• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Almost done with the game! What a crazy ride it's been so far.

Actually, I think I forgot something about case 3.
What caused Hugh to hurt his hand again? I'm drawing a complete blank. @_@

I'd rank the cases like:

Case 3 > Case 5 > Case 1 > Case 4 > Case 2

(Oddly enough, that's close to how I'd rank the games in the main series)

They're all excellent, though.

Edit: Also, where the .gifs at? I guess it'd be harder to make some for this game compared to the previous AA games because of the lack of sprites.

We'd need good screen captures of the game for that. Wait until people have actually beaten the game first before posting GIFs everywhere. =P

t26

Almost done with the game! What a crazy ride it's been so far.

We'd need good screen captures of the game for that. Wait until people have actually beaten the game first before posting GIFs everywhere. =P

He cut his hand opening the envelope of the script

FluxWaveZ

Wait until people have actually beaten the game first before posting GIFs everywhere. =P

Well, obviously, but it'd still be cool if some were already made. I remember GSR or someone else making a few when the demo was released, but those took more effort than the usual sprites do.

Opening booby trapped envelope courtesy of Myriam

R0ckman

Was anyone expecting us to see
Scuttlebutts face
?

I was expecting her to be some geeky ugly looking girl freak. But she was kind of "aawww cute" to me.

spiritfox

Was anyone expecting us to see
Scuttlebutts face
?

I was expecting her to be some geeky ugly looking girl freak. But she was kind of "aawww cute" to me.

I don't think there was a female that was not remotely attractive the entire game. Even the Candice Arme was good looking, despite being dead. Superior Ace Attorney genetics at work.

Shouta

Finished case 2, I really dug the twists and turns in it despite the spoiler opening. Game is shaping up good though but it'll be a hard road to climb to beating AAI2, which is the best game in the franchise IMO.

CorvoSol

I don't think there was a female that was not remotely attractive the entire game. Even the Candice Arme was good looking, despite being dead. Superior Ace Attorney genetics at work.

The truth is that all of the world's beauty was once contained in Wendy Oldbag, but something happened, and it all flowed out from her and into every other woman.

FluxWaveZ

The truth is that all of the world's beauty was once contained in Wendy Oldbag, but something happened, and it all flowed out from her and into every other woman.

Wendy Oldbag should make a reappearance as a beautiful lady, which Edgeworth and Udgey proceed to freak out about.

Lusankya

If not for the DLC all female characters in this game would be extremely good looking.

Frolow

Banned
Finished case 2, I really dug the twists and turns in it despite the spoiler opening. Game is shaping up good though but it'll be a hard road to climb to beating AAI2, which is the best game in the franchise IMO.

Question about AAI2:
I found out that
Zhang Fa's President gets assassinated and that you play as Gregory at some point in the game,
are those big spoilers?

GSR

Edit: Also, where the .gifs at? I guess it'd be harder to make some for this game compared to the previous AA games because of the lack of sprites.

Pretty much. Previous games' sprites were ripped directly from the game data, but you can't really do that with models. And since there's no way to get rid of the textbox, you can't even just get the frames of the animation in-game and mask out the background. The GIFs in the OP are from the flash demo, which basically made the models into sprites.

Pretty much. Previous games' sprites were ripped directly from the game data, but you can't really do that with models. And since there's no way to get rid of the textbox, you can't even just get the frames of the animation in-game and mask out the background. The GIFs in the OP are from the flash demo, which basically made the models into sprites.

So basically, until the 3DS is hacked and allows us to get the animation data and separate it from the game, there is no chance that we can get individual animation GIFs, right?

GSR

So basically, until the 3DS is hacked and allows us to get the animation data and separate it from the game, there is no chance that we can get individual animation GIFs, right?

Pretty much not even then, since I'm guessing Capcom uses some kind of proprietary model/animation setup. We'd basically have to reverse-engineer part of MT Framework Mobile to view animations however we wanted.

Pretty much not even then, since I'm guessing Capcom uses some kind of proprietary model/animation setup. We'd basically have to reverse-engineer part of MT Framework Mobile to view animations however we wanted.

Well, I'm sure people will find a way haha. Maybe not immediately, but games are usually dissected when people have access to its data, so I'm sure it will happen at some point in the future.

Nosgoroth

_________________________[Court Record]

Perhaps we should just ask Capcom nicely?

> Pester Capcom for model data
> Forget about it

Case 4 spoilers (kinda)
Athena became surprisingly dizzy when she's alone with Phoenix doing investigation. Almost as much as Phoenix's aides from previous games... Maybe they also got stuff done when Phoenix wasn't around.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy shit, just met Robin Newman. This is incredible.

EDIT: Also I have to say I had some serious warm feelings going on about Wright literally being regarded as a courtroom legend.

demidar

I'm only part way through Case 5, and I had to sum up all of my willpower to put it down lest the next day be filled with tiredness, but OHMYGAWD THIS SHIT IS CRAZY. My head is spinning and I'm not even in Day 2 yet!

To those who either best or far into the game, is it a long single player campaign so far? Compared to past games?

Also, really like the immersion the 3D graphics bring. The animation is just so amazing.

Wazzy

Banned
Just beginning case 2 but had to stop due to leaving my charger at a friends house. All I want to do is beat the game ;_;

NotLiquid

What disproves that he's looking out for Juniper's best interest?

I have a feeling it'd be the mock trial script because arranging the scene would be what implicates her the most and wouldn't do for a good defense. But other than that I'm fresh out of ideas and would have no idea where to present it anyway, the testimony feels so vague. I feel this is the first time I'm actually stuck on something, or maybe I'm just having a huge brainfart lol.

EDIT: I just discovered it after posting this. Wow I really feel stupid now haha.

Leezard

I have a feeling it'd be the mock trial script because arranging the scene would be what implicates her the most and wouldn't do for a good defense. But other than that I'm fresh out of ideas and would have no idea where to present it anyway, the testimony feels so vague. I feel this is the first time I'm actually stuck on something, or maybe I'm just having a huge brainfart lol.

the tape recorder

Javier

I have a feeling it'd be the mock trial script because arranging the scene would be what implicates her the most and wouldn't do for a good defense. But other than that I'm fresh out of ideas and would have no idea where to present it anyway. I feel this is the first time I'm actually stuck on something lol.
If you present wrong evidence three times in a row you can consult Apollo (or whoever your partner is) and he will tell you which statement is "suspicious", although he won't tell you what to present.

I have a feeling it'd be the mock trial script because arranging the scene would be what implicates her the most and wouldn't do for a good defense. But other than that I'm fresh out of ideas and would have no idea where to present it anyway. I feel this is the first time I'm actually stuck on something lol.

Assuming you're where I think you are, here are some progressively more blatant hints

He says he was trying to help her in the last statement, but one of your pieces of evidence shows that he did something to frame her

Something Hugh told you about that you recently used to prove something else incriminating Means

It's the tape recorder

golly i hope i'm talking about the same part you are, heh

NotLiquid

Assuming you're where I think you are, here are some progressively more blatant hints

He says he was trying to help her in the last statement, but one of your pieces of evidence shows that he did something to frame her

Something Hugh told you about that you recently used to prove something else incriminating Means

It's the tape recorder

golly i hope i'm talking about the same part you are, heh

Yeah it's the same part. Incidentally I just discovered it right after my last post. I feel kind of dumb now, it was pretty obvious looking back at it.

Thanks for the pointers though you guys!

yeah i had a fair bit of trouble with that part and had to consult apollo

when you press the second to last statement apollo says something like "everything sounds good so far" and athena's like "i'm not so sure..." so i thought the game was telling me it was that statement or something before it, heh

that feel of when the low battery light is flashing and you realize its 3 am and you gotta get up at 6:30 for work.

And the tease. why isn't there dlc for hobo phoenix outfit?

R.I.P

Case 3 has been amazing so far, played it up to the end of the second investigation day:
Newman and Scuttlebutt are both hilarious, though I didn't warm up to Ms.Newman until the amazing reveal. At this point it would seem obvious that golden boy is the real killer, but I still have my suspicions about Prof.Mems...

Sorian

Banned
Case 3 has been amazing so far, played it up to the end of the second investigation day:
Newman and Scuttlebutt are both hilarious, though I didn't warm up to Ms.Newman until the amazing reveal. At this point it would seem obvious that golden boy is the real killer, but I still have my suspicions about Prof.Mems...

A Prof. Memes would be way cooler than a Prof. Means. :p

Top Bottom