• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

CrazyDude

Ok, but I am still having a hard following how him having a bullet in his shoulder proves that he was the killer. Wouldn't that only prove the possibility that edgeworth did not kill his father, but it went into von karma? Couldn't yogi just as easily killed his father? Picking up the gun after edgeworth throws it and then shoot him? There is no evidence von karma went into the elevator and shot edgeworth's father.

CorvoSol

But why does he want frame edgeworth and wouldn't killing his father have been revenge enough?

That's the thing: it wasn't revenge enough. Killing Gregory wasn't enough for Manfred. So he takes Gregory's son, twists him into the opposite of all Gregory stood for, then frames him for a crime he did not commit as part of a ploy for getting Miles to take the rap for having killed Gregory. Manfred is a twisted, sick man. Killing wasn't revenge enough for him, he had to destroy everything Edgeworth stood for, too, and to do that, he was going to destroy his son.

Chaos17

I like to see again the court room, I missed that in Edgeworth game.
The character animations are really nice that make them more alive.
Just finished case n°1, I'm enjoying the game so far.

McNum

Wow, case 5, initial investigation spoiler:
FIVE BLACK PSYCHE-LOCKS! Well... damn, haven't seen that set since... Kristoph Gavin. One of the most evil and unscrupulous characters in the entire series. And they're on
Athena
, of all people?!

This is going to get interesting.

XaosWolf

Still got just over another game to go before I can start AA5.
Currently on AA3 Case 5, then I've got Apollo Justice.

Dunno if I'll need to go through the Edgeworth Investigations one at some point though.

Artemisia

Banned
Early case 3:
Wtf is that purple thing on Hugh's head? And wtf is up with that squeaking/stretching noise that Robin keeps making?

dumbyugi

Early case 3:
Wtf is that purple thing on Hugh's head? And wtf is up with that squeaking/stretching noise that Robin keeps making?

It's not really a spoiler but just in case:
The squeaking/stretching noise is Robins brace thing, it's used to provide tension while stretching I guess. I don't know what purple thing you're talking about on Hugh's head. I don't recall anything of the sort.

It's not really a spoiler but just in case:
The squeaking/stretching noise is Robins brace thing, it's used to provide tension while stretching I guess. I don't know what purple thing you're talking about on Hugh's head. I don't recall anything of the sort.

It is
his bow since he is in the archery club

Jintor

Case 3 minor spoilers:
Wait, I thought the bombing case was only the second time Athena was in a courtroom? And now she's running the case for Juni before that...?

bonercop

Finished Case 3. I've been playing this way too much, it's been too long since I last got to play one of these games.

I've gotta say, though: This has been the most anime-ass AA game so far. Fully expecting someone to power up and fire laser beams before this game ends.

Case 4 investigation:
"So 'I'm fine' and 'You're fine' were Apollo and Clay's secret phrases. I wish I could ask Apollo more about Clay and their relationship now."

I literally cannot process this as anything but Apollo x Clay.

Shahadan

Case 4 investigation:
"So 'I'm fine' and 'You're fine' were Apollo and Clay's secret phrases. I wish I could ask Apollo more about Clay and their relationship now."

Everything about it is suspicious. We should accept it.

Case 4 investigation:

This doesn't really work in the Japanese version.

Also Aura x
Metis
is pretty much acknowledged in the JP. No clue how the English handles it.

Jintor

Finished Case 3. I've been playing this way too much, it's been too long since I last got to play one of these games.

I've gotta say, though: This has been the most anime-ass AA game so far. Fully expecting someone to power up and fire laser beams before this game ends.

what's the functional difference between an anime-ass AA game and a non-anime ass AA game? ==;;

Leezard

Also Aura x
Metis

Aura says that
she wanted to be more than just co-workers, at least. The judge then continued to say "What did you want to be, then?" With some reactions by the rest of the cast.

Shahadan

Also Aura x
Metis

Aura says at some point she
wanted more than just Metis's friendship, without giving more details . I think there is also another allusion but I don't remember it.
She also says iirc that Apollo and Clay's relationship is awfully similar.
How was it in jp?

So Ace Attorney this trial lol.

Spoilers for Case 5 Trial 1

Edgeworth still has a hard time to have the witness tell their name and occupation lol

Okay. Okay. Case 4 Investigation:
Captain Cosmos is officially the greatest character in existence. Ever.

Now I really can't wait to get to trial again.

Jintor

Jesus christ Case 3, Trial 1.

Blackquill nearly got away with letting a witness completely escape cross-examination! Procedural justice can take a hike! Truly these are the dark days of the law.

Shengar

Still got just over another game to go before I can start AA5.
Currently on AA3 Case 5, then I've got Apollo Justice.

Dunno if I'll need to go through the Edgeworth Investigations one at some point though.

I still need to finish my re-playthrough if AA series, currently on JFA third case
(Moe meta-joke is way funnier that his actual joke)
. I'm so far behind (i've finished AJ first, which helps a lot for visiting player like me), and I'm began to wonder whether or not I should play AAI and watch AAI2 youtube video first before I post RTTC thread. This thread is so tempting (for a spoiler ridden guy like me, its a feat that I've yet to get spoiled yet).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Goddamn this thread is losing its mind over the later cases it looks like.

Just a little into case 3 now, but I'm too tired from work and have to go at it again tomorrow all day. Probably have to wait until monday to really get into this one but I WANT TO SO BAD.

Also holy shit at this dude's smile.

Jintor

Oh I am looking forward to breaking this fucking golden boy in half. Call Thena and Polly a mouth-breather, will you, you shitty Ishida clone? I'M GONNA GUT YOU - WITH JUSTICE!

Jintor

Case 3 Trial 1 (near the end):
Robin pls wat r u doing

Fuck my life I love Ace Attorney games

/edit AHHH
JUNI PLS WAT R U DOING

/edit AHHH
HUGH PLS

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, beginning of case 4

Why's Apollo wearing some bandages on his right eye. Why doesn't he want to talk about it.
Why's Blackquill so open to do the open statement, when the other times it's been the judge.
And this is the case where the bomb exploded, right? THE FU*K IS GOING ON!!!

Top Bottom