• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

CrazyDude

This.

As for
Godot - paraphrasing here - at the end, Phoenix says that he couldn't save Godot as well together with Maya and Iris, when Mia responds with telling Phoenix that he had saved Godot in a way that transcends life and death. There's also a picture of him at the end with Mia and Elise as "spirits looming over the cast", seen here.

Doesn't really prove anything, if it's not outright stated, you can imply anything. You can say he is together with the other in the other do to the relationship. Anyways, it still stupid to think every murder gets the death penalty. It make no sense what so ever.

The whole thing still does not contradict a murder not sent to death. No where is it stated every murder get the death penalty.

Finished case 1 and starting 2. I like to take these games slow hehe

Case 1 was solid and probably the best case1 in the whole series. I just started the second case and just noticed you can't examine random stuff in a location anymore

shit sucks ;_;

Jintor

Man, Blackquill is striking a really nice balance between being competent but still incredibly dismissive of you such that you really feel satisfied if you can stagger him.

And Apollo's theme is fuckin' baller

Doesn't really prove anything

That's why it's called "implication", not "evidence"?

The whole thing still does not contradict a murder not sent to death.

Well, after it has been stated in this thread that in AAI2, one of the murder convicts has not been sentenced to death, there's proof that not every murderer gets killed. I also admit to not remembering about Kristoph Gavin - I tend to just try to forget Apollo Justice because I didn't like that game all that much.
I stand corrected in that regard, and went on to say that it has been implied with several of the murderers.

No where is it stated every murder get the death penalty.

Of course, it was just implied - at least up until Apollo Justice. Implication =/= explicit statement. Implicit is the complete opposite of explicit, after all.

CorvoSol

Finished case 2, liked it. The twists were pretty good.

Liked Blackquill, he gives no fucks. Fulbright is cool.

I like Blackquill so far. He's a step up from Klavier and a return to form for Prosecutor-Antagonists in this series.

Fulbright's okay, but I kinda would rather have Ema or Gumshoe back. Plus there's something about Fulbright's justice-schtick which feels awfully familiar to me.

CrazyDude

That's why it's called "implication", not "evidence"?

Well, after it has been stated in this thread that in AAI2, one of the murder convicts has not been sentenced to death, there's proof that not every murderer gets killed. I also admit to not remembering about Kristoph Gavin - I tend to just try to forget Apollo Justice because I didn't like that game all that much.
I stand corrected in that regard, and went on to say that it has been implied with several of the murderers.

Of course, it was just implied - at least up until Apollo Justice. Implication =/= explicit statement. Implicit is the complete opposite of explicit, after all.

Yeah your right, it was drunk moment for me.

I've been somewhat watching a streamer play through the game (not really been paying much attention to the dialogue tho cause I want to play the game myself). Saw that guy's grin too and holy shit. I think
those are dentures, and his "hit" animation will have them fall out

CorvoSol

Unless
Godot
pops up all alive and well, we will never know. All we have is our speculation. I'm not saying he's dead for sure, just that it's implied he is. Might even be from something else but execution.

I just interpreted that story and the wording to be implications for his death.

Fair enough, although I never got the impression that
he was dead.
But I will also go on the record as not being unbiased on that account, haha.

With regards to
Godot
and the whole death row thing,
I was always of the opinion that if he wasn't executed, he ended up finally succumbing to the poisoning at some point.

Man, half the fun of this game is just admiring the amazing character models. It's seriously one of the best looking games on the system by far. Playing through Case 2 now (This was about as far as I got in the JP version) and loving things so far.

Jintor

Argh these typos though, seriously.

It wasn't that bad during Case 1 - I don't think any really jumped out at me - but they're everywhere in Case 2. Mostly not actual typos, mainly word misusage, but still.

It wasn't that bad during Case 1 - I don't think any really jumped out at me - but they're everywhere in Case 2. Mostly not actual typos, mainly word misusage, but still.

I'm pretty sure I saw a sentence lacking "you".

Salsa

finished replaying Apollo and started the first case finally!

man is it nice to have some production values, specially after years of playing resed up GBA games. Sogood.gif

are you guys advancing text at all? it feels a bit slower to let it flow than before

blurry font is also annoying but heck im so excited I could care lesssssss

cant wait to get deeper into it later tonight

Kazerei

Banned
I enjoyed case 2. Even though you know who the killer is from the start, there were still twists and turns in piecing together how it happened, who was what, where they went, when did they do it, etc. The cast of characters was solid too. I died when the defendant
got "possessed" by Tenma Taro

case 2 beginning of second day spoilers i suppose

"Unnecessary evidence has disappeared into Trucy's magic panties."

probably one of the most interesting sentences i've read in a while

bless you ace attorney

It makes me really happy that the (spoilers just in case can never be too careful)
Apollo forehead jokes are back. Always cracked me up.

Beginning of case 2 for me so far. I was skeptical about the transition to 3D after seeing the videos, but I'll give credit where credit is due. They've retained the feel of AA while still updating it.

I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Fey

Banned
finished replaying Apollo and started the first case finally!

man is it nice to have some production values, specially after years of playing resed up GBA games. Sogood.gif

are you guys advancing text at all? it feels a bit slower to let it flow than before

blurry font is also annoying but heck im so excited I could care lesssssss

cant wait to get deeper into it later tonight

Yeah, I feel like letting it go on it's own is slower this time, too. But I feel dirty going through text quickly on my first playthrough. x__x

With regards to
Godot
and the whole death row thing,
I was always of the opinion that if he wasn't executed, he ended up finally succumbing to the poisoning at some point.

Yeah, that's what I always assumed as well. :)

Man, half the fun of this game is just admiring the amazing character models. It's seriously one of the best looking games on the system by far.

I have to agree with this. The models of this game are absolutely amazing. I was a bit skeptical when I first learned that they would switch from sprites to models, but after seeing them in motion, I can say that I'm convinced otherwise.
The game pays so much attention to detail in its animations, and everything is really true to the series, just looking smoother. They even made Apollo's weird "hit" and "thinking" animations look better lol.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hmm, hitting B for every piece of dialogue is kind of immediately gratifying, but it really ruins the pacing of some of these Courtroom segments.

I think I'll stop doing that...

They also have animations that trigger at specific points in a sentence and you lose that effect as well =(

edit: also, to me, more than the models itself (which are amazing anyways) the real deal are the animatons. Sooooo goooood. Really, they really took a lot of care into making this one.

demidar

Yeah I'm finding a fair amount of typos going through case 2 as well.

Frolow

Banned
Finished Case 2. One of the better filler cases I thought.
L'Belle was a pretty fun villain, if only for being completely over the top. Wasn't a big fan of the The Amazing Nine Tails and Spirit stuff though, mainly because they've covered similar already themes with the Feys and the Steel Samurai.

CorvoSol

Yeah they're all over the place. Lots of missing words and stuff, too. I kinda hope they can patch that or something, cuz they're all over case 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, the typos just clarify it as a Phoenix Wright game!

ohlawd

Are there any gifs of Athena's shocked-in-courtroom face?

yes I would love to have this.

I think I'm nearing the end of case 2. Game's pretty good so far. I really gotta hit overdrive doe so I'm hoping I'm done this game by Sunday night or Monday morning.

pariah164

I think I got another glitch...

Started up my game, only to find that the save file was not where I am certain I saved last (chapter 3 start), but instead the save before. Now I could have just forgotten to save (or thought I saved but actually didn't), but I am 99% sure I saved at Chapter 3 start.

Worrying.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Finally into the 2nd case. Curse my being out of the house all day with no time to play!

Blackquill is all sorts of fucking awesome! XD

GSR

I think I got another glitch...

Started up my game, only to find that the save file was not where I am certain I saved last (chapter 3 start), but instead the save before. Now I could have just forgotten to save (or thought I saved but actually didn't), but I am 99% sure I saved at Chapter 3 start.

Worrying.

Have you tried going to Episode Select and starting chapter 3 from there?

Top Bottom