• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Fabrik

Banned
That's a damn shame. Its very cool and mystical. I bet you hated the shit out of Okami then.

It's also because of the un-melodic traditional music. And I don't like superstitious people. The constant Eeeeeeek! got boring fast.
I didn't like Okami but more because of the boring pacing and annoying companion character than the setting.
Spirited Away is also one of my least favorite Miyazaki movie :p

Vibranium

Banned
I finally finished the game, what a ride, I was grinning ear to ear at everything that happened. To those of you wondering, pay close attention in every case and you'll begin to piece together the mystery of the Dark Age of Law. I'm going to say that AA5 is right next to AA3 as best game in the series for me, I don't care what other people think! :p

Epilogue/Case 5 spoilers below:

Pearl looks so goddamn cute still as a 17 year old, and yay for Maya writing a letter to Nick despite being tied up in training. It looks like she will be in AA6 after her training is done, yay!

"Phantom Fulbright" the asshole spy reminds me of the Chameleon from Spider-Man

Edgeworth's glasses look really cool on him, it's like a homage to Gregory now that he has his new position as Chief Prosecuter. Lol at him chewing out Payne for false evidence in the end haha.

I was so happy with everything, then 3D models and animation is amazing, it should stay around forever. The big thing that could be worked on is the voice acting obviously, I loved the anime cutscenes but the English dubs were rushed and uninspired.

Overall, it was an amazing case 5 for me, Apollo got much-needed development and Athena cemented herself as one of the best characters in AA, she'd better stick around, same with Junie (who hints at her love for Apollo so many times haha).

MechaX

I have been playing all day and man, Case 4 and Case 5 together have been one wild ride, especially in a single sitting.

I'm only up to the Trial of Day 1 of Case 5, but I was definitely not expecting
an explanation to the Black Psyche-Locks here of all places.

Case 5 Trial spoilers and AA4 spoilers

Isn't the explanation of the black locks inconsistent with how they were used in AA4? I mean Gavin was fully aware of his crimes and his jealousy of Wright. Then again, I'm still in the middle of Case 5's trial, so maybe something else happens.

789shadow

Banned

Isn't the explanation of the black locks inconsistent with how they were used in AA4? I mean Gavin was fully aware of his crimes and his jealousy of Wright. Then again, I'm still in the middle of Case 5's trial, so maybe something else happens.
Who's to say we know everything Kristoph did?

Kazerei

Banned
Just finished episode 4. It was a really weak episode in terms of investigating and cross-examining. Rather mundane and not clever. But I love how it
tied into episode 1 and sets up for episode 5. It's gonna be awesome I can feel it.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh, and for people wondering, there is an explanation as to how Phoenix got his badge back so easy despite people still being distrustful in the Dark Age of Law (5-5 spoilers).

Edgey pulled his all-powerful strings for Nick and helped him get back in the game.

I freaking love pretty much all of the characters in this game, lots of great messages about life in this AA. One that hit especially hard to me: school bullying/being an outcast and parent pressure.

PK Gaming

Possible plot hole in case 2?
Couldn't the police analyze just do a DNA analysis L'belle's hair at the scene of the crime? The one that was found at the scene of the crime

Shahadan

Couldn't the police analyze just do a DNA analysis L'belle's hair at the scene of the crime? The one that was found at the scene of the crime

I think your character is the one finding them and the hair was assumed to belong to someone else anyway. Plus the one you're talking about had an alibi.

Shouta

It's not a plot hole. Think about the assumptions of who owns that item it was found in.

Sorian

Banned

Go take a look in the spoiler thread (once you are done) I asked this over there and someone gave a great explanation.

Just finished the game a few hours ago.

I found myself tripping up over some of the logic in the first two cases, but overall I totally enjoyed my time.

I was kind of surprised that (real spoilers)
there wasn't a flashback case that explained the murder from seven years ago like Phoenix's final trial in AA4
, but they did a good job with the alternative setting--
a retrial in a destroyed courtroom

Also a tiny bit disappointed that, cameo-wise,
Klavier and Pearls--and to an extent Trucy--didn't have as much showtime. However they were treated better than Ema in AAI at least : P

Finally, I loved Apollo's development in this game and, hope I'm not weird but,
the introduction of his love interest

PK Gaming

It's not a plot hole. Think about the assumptions of who owns that item it was found in.
Oh yeah.
They wouldn't bother if they assumed the hair belong to the victim.

Still, if a meticulous individual were to
do a DNA test of the hair sample L'belle's alibi crumble right? Plot hole was poor choice of words on my part; I really wanted to imply that if the hair was examined at any point, he'd be completely screwed.

Tizoc

I need help with the Psychology analysis in Case 3 Day 2 Trial
I'm supposed to pinpoint the incorrect emotion for Hugh O'Conner, one of the lines is 'That means I didn't almost lose! My body double did!' but there are no expressive emotions on them. I assume this is the right option but how do I get the game to show the emotions blinking?

I'm supposed to pinpoint the incorrect emotion for Hugh O'Conner, one of the lines is 'That means I didn't almost lose! My body double did!' but there are no expressive emotions on them. I assume this is the right option but how do I get the game to show the emotions blinking?

Focus more on what's not there. You can select an emotion that he doesn't have, but should have.

Cryxok

Actually...
You have to pinpoint that he should be feeling something; the "unexpected emotion" is that he is feeling nothing.

FluxWaveZ

I'm glad that Apollo wasn't thrown out. Hope he is in the next game, if there is one.

I think it's safe to say there'll probably be a sequel given how well the game performed in Japan.

I would also probably want the lawyer trio to remain consistent, at least for the most part. One of the best things about AA5 was the team synergy, how perspectives changed depending on which character the player was controlling as well as other stuff like their individual abilities, their different court tactics and Objection themes.

Sorian

Banned

I don't remember what the correct statement is but I believe you are looking at the incorrect one.

Edit: Don't mind me, nothing to see here folks!

MechaX

I love Myriam, she's so cute underneath the box too. I love it when her laptop fails to boot up after crashing haha.

I didn't even pick up on this until after I was done with the case, but make sure to check exactly what is on the laptop when it falls.

rekameohs

Banned
Case 4:

It's a little creepy to hear them talk about Candice when you know her dead body's just sitting right there in the transport.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I love this game, when you have the investigation stuff, you try to make a possible explanation of all, and then in the trial BAM! unexpected twist and all your theories are destroyed; the only way to discover criminals is by looking at their design and thinking who could have the funniest meltdown at this point...

I'm beginning case 4 by now.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't even pick up on this until after I was done with the case, but make sure to check exactly what is on the laptop when it falls.

Mind just telling us? :D

I love this game, when you have the investigation stuff, you try to make a possible explanation of all, and then in the trial BAM! unexpected twist and all your theories are destroyed; the only way to discover criminals is by looking at their design and thinking who could have the funniest meltdown at this point...

I'm beginning case 4 by now.

This is pretty hilarious actually.

Case 5 - Character specific speculation (third part):
I think Aura is bisexual, she mentions wanting more than friendship from Athena's mom, and wasn't very subtle coming onto Apollo.

I think this is the first character that it is almost confirmed not straight.

Sorian

Banned
I think Aura is bisexual, she mentions wanting more than friendship from Athena's mom, and wasn't very subtle coming onto Apollo.

I'm totally ok with
Apollo x Terran and Aura x Metis. If true, thats probably why Aura was so understanding of Apollo's problems......

I'm totally ok with
Apollo x Terran and Aura x Metis. If true, thats probably why Aura was so understanding of Apollo's problems......

Hmm, that might be too. She was relating to Apollo's helplessness on finding the killer of his best friend, like she felt when she lost Metis.
I think that the way she was always nice to Apollo, and the "tea" sentence felt more like hitting on him.

Sorian

Banned
Hmm, that might be too. She was relating to Apollo's helplessness on finding the killer of his best friend, like she felt when she lost Metis.
I think that the way she was always nice to Apollo, and the "tea" sentence felt more like hitting on him.

Regardless,
cougar

case 5 trial pt. 2 spoilers

wow fuck you too apollo

if wright had a spine he'd just tell apollo that if he doesn't get the fuck out of his courtroom he's fired/not getting anywhere near trucy ever

Vibranium

Banned

That makes perfect sense, when Aura was revealed to have had feelings for Metis I immediately thought of her flirting with Apollo as well. If someone could get an interview with the developers they could probably confirm she's bi. It's nice to see the series getting with the times.

Regardless,
cougar

Apollo is such a baller in this game, an older woman playing the tease with him and Junie literally treating him like he's a romantic god as Phoenix notes lol.

Epilogue spoilers:
Junie notes that she likes "red peppers that shine in the sun" while knitting a heart scarf.

God I hope they don't make Juniper disappear, they need to start hooking some people up already. Apollo obviously cares about her too.

Sorian

Banned
case 5 trial pt. 2 spoilers

wow fuck you too apollo

if wright had a spine he'd just tell apollo that if he doesn't get the fuck out of his courtroom he's fired/not getting anywhere near trucy ever

Whoa buddy, how about you finish up the case? :p

Apollo is such a baller in this game, an older woman playing the tease with him and Junie literally treating him like he's a romantic god as Phoenix notes lol.

It's the demon horns, makes all the girls horny.

Top Bottom