• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

So I just began Case 5 and I have a theory of who is the Big Bad. Do not answer it.

HUGE SPOILERS

It is Fulbright. He has been keeping tabs on Blackquill until he was executed, the lighter he gave at the end of Case 4 must have been fabricated and he was in the Space Center on the day of the murder
Also in the monologues of Phoenix, he hints that the darkness was close by. And I was never conviced of his act.

Sorian

Banned
T____________T

Case 4 END

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Yeah.......I should have seen something coming but didn't expect that.....

I think the only time they've ever penalized you for pressing was with Moe back in JFA.

Climax of case 3-2 as well. You could only press one statement of the killer's testimony and if you were wrong it was an auto-game over
which I haven't seen in this game yet :(

CorvoSol

Also I'd like to point out to everyone that it is MR. CHARLEY.

Also that in spite of being disbarred and suffering a severe decrease in personal funds and also having to raise a daughter, it's pretty touching that Phoenix held on to both Charley and the Office. Testament to his love for Mia. Shut up I will ship this to Hell.

Actually come to think of it Maya's money from being the Master of Kurain probably also helped Phoenix keep the building.

Artemisia

Banned
I'm on Case 2 and stuck

I'm cross examining
L'Belle. He's saying that Jinxie ran off after she saw the crime scene and didn't see L'Belle. This isn't true, she went to the hallway with the phone, where she saw Tenma Taro. If L'Belle's claims of running to the other hallway were true, Jinxie would have saw him. What should I present to show this? I tried 'Jinxie's Statement' but that didn't work.

FluxWaveZ

I'm on Case 2 and stuck

I'm cross examining
L'Belle. He's saying that Jinxie ran off after she saw the crime scene. This isn't true, she went to the hallway with the phone, where she saw Tenma Taro. What should I present to show this? I tried 'Jinxie's Statement' but that didn't work.

Map.

Frolow

Banned
Done with Case 4 for tonight. Rather not burn through all the cases in a day. Though seeing all these reactions is getting me pretty hyped for the end game!

case 3 spoilers

okay it's really hard to not like athena after posing as the statue and being covered by the cloth in the middle of the courtroom

edit:
holy shit and then getting apollo to try to rip off some of phoenix's hair, ahahaha

edit2:
and then literally asking apollo to stab her, this is too much

PKrockin

I really like how even though Apollo is still sort of "the newb attorney," he still gets his moments of brilliance without Phoenix or Mia or whoever butting in at the most crucial moment and almost spelling it out for him like in many previous cases of the series.

I'm loving pretty much all of these characters, except maybe L'Belle. (DD case 2 and AA1 spoilers)
He reminds me a bit too much of Redd White, being the wealthy, egotistical, glamorous Case 2 murderer-blackmailer. Redd White was more hateable.

CorvoSol

I really like how even though Apollo is still sort of "the newb attorney," he still gets his moments of brilliance without Phoenix or Mia or whoever butting in at the most crucial moment and almost spelling it out for him like in many previous cases of the series.

I'm loving pretty much all of these characters, except maybe L'Belle. (DD case 2 and AA1 spoilers)
He reminds me a bit too much of Redd White, being the wealthy, egotistical, glamorous Case 2 murderer-blackmailer. Redd White was more hateable.

It's to make up for the fact that Klavier wouldn't stop helping him last game.

Stuck on Case 5:
The combination cross examination and Mood Matrix for Blackquill is giving me fits. Any suggestions?

Case 5 spoilers:
First, choose to find contradictory emotions. Then pick the Yellow Surprise emotion on Statement 2 (When he walked into the room and saw Athena). The testimony will be updated, so choose to find contradictory testimony. Present the picture of Simon holding the sword (the one with the bloody robot arm) on Statement 2. IIRC, the first part has him make up a story about being attacked by the robot before the killing, and when he adds that part, it contradicts with the previously-established fact that the robot was chopped up after the killing.

789shadow

Banned
Case 5 spoilers:
First, choose to find contradictory emotions. Then pick the Yellow Surprise emotion on Statement 2 (When he walked into the room and saw Athena). The testimony will be updated, so choose to find contradictory testimony. Present the picture of Simon holding the sword (the one with the bloody robot arm) on Statement 2. IIRC, the first part has him make up a story about being attacked by the robot before the killing, and when he adds that part, it contradicts with the previously-established fact that the robot was chopped up after the killing.
Thanks, but I ended up figuring it out on my own.

ohlawd

aaaaaand case 5 done.

I have not felt that good about a case since 1-5. It was THAT good.

Not ashamed I felt a tear drop. Beautiful, magnifico, all dem good words.

case 3 spoilers

ahahaha and of course, it all wraps up with guitar's serenade. i'm convinced that we're being messed with.

but god damn that was good

and impressions in the thread make me want to keep going ughhhhhhh

probably gonna pick up with case 4 first thing in the morning, ahaha

McNum

And that's case 4 done. Well, played, Ace Attorney, well played.

Spoilers for case 4:
All of a sudden, the evidence needed to clear Starbuck miraculously arrives, and sure enough, it's an immediate NOT GUILTY verdict. Which seemed all too easy, really. but no one was objecting, so maybe it would stick? It does stick? And we're fading out... is no one really going to? "OBJECTION!" There it is, now what's Blackquill objecting to... Ah, the fingerprints, and they belong to... ATHENA?! I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming at all.

I think I know what's going to happen next, but this is Ace Attorney, so I'm probably wrong. Wild guess for case 5:
The lighter is forged evidence. It's TOO good. The forger is Aura Blackquill who has something against Athena. She's the one telling Phoenix exactly what the lighter is supposed to look like, after all. But where that leads... I have no clue.
Going to be fun to figure out.

pariah164

Case 3, end of trial day 1 spoilers:

That was tough. I am going to lose my health before this game is over. Like, in-game wise. Also, LOL at all three of them admitting to the crime. That's either strong nakama or none of them did it. My bet's on Means being the actual culprit though. I don't trust that bitch.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wow, Simon is amazing.

I saw his name and portrait in the OP, and thought he was some stuck-up butler or something...but no, he's a goddamn-hawk-on-shoulder samurai.

Just beat Case 1. The game is good so far. However I really felt that they should have stuck to sprites. The 3D models, while serviceable, aren't as good. The 3D effect is also pretty weak in this game.

spiritfox

Sorry guys. It seemed to be getting the best response earlier in the thread so I went with that. I guess we could ask a mod to change it if it's really a problem for people?

Maybe throw another SPOILERS before the title, to make it more obvious. Both of them starting the same makes it easy to mistake the two.

demidar

Sorry guys. It seemed to be getting the best response earlier in the thread so I went with that. I guess we could ask a mod to change it if it's really a problem for people?

Make your OP have a huge buffer of empty newlines so even if people click on it they won't see anything. Probably put in a ACE ATTORNEY 5 SPOILER BELOW at the top of the buffer as well.

spiritfox

Make your OP have a huge buffer of empty newlines so even if people click on it they won't see anything. Probably put in a ACE ATTORNEY 5 SPOILER BELOW at the top of the buffer as well.

That doesn't really help if you go to last post, which i do for threads i follow.

GSR

For the record, the current title is: "Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies SPOILER thread | So THAT'S why it's rated M"

And the first post (no spoilers) is:

This thread is for open, spoiler-filled discussion of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. If you haven't played yet and don't want to wind up like Athena:

CGcPa1g.png

You should probably go to a different thread, like the nice shiny spoiler-free OT.

One caveat for those of us who played the Japanese version: no spoilers for the DLC case, Turnabout Reclaimed, until its English release.

demidar

That doesn't really help if you go to last post, which i do for threads i follow.

You don't use subscriptions? I use subs to keep track of threads I follow, therefore there's 0% chance I would accidentally click on spoiler threads on my control panel since it's not on there.

pariah164

Me every time Simon blows a hole in my claims/theories/objections:

dammit-dammit-o.gif

Maybe not quite that bad, but I don't think I've ever cursed this much during an AA game.

spiritfox

You don't use subscriptions? I use subs to keep track of threads I follow, therefore there's 0% chance I would accidentally click on spoiler threads on my control panel since it's not on there.

I do, but sometimes I see the thread while browsing the main forums, so I just go from there. Well, it's not a big issue, really, just kinda annoying for a game like this.

Mistle

Wow, case 1 was spectacular. Such a great intro case, best one so far even! The animations and art and everything also and so perfect.

Sad to hear case 2 isn't as good, but I'll go in with an open mind.

ALSO I was really hoping for the return of the awesome case drawings that you get to see after finishing one. Just got the collage instead... ah well!

pariah164

Need some help on Case 3, trial day 2:

Where was the actual murder scene? Lecture hall, waiting room, stage, archery range...?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out! Funny how that works.

CrazyDude

AA1 question, will put it into spoiler just in case.

What was Von Karma's motive in setting up the plot with yogi?

How come it was assumed that Von Karma was the one who killed Edgeworths father? Couldn't have been easily Yogi who did and that Von Karma was just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

CorvoSol

AA1 question, will put it into spoiler just in case.

What was Von Karma's motive in setting up the plot with yogi?

How come it was assumed that Von Karma was the one who killed Edgeworths father? Couldn't have been easily Yogi who did and that Von Karma was just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Von Karma's motive was revenge on Edgeworth. It is the entire motivation behind everything he does from the moment that the Dansweets case ends until that Christmas case. He raises Miles to get revenge on Gregory for getting him penalized.

CrazyDude

Von Karma's motive was revenge on Edgeworth. It is the entire motivation behind everything he does from the moment that the Dansweets case ends until that Christmas case. He raises Miles to get revenge on Gregory for getting him penalized.

But why does he want frame edgeworth and wouldn't killing his father have been revenge enough?

Top Bottom