Because I need this fucking game goddammit. And I've waited long enough. Seriously. Since the last Ace Attorney, I:

Took the LSAT
Got into law school
Finished law school
Took the bar exam

And it was nowhere near as fun as the AA games. Not even Apollo Justice
JK I actually liked AJ a lot

Guhhhhh.

Semajer

It used to be like this, but now there's the new "backup saved game" feature you can use (and you SHOULD use it, or else you'll lose save data for games you delete.)

Thanks. I've only got two downloaded games, which NoE gave me for free, and I've only played on of them for a little while. I decided to delete the 3D trailers, I had all of them, so it freed up a lot of space.

graywords

Because I need this fucking game goddammit. And I've waited long enough. Seriously. Since the last Ace Attorney, I:

Took the LSAT
Got into law school
Finished law school
Took the bar exam

Guhhhhh.

Congrats!

Present badge at every opportunity.

Took the LSAT
Got into law school
Finished law school
Took the bar exam

Guhhhhh.

Have you practice your objection yet???

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Have you practice your objection yet???

We were actively discouraged from slamming our hands on the desks, or yelling at buffoons posing as judges. As I've discussed on twitter with my 13 followers, we were not provided Godot masks, nor instructed how to brew a perfect mug of darkness. As I said, it's a scam. I learned no real skills that I can apply in a situation like AA5. Bernie Madoff has nothing on law schools.

When you get promoted to Ace Attorney, that's when the badge comes.

I dunno, dude. Even Winston Payne probably has a lawyer badge. And he's a dunce.

I am no dunce.

Downloading now. I may still be mad at how Capcom have treated this entry, but I can't be mad a £20 asking price and the demo gave me all the feels. Can't wait to get started soon-ish!

Boogiepop

So, I guess I'm in a bit of an odd position with this one. I picked up AAI2 when I was in Japan, and I can in theory play through it, but it'll be slow and I'm a little worried about playing something with so much/such important text right now (I made it through FE12 in Japanese okay, but even that took like a month and was an upgraded version of an NES game or w/e).

Does this game spoil/reference anything from AAI2? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should muscle through that game before playing this right now.

Top Bottom