• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Sorian

Banned
Still on Case 4 Investigation:

Fulbright just won a lot of points with me. Amazing how the case went from dragging to instant awesome after breaking his locks.

And Aura Blackquill is totally Juri Han.

Juri_han_twin_perspective_by_j_century-d4nmvol.jpg

I need to see her in these two outfits to be completely sure but you may be on to something.

pariah164

Case 4 early spoiler:

Blackquill's breaking his shackles and the trial hasn't even started yet? Aw, fuck. :( And of course I have zero evidence. Fuck yooooou, game.

rekameohs

Banned
Is there any timetable on the dlc case yet? The Japanese release was a little under a month from the game's release, so should we expect something similar?

Thankfully, I'm still early on in Case 3, so there's plenty of game left to enjoy!

ohlawd

pls capgod moar dlc cases.

just one ain't cutting it. Can't you at least make a beach DLC?

Heck I'd write it for you.

Everyone's chilling at the beach, guys are wearing speedos while the girls have the raunchiest outfits on. Well anyway some of them are playing volleyball in the water when one of them notices their leg is touching something. That person looks down and they see a freaking dolphin.

The dolphin bears its head on the surface and it freaking talks. It says his human friend has been killed by his other friend the shark and now the shark is now due in trial in the underwater city. But he says the shark didn't do it.

So everyone wears a scuba outfit and they all swim to that city to participate in the trial.

We can have anyone in the defense while the prosecutor is some badass fish and he's a little bit of Edgeworth, Godot, Klavier, Payne, von Karma Blackquill, freaking everyone. It's the team's hardest challenge yet: will the shark be found innocent or sent to the guillotine?

Sorian

Banned
pls capgod moar dlc cases.

just one ain't cutting it. Can't you at least make a beach DLC?

Heck I'd write it for you.

Everyone's chilling at the beach, guys are wearing speedos while the girls have the raunchiest outfits on. Well anyway some of them are playing volleyball in the water when one of them notices their leg is touching something. That person looks down and they see a freaking dolphin.

The dolphin bears its head on the surface and it freaking talks. It says his human friend has been killed by his other friend the shark and now the shark is now due in trial in the underwater city. But he says the shark didn't do it.

So everyone wears a scuba outfit and they all swim to that city to participate in the trial.

We can have anyone in the defense while the prosecutor is some badass fish and he's a little bit of Edgeworth, Godot, Klavier, Payne, von Karma Blackquill, freaking everyone. It's the team's hardest challenge yet: will the shark be found innocent or sent to the guillotine?

Not sure if Athena in a raunchy outfit would be worth it. Sounds like I'm having some shark sushi tonight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There was a guy as Phoenix Wright at the haloween party I went to last night. Looked pretty good.

rekameohs

Banned
Yeah it's a little harder to notice since there's no ladders to examine this time around, but as soon as they mentioned using one to get up there, I made sure to examine it later.

Sorian

Banned
Still waiting for the day where the piece of decisive evidence that will put away the big bad forever is a step ladder.

Man, Apollo is such a boss in this game. Just got to his
Limit Break
scene in Case 2. So indifferent about whether I'm playing as him or Wright at this point.

pariah164

It's been said that whoever can explain the differences between a stepladder and ladder will soon reach enlightenment.
Pssh, I can do that.

A stepladder is an offshoot of a ladder. A stepladder is hinged in the middle to form an inverted V, with stays to keep the two halves at a fixed angle. A plain ladder just leans against a wall or structure, in one piece. There's not always a wall around to lean a ladder on. A stepladder is necessary for objects in a high place in the middle of the room, and other needs. Plus, some people feel stepladders have a more steady base than normal ladders.

case 5 investigation spoilers

So Dadddy's going to find out who killed Dr. Cykes, too!

GUESS A CAPCOM WRITER WAS TOO FOCUSED ON AURA WHEN THEY WERE WRITING THAT LINE AMIRITE

HA!

but actually i hope the culprit doesn't turn out to be aura because that seems to be too obvious

do something crazy. make it juniper.

edit:
LETTER FROM MAYA

and it even has the picture of nick from de killer's calling card :')

edit2:
_____PEARL_____

Fey

Banned
Ha! [early case 4]
The Ace Attorney twists are getting so easy to predict. The moment I saw the pic of the "defendant" helping the "victim", I knew I would be figuring out it's actually the other way around at some point.

I feel so ace. 8)

McNum

I finished the game. I can click all the black bars in this thread now and not worry anymore. Yay. So, let's add some of those.

Case 5 finale spoilers:
I hadn't guessed that was the Phantom. But of course it was when looking back at it, it couldn't be anyone else. Also, lightergun! I do like that we ended up with a shot of Apollo, Phoenix, and Athena pointing at the screen together. I mean, really, that's that's the group pose we've all been waiting for.

The Phantom was also what you'd call properly paranoid. "If my identity gets found out, assassins will come after me." You'd think there'd be an "eventually" in that, but... *BANG* Now that's fast. All that really needed to happen for fanservice here would be a DeKiller card falling from the sky just after, but I'm okay with an unnamed sniper. Plus, DeKiller wouldn't have missed his vital organs.

And finally, Black Psyche-Locks! So THAT'S how you break them. Poor Athena. Actually, "poor Athena" sums up the first half or more of that case. She bounced back quickly, though, and the Mood Matrix parts on both Simon and the Phantom were fantastic. Way to throw a curveball at the system.

Full game and gameplay spoilers:
I really like that connecting the clues thing in the mind of the characters. Does that have a proper name? Thoughtline or something? The music, of course, makes that really epic. I really, really hoped it would have used it to figure out who the Phantom was, though. Have it go through all the possibilities only to end up at... that. Missed opportunity there...

I like that investigation has gotten streamlined, it's much easier to get aroudn now, and while losing the examine button on a lot of screens is a bit of a drawback, it's nice to have those notes and be led through it a bit more. Also, good call to move the Perceive here.

Overall, a great game, definitely worthy of its name. So... when's AA6?

pariah164

End of case 4...

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Seriously, I figured Athena has something to do with the space center, but really? How the balls...?

Finished the game at 2am last night. Man this game definitely leaves a nice high after the finale, the way that the rest of the AA series does. Definitely worth every penny.

And to think I would have paid double for a physical collector's edition lol.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm definitely enjoying this game, but is it just me or does it struggle to keep a steady frame-rate at times? That's the only thing that might make me miss the 2D art, because that issue aside, the transition has been smooth and for the better thanks to the impressive art-style.

I also hope it doesn't get worse (I'm in ep. 2).

Frolow

Banned
I'm definitely enjoying this game, but is it just me or does it struggle to keep a steady frame-rate at times? That's the only thing that might make me miss the 2D art, because that issue aside, the transition has been smooth and for the better thanks to the impressive art-style.

I also hope it doesn't get worse (I'm in ep. 2).
You have a lot to work forward to. Case 2 is easily the weakest one of the bunch.

Top Bottom