• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

chadboban

OH HELL YEAH!

1004640_10202321612066200_348290945_n.jpg

Gaspen Payne = Gasp in pain
Winston Payne = Winced in pain

I got the first one almost immediately, but then the second one hit me like a sack of bricks.

Vamphuntr

Did they dumb down the investigations parts? It seems so far in case 2 there is like only one room you can investigate to collect evidence.

789shadow

Banned
Did they dumb down the investigations parts? It seems so far in case 2 there is like only one room you can investigate to collect evidence.
More like they streamlined it so that you don't go searching for that one random background object that is also crucial evidence.

I want to see everyone reactions to little things :(

Also in the beggining of case 2
present the Attorney Badge to Jinxie before talking to her. Its funny lol

Vamphuntr

More like they streamlined it so that you don't go searching for that one random background object that is also crucial evidence.

Or more like making 3d rooms is hard, right. Seems like for each step forward they took some step backwatd from previous games. You can't pinpoint a spot on a photo directly like you could before, now you have to drag the stylus on some virtual tracking pad. You can't investigate evidence in 3d anymore either.

Vibranium

Banned

I miss the reactions to every little thing though, I do hope they bring them back. Not a deal-breaker like how some people feel though.

Miss 3D evidence investigating too.

First case was great. The ending was pretty intense. Putting things together on
Arme being killed before the bomb went off
was mind blowing.

It's not as good as the first cases were for Investigations 2 or Trials and Tribulations (that one was more shocking, certainly), but it was still pretty high up there in the echelon of first cases.

Just got started on the second case.

GSR

Just finished case 1 - fun seeing how they translated things, and I'm loving everyone's reactions.

Glad it wasn't just me who got tripped up on
pointing out the tire track on the bandage
in case 1! I think I took off a good three-fifths of the penalty bar there when I played this the first time.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Fuck it, I ordered the entire Ace Attorney DS library off Amazon. Once I power through that, I'll start Dual Destinies. Let the massive wait begin!

L00P

Just finished case 1. I think it's the best first case in the series, though I am still fond of AA3's first case. The defendant in that case couldn't stop sneezing, while the girl keeps coughing in this one. Maybe there's a correlation

Case 1 spoilers:
I find Apollo's crime scene photos with him looking like he died presented in court alongside another victim's who is actually dead pretty funny.
No wonder he was all like "fuck you guys, I'm out" in the scene at the end. Shit was just uncalled for, yo

I'm seriously about to cry

Case 2 - Trial:
The trial started off decently until Jinxie took the stand and since this point the characters have gotten so stupid it's painful. EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN LABELLE WAS IN THE FOYER WITH FILCH AND ITS TAKING FUCKING FOREVER TO GET HIM ON THE STAND

It's unreal how they're dragging this out

Downloading now! Completely forgot this came out today. Had my prepaid Nintendo card ready and everything.

Mr. Wright... it's been far too long.

Salsa

ended up rebuying the greatest dsiware game with my extra $2 btw. Didnt have it on my 3DS

EHqxokcl.jpg

started Apollo Justice's last case. Commited to this second playthrough before I start AA5 dammit

I haven't started it yet. I never finished Apollo Justice... so.. I decided to finish that one before going into this one. In case two right now.

I forgot where I was in the story for the game, so I had to start from the beginning. But I'll be fine, I think. By the time I'm done with this one, it'll be easier to download the new one from the eShop. I just have to be strong.. sigh...

that's like 90% of all 3ds games o_O

its a bit better in 3d, well my eyes focus on it less.

I've never experienced text this blurry before, I mean it's perfectly readable, but even still. Reminds me of most of the PSP games I played, the text always seemed washed out. lol

Professor Layton games for example, the text is really crisp.

damn it, why are teh 3ds speakers sooo bad. i don't like to play my 3ds in bed with headphones on :X

And its a bit odd that while most character emotes transition well to the next, a lot of athena's don't.

Top Bottom