• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Didn't AA2 let you present profiles too? I remember shoving that into everyone's faces, but can't exactly remember if it was AA2 or AA3.

Yeah, that started with AA2.
For all the flak AA2 gets, it's introduced a lot of cool things - the health bar (instead of the fixed health "points"), the psyche-locks and the profiles being able to be used as evidence/etc.

rekameohs

Banned
Didn't AA2 let you present profiles too? I remember shoving that into everyone's faces, but can't exactly remember if it was AA2 or AA3.

Both AA2 and AA3 did. It was a pretty a nice feature. I liked how in AA3, you could present Phoenix's profile, which usually led to funny results. I always made sure to do that to everyone, in addition to the obvious "show Attorney's Badge to everyone" option.

Leeness

I think there was a huge missed opportunity for a great line by Apollo in this game. Present that badge to someone and he says. "I AM APOLLO JUSTICE AND I AM A FINE ATTORNEY!"

I AM APOLLO JUSTICE AND I'M FINE.

Aw, I love Apollo. He's so adorable. I was always sad that he got so much hate for AA4.

Nohar

I absolutly love the hawk in this game, only because he actually sits on the judge's head several times, minding his own business.

Sorian

Banned

Aw, I love Apollo. He's so adorable. I was always sad that he got so much hate for AA4.

It's kind of bad but whenever Apollo starts going into that whole speech and then shouts about it I can't help but think of this

1363371831466.jpg

Then I cringe.

I didn't like AA4 for an entirely different reason that has hardly anything to do with Apollo. It's mostly the fact the cases in his game are almost all pretty bad imo. I only enjoyed the first case of that game. The others were too convoluted or just plain silly.

damn, that case 4 ending

by the time the fingerprint results were coming around, i had figured that it was going to be one of the key players, but damn, i wasn't expecting that...

i was thinking it was gonna be apollo

rekameohs

Banned
I didn't like AA4 for an entirely different reason that has hardly anything to do with Apollo. It's mostly the fact the cases in his game are almost all pretty bad imo. I only enjoyed the first case of that game. The others were too convoluted or just plain silly.

Nothing will ever top the convolution of AAI Case 5.

The victim is killed with a flower that's actually a knife, then dragged along from the neutral part of the embassy to Country A in a hot dog cart. Then a fire is started in the Country B side, such that the body is thrown into a well, which lowers when the fires are put out. Then the body is transported, the well is filled up again, and the killer goes into his office, fires a crossbow, using a ceiling fan as a pulley, and sending two gigantic statues flying through the air. THEN, he bashes another dude's skull in with said statue.

Good lord.

The victim is killed with a flower that's actually a knife, then dragged along from the neutral part of the embassy to Country A in a hot dog cart. Then a fire is started in the Country B side, such that the body is thrown into a well, which lowers when the fires are put out. Then the body is transported, the well is filled up again, and the killer goes into his office, fires a crossbow, using a ceiling fan as a pulley, and sending two gigantic statues flying through the air. THEN, he bashes another dude's skull in with said statue.

Good lord.

You forgot
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

Fey

Banned

Good lord.

AAI case 5 is the only case in the series I've never been able to force myself to beat more than once. It's so ridiculous and bad.

Sorian

Banned

Good lord.

God, I need to go replay that case again. It's ridiculous because it all makes sense when Edgeworth is explaining it.

rekameohs

Banned
AAI case 5 is the only case in the series I've never been able to force myself to beat more than once. It's so ridiculous and bad.

There's sort of a "mid boss" and a "final boss" in that case, and I really liked it up to the "mid boss" breakdown. The "final boss" and the aforementioned scheme just really sucked after that, though.

Fey

Banned
There's sort of a "mid boss" and a "final boss" in that case, and I really liked it up to the "mid boss" breakdown. The "final boss" and the aforementioned scheme just really sucked after that, though.

The part up to
Shih-na=Callisto
right? I think the last time I played, I gave up shortly after that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
kinda stuck at case 3

Trial vs Means, he's talking about Juniper dragging him into it all, asking him to get her declared innocent, meeting her in the audio lab while the fake speech ran etc.

What to do?

Fey

Banned
kinda stuck at case 3

Trial vs Means, he's talking about Juniper dragging him into it all, asking him to get her declared innocent, meeting her in the audio lab while the fake speech ran etc.

What to do?

This is when his last statement is that he'll defend her because it's humane, right? If he wanted to defend her, why did he give Hugh a certain something that made her more suspect ...? :O

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This is when his last statement is that he'll defend her because it's humane, right? If he wanted to defend her, why did he give Hugh a certain something that made her more suspect ...? :O

Thaaanks :D Didn't think of that at all, duh.

Edit oh god this game

FluxWaveZ

Case 5: Just met who I assume will be the last cameos from previous games in the series. Kind of silly that they were officially announced before the game was released but that they only appear in the last case.

mugwhump

Halfway through case 1, not terribly impressed so far. Question about the very first piece of evidence you present:
When did they take that photo of the bomb next to the stuffed animal if it was inside the animal when it blew up? Did they take the photo and put it back in? Wut? Unless this gets explained later...

Halfway through case 1, not terribly impressed so far. Question about the very first piece of evidence you present:
When did they take that photo of the bomb next to the stuffed animal if it was inside the animal when it blew up? Did they take the photo and put it back in? Wut? Unless this gets explained later...

Wut. The bomb was evidence for a different case, so the photo was made for that case. The bomb exploded during the trial of said case.

vv Sorian explains it better.

Sorian

Banned

It was taken out to take a picture at the beginning of the trial that it pertained to originally. This happened after all of the evidence was brought to court that day but before the trial actually began. It was then put back in so that it could be presented as it was found at the crime scene.

Sorian

Banned
Oh it's going to be so satisfying to breakdown fucking golden boy into tiny itty bitty pieces

I don't even know if he's the real killer or not. I just want to see him SQUIRM

3t5syu.jpg

Edit: I'm not even going to consider this a spoiler because at this point all of the ace attorneys are douchebags. You know if someone takes the stand you are going to break them down.

Okay, so I finished the game. And then I went back to look at the each case's title art. And I noticed the "Chapter Select" option. It's.... it's so beautiful. That means I can just play the trial sections if I want to on replay.

Oh, and I think my favorite bit in this game? Case 5 Spoilers:
They explained the black Psyche-Locks. That is my absolute favorite thing.

Javier

Still on Case 4 Investigation:

Fulbright just won a lot of points with me. Amazing how the case went from dragging to instant awesome after breaking his locks.

And Aura Blackquill is totally Juri Han.

Top Bottom