• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

denshuu

How is a photo of
Phony Phanty next to the bomb
in evidence if
the bomb exploded while hidden inside Phony Phanty? Shouldn't they both be toast?

I'm already in love with Woods.
uW3XhBG.gif

CoolS

How is a photo of
Phony Phanty next to the bomb
in evidence if
the bomb exploded while hidden inside Phony Phanty? Shouldn't they both be toast?

The photo
was probably taken at the beginning of the trial. It does raise the question why they put it back inside Phony Phanty though.

Mesonak

So, I guess I'm in a bit of an odd position with this one. I picked up AAI2 when I was in Japan, and I can in theory play through it, but it'll be slow and I'm a little worried about playing something with so much/such important text right now (I made it through FE12 in Japanese okay, but even that took like a month and was an upgraded version of an NES game or w/e).

Does this game spoil/reference anything from AAI2? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should muscle through that game before playing this right now.

You may already have had your question answered, but I don't think it spoils anything for AAI2.

Giever

So, I'm super excited about this game, but ever since the demo, I've hated the new font. :( It's seriously detracting from my enjoyment of the game. I can't just read the text, I keep being distracted by the hideous font. :(

Some of the characters don't even show up fully. For instance, the first time we see the number 3,000. The right sides of all of the 0s are fucked up and partially cut off. It fucking sucks. I know people are gonna say I'm being nit-picky, but it pisses me off because it's such a simple thing, and since the entire game is reading, it's incredibly frustrating to me. I may get used to it over time, but it still sucks. :(

CrazyDude

Yes.

And I still don't liek Phoenix's voice...

It's not the bad, it's close to what I imagined his voice being.

And let's all be honest, everyone would have complained about the voice no matter who voiced it.Our minds has had four games to come up with their own voice for Phoenix, hearing it any other way makes it seem wrong.

It's not the bad, it's close to what I imagined his voice being.

And let's all be honest, everyone would have complained about the voice no matter who voiced it.Our minds has had four games to come up with their own voice for Phoenix, hearing it any other way makes it seem wrong.

Why would anyone imagine what his voice sounds like? He had another voice actor before.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, I gave in and purchased this...I still feel a bit guilty putting off X/Y already, but I think a break after marathoning 30+ through the main game will be good so I can come back to it ready to start EV Training some motherfuckers.

I never beat Apollo Justice though, but cleared the original trilogy. The former just bored me at the end, hopefully this one has a better pace and isn't as exhausting as the games could get sometimes during the Exploration phases.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3? I'm pretty sure it's the same VA.

Nick was originally voiced by a then-Capcom employee who is no longer with the company. UMvC3 was the first game to use his current voice actor. There's a decent number of people who prefer his original voice though.

I still don't get the "imagined voice" angle. He had an actor, and that actor had words (albeit only five of them).

Rezek

Neo Member
Finally starting. I see what people are saying about it being different from the demo, haha.

EDIT: LOL, Athena's facial expressions are gold!

Frolow

Banned
The stupid
wheels
tripped me up a bit. I knew
the cart was moved, but apparently they wanted you to select the bandage to prove that instead of just any part of the tracks.

CrazyDude

Nick was originally voiced by a then-Capcom employee who is no longer with the company. UMvC3 was the first game to use his current voice actor. There's a decent number of people who prefer his original voice though.

I still don't get the "imagined voice" angle. He had an actor, and that actor had words (albeit only five of them).

Five words is not enough to overtake what my imagination comes up for his voice.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The animation on the 3d characters is really good - it reminds me a great deal of the animation style and timing in Ghost Trick. I wonder if it's the same keyframe animator.

Top Bottom