• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Fucking Neogaf not having animated avatars.

#blunderofthecentury

BdGm18f.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I finished the first case.

Man, this game's so good. They did the transition to 3D really well, I mean the characters have jaggies sure but the animation is fantastic and there's all the animation charm and style. I downloaded the free dlc and instantly changed Phoenix to the classic suit. I don't quite like the new one. However I do dislike the options for Apollo and Athena.

My only real complain so far are that when a new evidence registers, it shows up on the top screen the moves to the bottom screen - it appears they use the same asset for both screens, and due to the resolution difference they scale it for the top screen and as a result it look blurry on the top screen, then on the bottom one is sharp; also attorney vs prosecutor face off flash screen looks weird, the characters look blurryish-low detail. Don't know what's going on there.

I pray to the gods it sells well and we get more dlc cases and a new game and what not. I would hate to see the series end.

Frolow

Banned
Damn, Case 1 was great.
Having Wright keep trucking through the trial, even with a presumed bomb going to explode in mere minutes, was a great twist.

Also, what's going on with Apollo?

CorvoSol

DOWNLOADING NOW.

I'm so excited right now, guys.

Gonna be honest though, I'm going to miss Investigations style investigation segments. The Miles Edgeworth games were so nice and smooth in that regard.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The Club Nintendo survey for this game still asks why you chose to download it rather than buy a physical copy.

Zach-Galifianakis-Cying.gif

How do you register it at club nintendo anyways?

I have the account linked to my eshop but I dont recall getting a code or anything.

edit: neverming, just checked club nintendo and it showed up.

MLH

Argh getting to that typical point-and-click game flaw; game wants me to point out proof but what I click on isn't working:

1st Case:
Bomb transport case was moved I can see the wheel tracks but clicking on them doesn't work.

Where do I click?
Edit: derp, I figured it out,
game wanted proof that bomb transport was moved after attack, not just moved

Frolow

Banned
Argh getting to that typical point-and-click game flaw; game wants me to point out proof but what I click on isn't working:

1st Case:
Bomb transport case was moved I can see the wheel tracks but clicking on them doesn't work.

Where do I click?
I got tricked up on the same section. You have to point to Apollo's bandages that were run over by the cart.

demidar

Just finished the first case, was pretty fun with all the twists. Saw the stinger for the second case, want to play but I got other things to do. Damn you life obligations!

Alfredo

Some of the logic stuff is still weird, but I'm super glad that the game lets you save before any penalties now. If I recall correctly, the old games would sometimes lock you out of saving, like during "point at the weird part of this picture" bits.

Frolow

Banned
Some of the logic stuff is still weird, but I'm super glad that the game lets you save before any penalties now. If I recall correctly, the old games would sometimes lock you out of saving, like during "point at the weird part of this picture" bits.

Not that it matters, since if you Game Over you start right back where you failed instead where you last saved.

Alfredo

Not that it matters, since if you Game Over you start right back where you failed instead where you last saved.

Oh, well that's even nicer, making the penalty system even more worthless, lol.

Edit: How does the "consult" stuff work? It never popped up for me in the first case.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
First case finished, impressions without spoilers:

- love the way the story is set up. The rare camera movements during the cases are cool.
- the 3D in this game is amazing. It just looks so flat without it, and I really dig it (old 3DS)
- first case was fun, wonder how many cases this game has
- the AA-ish animations still look so true to the series, despite the 3D models
- love love love the 3D effect in the movies, too.
- Judge still is awesome
- Not sure if I like the new feels gimmick of whatshername yet. The character itself is pretty cool tho.
- new save everywhere is a godsend.

- I probably won't play Pokemon for a while.
- edit: "Consult" didn't pop up for me either, maybe I missed it.

Frolow

Banned
First case finished, impressions without spoilers:

- love the way the story is set up. The rare camera movements during the cases are cool.
- the 3D in this game is amazing. It just looks so flat without it, and I really dig it (old 3DS)
-first case was fun, wonder how many cases this game has
- the AA-ish animations still look so true to the series, despite the 3D models
- love love love the 3D effect in the movies, too.
- Judge still is awesome
- Not sure if I like the new feels gimmick of whatshername yet. The character itself is pretty cool tho.

- I probably won't play Pokemon for a while.
- edit: "Consult" didn't pop up for me either, maybe I missed it.
It has
cases, plus the DLC case.

CoolS

This game is fantastic, but it ran into somewhat obnoxious puzzle logic in case 1 with the
"name" in blood and the tracks

To be fair the
tracks
actually made only sense that way.
The tracks on the ground could have happened at anytime, but the ones on the bandage actually PROVE that it was moved afterwards.

rekameohs

Banned
Man, the scene where Phoenix first enters the courtroom in Case 1 is so good. I love that at this point, he's like a legend now, unlike the early Phoenix cases where the prosecutor got all the love. I first didn't like how his theme was just a remix of T&T's, but damn does it sound amazing and work wonderfully there.

Nibel

Man, I have almost no money for video games right in the moment and this is probably one of the very best handheld series known to me

Hope to join you guys soon, I really missed Ace Attorney

Top Bottom