• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

OceanBlue

Holy shit, this out-of-courtroom remix of Apollo's theme THIS IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE I CAN'T HANDLE IT

I've been listening to it for a while now while doing other stuff. It's so good, and it's placed perfectly in the last case
when Apollo says he wants to trust Athena again. I was feeling sentimental. ;_;

Moonlight

Banned
That is a tantalizing as hell black bar. All the more reason to speed towards the end.

Also, the level of self-awareness to this game, oh man.

Apollo: "I don't care if it's totally unrelated to the case or just plain annoying or even embarassing! Just keep presenting evidence without any regard for others! That's the first step to becoming a successful trial lawyer!"

This legit killed me.

Sorian

Banned
That is a tantalizing as hell black bar. All the more reason to speed towards the end.

Apollo: "I don't care if it's totally unrelated to the case or just plain annoying or even embarassing! Just keep presenting evidence without any regard for others! That's the first step to becoming a successful trial lawyer!"

This legit killed me.

The game was easier so I didn't present the wrong evidence often but whenever I did......damn man, some of the best dialogue.

the amount of times they referenced what a shitty lawyer phoenix was and how he bluffed all the time should've stopped being funny ages ago but it just never stops being true

This legit killed me.

I loved it.

I was late to the party when I finally got around to playing the first Ace Attorney game, but as I did, I was thinking, "I can't be the only person who gives everyone everything just to see what they say, can I?"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wasn't there one that was like "Ah, the famous Bluffing Blade," or something? That one was hilarious! XD

Jintor

the amount of times they referenced what a shitty lawyer phoenix was and how he bluffed all the time should've stopped being funny ages ago but it just never stops being true

it's funny because he's simultaneously the reputedly most terrible lawyer ever but also the greatest defence attorney ever

in other words...

it's a contradiction

Sorian

Banned
Wasn't there one that was like "Ah, the famous Bluffing Blade," or something? That one was hilarious! XD

It's even better because the full quote is something along the lines of "Ah, the famous Bluffing Blade, the sharpest sword in all the land" That mad respect :p

Shengar

Still playing older games, but taking a peek on the 2nd case wouldn't hurt.
Well, until I see that
How the fuck they doing it wrong with Trucy?! Phoenix looks right, Apollo is fantastic but Trucy....Holy god what have they done to her?! Her eyes got no soul anymore!

ohlawd

Still playing older games, but taking a peek on the 2nd case wouldn't hurt.
Well, until I see that
How the fuck they doing it wrong with Trucy?! Phoenix looks right, Apollo is fantastic but Trucy....Holy god what have they done to her?! Her eyes got no soul anymore!

Take that shit back.

Trucy's animations for her magic panty countdown, head bop for her "mistakes" and her small hops...... true goddess.

Moonlight

Banned
Take that shit back.

Trucy's animations for her magic panty countdown, head bop for her "mistakes" and her small hops...... true goddess.
The
head bop
is the most magnificent thing.

EDIT:
Kinda wish that we'd see her in more outfits than just the magician one, though.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Just finished the game. Overall a great game, my only gripe (aside from the localization issues):

(Case 5 spoilers)
Taking down the final villain didn't feel nearly as good as in most of the other games. Nailing Prof. Means was probably the best end to a case in this game. Nailing the spy (trying to avoid the name for anyone who clicks on the spoiler by accident) was just so....ordinary. He was also the first suspect I had in mind when the case started in chapter 4, but to be honest, for most of the trials I had someone else in mind.

Also, I found the game to be much easier than usual. Maybe I'm just too used to these games by now.

Oh, and those Thought Routes (or whatever they are called officially) reminded me a lot of how you have to recap everything in Dangan Ronpa, but it's done much better in Ace Attorney. Really enjoyed them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Give me some words to tell me where you are at because there are quite a few spots where the phrase no words would be important :p

All of them. I got to the "to be continued" screen after the first trial. In order:

Edgeworth with glasses.
Wright/Edgeworth showdown - I WAS BORN READY.
Blackquill confession
Discord going UP
Athena confession
Wright's pullback from the brink (I love his head in hand desperate animation)
Logic time!
APOLLO TIME!

Just pitch perfect.

Wazzy

Banned
Phoenix x Iris is the true OTP.

Anyway at the beginning of case 2 and I'm just questioning people right now. I met the
detective and he's pretty funny. Athena is just fucking with him and it's great

I'm loving this game so far.

jasonng

I just started case 4 and the time jump between episodes is confusing the heck out of me. Can someone put the episodes in chronological order up til case 4 for me? It seems to me that it's
2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 1
but that wouldn't make sense since episode 1 was her first attempt to be lead defense.

Top Bottom