• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

ohlawd

This one's pretty generous, if you fail the case you can just press Continue to return to the decision point where you lost (or at least really close to it) with all your "life" restored.

I'm kidding.

But I'm not afraid to look up solutions if I'm stuck for even a minute.

How's the DLC case? The premise seems silly; does it really get good later on?
I have high hopes for this game. AAI2 was reaaally good (except maybe for the 3rd case), so I hope this one keeps me even more interested.

L00P

I still can't believe how good the 3D models turned out, especially their animation. I thought the 2D sprites' jerky, anime-style movements in the previous games wouldn't translate well in 3D at all, but they actually nailed it. The game still feels like it's 2D

i hate ... i HATE nintendo account system.

BUT

But i will go back on my principles Because i have no other way ..
i know the game will be stellar , but only a game like this would be able to make me get past my principles ..i want to know the rest of the story dammit.

So see you all when i'll be available.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
vwHthxp.jpg

I am going to abuse this.

Love the OT, love the title, but I've avoided spoilers for too long to ruin it now. So I gotta go on a blackout for this game. It's going to be my GOtY though, no doubt about it.

ohlawd

Love the OT, love the title, but I've avoided spoilers for too long to ruin it now. So I gotta go on a blackout for this game. It's going to be my GOtY though, no doubt about it.

I have the demo downloaded but I haven't touched it. I still don't know anything beyond the Japanese reveal.

Think I did well with my blackout.

Squishy3

I have it on good authority there is a "My body is ready" line in the game. Feel free not to believe me since I'm a junior and all, but it's in there or I'll eat my socks.

How's the DLC case? The premise seems silly; does it really get good later on?
I have high hopes for this game. AAI2 was reaaally good (except maybe for the 3rd case), so I hope this one keeps me even more interested.

Yeah, the premise starts off pretty silly. Obviously everyone at first is like "You're gonna do whaaaaaat?", you get some jokes at Phoenix's expense but then things progress in very big ways once you hit the first trial day.

So what's the best way to word-of-mouth this?

If someone asks "What's the Ace Attorney series about and why should I get it?"

How do I answer in the most convincing way?

So what's the best way to word-of-mouth this?

If someone asks "What's the Ace Attorney series about and why should I get it?"

How do I answer in the most convincing way?

ace attorney is a visual novel adventure series starring the defense lawyer phoenix wright
for the most part
solving murder cases with the help of spirit channelers, magicians,detectives and more!

why wouldn't want to play it?!

good?

watershed

Banned
Damnit, I saw this thread and thought the game was out already! Now I have more waiting to do. The demo was a lot of fun, I can't wait for the full game.

GSR

How long is the DLC case, by the way? Is it a trial-only case?

It's a full case (longer than some of the cases in the main game actually.)

Also, while it's not entirely on-cartridge, it was very openly developed alongside the main game as an additional case to be sold later. Just the way Capcom does things these days. But the base game still has 5 cases, so there you go.

Zalman

Call me a douche, but I would be so much more hyped for this if they were releasing a retail version. Can't seem to get excited for digital goods.

Then don't complain when the next Ace Attorney game doesn't get localized.

Ok so don't complain when the next one doesn't make it to America then...
If you don't buy it we don't get the sequels
If the sequels continue to come out as downloads, what does it matter? Should he buy it for your benefit or his own?

Your loss.
Well no, he's not really losing anything.

We should prohibit complaining about the digital only release in this topic. Take that shit elsewhere xox
Why? If it bothers you, ignore the posts complaining about it. Is this a positive comments only thread?

Lkr

soooo i completely blacked myself out for this, in fact i didn't even know it was coming out! seeing as the japanese version has been out for so long i assume we know as a fact that the M rating is a joke like the FAQ implies?
also there is a demo? i honestly hadn't really touched my 3DS in a long ass time until the Pokemans came out, so i might check it out just to get back into the swing of things

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yes! Finally, an OT!

I can't fucking WAIT! I need it NOWWWWW!!!!!!!

EDIT:

I'm replaying the series. Currently playing Justice for All, on the circus case! Love it!!!!

If the sequels continue to come out as downloads, what does it matter? Should he buy it for your benefit or his own?

Well no, he's not really losing anything.

Why? If it bothers you, ignore the posts complaining about it. Is this a positive comments only thread?

Kamiya: "Are you his mom or something?"

GSR

soooo i completely blacked myself out for this, in fact i didn't even know it was coming out! seeing as the japanese version has been out for so long i assume we know as a fact that the M rating is a joke like the FAQ implies?
also there is a demo? i honestly hadn't really touched my 3DS in a long ass time until the Pokemans came out, so i might check it out just to get back into the swing of things

It is rated M, but as far as I can tell that's just because there's more blood at the crime scenes.

And yep, there's a demo in the eShop.

Oh man oh man oh man. This game can't come out soon enough. Why oh why do I have a test the same day? ;__;

I'm finishing v1 of my guide tonight. Here's a preview (which I already posted elsewhere).

A couple of things:

-I don't believe the HD Trilogy was released on Android devices.
-You actually can speed up the text in the HD Trilogy. I believe better complaints would be lots of missing animation frames and a gimped soundtrack. Furthermore, "performance is slow" is a more accurate statement than "frame rate is slow".

You could theoretically start with this, but you would be missing out on a lot if you don't since it is indeed one continuous story.
It is indeed one continuous story. Highly recommended to play them in order.
All i have to say is that you'll enjoy it a LOT more if you played the past games, it is sort of continuous.
Well, shit.

I don't even know how I would even go about doing that without having to track everything down on eBay. I wish all of them were on VC and I only had the DS ones to track down.

GSR

Well, shit.

I don't even know how I would even go about doing that without having to track everything down on eBay. I wish all of them were on VC and I only had the DS ones to track down.

If you have a Wii, games 1-3 are on WiiWare. There's also iOS versions but those have some pretty severe issues.

Shengar

Well, shit.

Play-asia apparently have all of them in stock.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-Ace+Attorney.html
The trilogy, PW, JFA, and TT all on discount. Better grab them quick!
There's en english patch for the first 2 cases too! Soon the full patch will be out.
Better than watching it on yt!

I have to buy the Japanese copy first before I have the right to use it D:

Lemstar

Well, shit.

As previously mentioned, the DS ones are all cheap on Amazon. Alternatively, if you don't care that much about complete copies, you can hunt them down at GameStop, especially during this weekend's B2G1 preowned.

Top Bottom