• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Rasec

Well then Capcom just lost my £20 for being stupid. I needed the Subtitle to fully understand the story as I am hard of hearing

Same here I was going to get this game but I can't knowing that I won't be able to fully enjoy it.

Yup, didn't expected that.

But i saw some of the cutscenes and not all of them have audio.
guess if someone uploads them with subtitles on yt isn't as bad as not understanding all the story.
I'll have to think if i will buy the 3ds or not.

Jintor

This court system has the worst crime scene security ever

But I guess that's always been apparent with defence attorneys just rampaging all over the bloody place since Ace Attorney 1

PKrockin

But I guess that's always been apparent with defence attorneys just rampaging all over the bloody place since Ace Attorney 1

"Oh, yeah, I'm Phoenix. Check out this origami piece of paper shaped like a badge. That proves it. Now let me take on this case."

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah, case 1 was super legit. Possibly the best case 1 in the series.

Just finished it, definitely one of the best, if not the best, first case. Though T&T is hard to beat with all its history. It was great that they didn't treat the first case like a total beginners run with like only two pieces of evidence and two cross examinations, but really gave you a whole lot to work with.

So far so good. Really loving the game, feels loyal to the series but a nice evolution with some welcomed additions.

jschreier

I mean, they're also okay with people straight-up slashing one another with whips and swords in the middle of court.

Lotto

Oh god, my friend has my 3DS right now cause I let him borrow it to play Pokemon Y, I thought this was coming out tomorrow wtf. I MISREAD.

Veggy

Sigh, stopped the download and redownloading now

I had the same damn problem with Fire Emblem Awakening, didn't finish downloading after 3 hours and had to stop it and redownload it again, which took about 90 minutes

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm guessing there is no way to change how the arrow on the bottom screen lights up, something about it bugs me.

Man, Phoenix is so awesome now. Just having played the demo, where he was more his old flustered self, and now playing the actual game where he has more self-posession and confidence, the difference is really noticable.

So guys I'll be buying eShop credit from Play-Asia since I dont have a US credit card.
Should I buy a 35$ or 50$ credit? Is there any cphance that the DLC case costs only 5$?
Also how many blocks does the game use?

rekameohs

Banned
Plus, it looks like you can now save when picking which item to present. Useful, since it the previous games, you had to guess when an important item-presenting point was coming up and save ahead of time.
It's also nice that saving doesn't even matter now, since the game puts you at your last mistake if you get a game over, instead of the last save.

Jintor

Fuck, i hate these pixel hunting evidence present bits.

I'm clearly pointing at the fucking tyre tracks, Judgey, recognise it!

/edit nope actually i'm an idiot lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just realized that this Payne is not the same as the old one. I though Winston just grew and extreme comb over.

Jintor

Come now, Phoenix, it's not as if this is your first case
where the 'victim' wrote a message in blood that wasn't what it initially appeared to be

Shengar

Just played a portion of Case 1, there are some things that tickles me.
Court Room Manner 101, smacking prosecutor is prohibited, whipping or throwing cup of coffee to the defense is o-kay
Judge mention how Apollo is admirable young man because he protects Juniper from explosion, saying that he thought before loud voice was only Apollo's outstanding. Meanwhile we know that Apollo's voice actor is Orion Acaba, the voice actor of Kellam and Jonathan, all were quite men themselves.

AA5 Case 1 Spoilers

I have to admit, Apollo's body totally got me at first. Like, I know it would've been ridiculous to have had him killed by someone as inconsequential as Ted, but god, how crazy would it have been if Apollo got offed early on and Capcom covered it up this whole time?

Still, it got a reaction out of me. Maybe I need to reel my imagination in some. I blame Danganronpa.

Anyways, yeah. Echoing that it's perhaps the best first case yet. Really engaging the whole way through, especially the bomb scene at the end. Really shows how Phoenix has developed, ahaha.

Vibranium

Banned
Gaspen is freaking awesome, I love how he's so much more arrogant and snarky than Winston. Case 1 is so good, looks like Junie wants to "take Apollo to the Woods" lol.

And I'm digging Blackquill too, I like his manner and "nobility" type vibe.

Fullbright is an idiot though (I guess that's the point but still), Gumshoe could whoop his ass anyday.

jrDev

Shit I forgot to download! Time to go use that $30 eShop credit :-D

Edit: damn, forgot there is tax added....now I'm gonna have to add more funds...

Vibranium

Banned
Did you guys catch a reference in the first case?
Phoenix mentions that he knows the feeling of being knocked out in the courtroom when Apollo is hit from behind.
Paying tribute to JFA I see.

Glad to see that Polly's Chords of Steel are still kicking too! :D

Come now, Phoenix, it's not as if this is your first case
where the 'victim' wrote a message in blood that wasn't what it initially appeared to be

Well, we do know that Phoenix tends to forget a lot of shit and it has been a long while since he really took part in court.

Top Bottom