• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Fancy seeing you here~ Seriously, I'm loving the game. I'm trying NOT to burn my way through it, but I already got through 2 cases...
Heh, reppin' VNs for life.

Until I started watching the AAI2 translation, my hype for AA5 was not as high as it should of been. I wasn't gonna play it right away because I couldn't fathom skipping a game in this series. But now that the amazing YouTube translation for AAI2 is available, I won't miss out on anything. :)

Shahadan

Oh god the Probe system. And you thought Kay's gadget was bad in AAI

Widget is stupid and ridiculous in its entirety. Why couldn't they stop at the mood matrix ? It was enough.

Artemisia

Banned
OK so I think I'm stuck on case one

I have to prove that the
bomb transport box was moved. I pointed to the skid marks on the floor. Is there a specific area of the marks I should be pointing to?

Shahadan

I think he was the most popular new character on Japanese polls. I was rather ambivalent about him, but he at least he's a jolly fellow. Maybe the translation didn't do him JUSTIIIIIIIICE (Is that still his catchphrase here)?

Once again japanese polls screw us over :lol:
If there is AA6 we can bet we'll see more of Fool Bright.

Jintor

OK so I think I'm stuck on case one

I have to prove that the
bomb transport box was moved. I pointed to the skid marks on the floor. Is there a specific area of the marks I should be pointing to?

It's not just that it
was moved, but when

Artemisia

Banned
It's not just that it
was moved, but when

ohhhh

ic

owl.gif

Blackquill's animations are amazing! Continuing the tradition of sexy prosecutors. :') Definitely tops Godot in terms of gimmick, though not nearly as fun as Edgey, who don't need no weapon to whip you into shape.

Just finished case 2 and it was pretty fun, though kinda long. Also, what's up with the investigations? They're so lacking compared to previous games.

Blackquill's amimations are amazing! Continuing the tradition of sexy prosecutors. :') Definitely tops Godot in terms of gimmick, though not nearly as fun as Edgey, who don't need no weapon to whip you into shape.
It's funny you've mention that, because it's totally true. Your main rival (not the Paynes or the main "bad guy") in every AA game is always some sexy guy or girl. (Miles, Franziska, Godot, Klavier, Lang, Angela, and now Simon.)

It's a winning formula, so no objections (heh) from me.

pariah164

It's funny you've mention that, because it's totally true. Your main rival (not the Paynes or the main "bad guy") in every AA game is always some sexy guy or girl. (Miles, Franziska, Godot, Klavier, Lang, Angela, and now Simon.)

It's a winning formula, so no objections (heh) from me.
Yeah, I was like, "10/10, would do." AA has a wonderful habit of this, and I am soooo happy about it.

BTW, could you PM me a link to the AAI2 playthrough on YT?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Not gonna lie, I'd pay top dollar if Capcom re-released the older games with these new models and investigation rooms.

Yeah, the games would be quite a fun and rewarding experience to have it done in full 3D like AA5. They can even streamline cases that in the past have been criticized or flesh things out that were left unresolved.

R.I.P

Kinda bummed that you can't investigate every area in investigation phases. They could have just used the normal 2D-style for other areas, and have the 3D investigation in the murder scenes.

Played through the first case, gonna leave if there for today. The game is gorgeous, like the spritework come to life. Everything is bursting with personality. The writing is up to par, the interplay between Phoenix and the judge being hilarious as always. I'm still a tad disappointed about no physical version, but really I'm happy to be able to play the game at all.

Really, I think ommmmmmmg basically sums it up.

I want a Hobo Phoenix costume DLC.

I feel no shame in admitting that I would buy this. HoboNick is sexy. Was nice seeing the PaPa beanie in the opening, at least.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Kinda bummed that you can't investigate every area in investigation phases. They could have just used the normal 2D-style for other areas, and have the 3D investigation in the murder scenes.

Yeah, the banter was fun to read.

It really added to the character development.

ramyeon

I've played a bit of AA1 but never finished it, decided to jump on this after seeing reviews say it's pretty self contained. I'm really enjoying it so far - probably gonna go back and play the previous entries afterwards.

Nico_D

Can't wait to get this. First I have to finish downloading Deus Ex for Wii U, then I will download this. It's been too long since the last contact with Phoenix.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Finished the first case. It was pretty good for a first case.

One thing that's kind of bothering me are the talking animations. For some reason it just seems a little off to me... Well, certain ones. It just seems like it doesn't match up like the previous games. Anyone else feel the same?

Jintor

Case 2 so far:

- Can't 'examine' in normal rooms. Makes each location even less unique than before :(
- Typos galore. Noticed at least four in the last twenty minutes of play.
+ FULBRIGHT EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM
+ FILCH'S ANIMATIONS
+ TRUUUUCCCYYYYYYY

CoolS

I forgive anyone giving up playing during the second case. Holy shit.
I stopped at the beginning of the first day in court yesterday and considering that the courtroom parts are always better than the investigations, Day 2 has to be REALLY bad for me to understand this.

Shahadan

I stopped at the beginning of the first day in court yesterday and considering that the courtroom parts are always better than the investigations, Day 2 has to be REALLY bad for me to understand this.

It feels like a fan case written by a guy trying to emulate the originals because he's convinced what makes a good case is making it long for no reason and having omgz turnabouts everywhere without caring for logic or relevance.

Especially worse since you're showed the culprit in the intro and everyone conveniently forgets his presence for no reason.

Plus it's hard to care about the plot and you're hammered with names and terms from japanese folklore and it's annoying, but maybe that's just me on that front.

It's everything that is bad in the series, and what was bad about AAI imo.

Man, I am absolutely loving this game so far. I'm currently halfway through Case 2.

The 3D animations really bring a lot of life to the characters. It's such a substantial improvement over the previous 2D sprites in terms of expression, and still just as charming.

I mean, you can look at characters like Filch and Athena and you can tell that the animators really went all out.

I can't wait to dedicate my weekend to playing the rest of this game.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Case 2's length. I still haven't even gotten to the court section yet.

I didn't mind it, really. You weren't being dragged around on irrelevant errands (for that section, at least) and were constantly learning information and meeting new characters. Heck, I'd prefer the game to be as long as possible without overstaying its welcome.

Jintor

Filch's animations are amazing. He's so odious. When he leans to the side... and keeps leaning... and then his hat nearly falls of, my god

FSLink

Banned
Man, I am absolutely loving this game so far. I'm currently halfway through Case 2.

The 3D animations really bring a lot of life to the characters. It's such a substantial improvement over the previous 2D sprites in terms of expression, and still just as charming.

I mean, you can look at characters like Filch and Athena and you can tell that the animators really went all out.

I can't wait to dedicate my weekend to playing the rest of this game.

Ditto. Can't wait to dive into this fully.
The dynamic between the new prosecutor and detective is pretty fun, and Athena is surprisingly really likable so far. Not a bad "successor" to Maya and Trucy. (...I don't really like Kay. :x)

SuperSah

Banned
Hey guys.

I want to know if the costume pack thing is free? If so, how long for?

I need to find some money asap to buy this before the free DLC expires. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love Jinxie's shifty eyes, haha.

And I can't believe I just now noticed the widget on Athena's neck actually changes the mood face based on her expressive animation. Pretty neat.

Jintor

reminder you can just hit b to skip the forced text intro but you won't just skip over dialogue unless you hold it down!

let the typewriter do its dark work though whenever you enter a new location. you need dat shit.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Almost finished with the first case.. Feels so good to have a another PW adventure to go through, it's kind of mind-boggling that the last AA game (excluding investigations) was back in 2008.

Animations and graphics are god-tier.;

Jeb

Thinking of getting AJ and complete it to get into this, I'm hearing bad things about it so is it worth while?

McNum

Completed the second case. I'm not sure why people are so down on it. I like that
for once the supernatural stuff actually was completely mundane and not supernatural at all. That thing at the end where Apollo had to piece together a lot of different evidence to make the final argument was pretty neat, too. I hope the rest of the cases do that, too.

Top Bottom