• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Athena is fun. It took a little time for her to grow on me, but she's a welcome addition to the team. :)

Robin is still the best (new) character in the game so far, though.

Still not sure how I feel about
Prosecutor Blackquill
though.

Jintor

I can only assume that Case 4
being significantly shorter than the other cases is just giving Case 5 some fucking windup time to absolutely annihilate me

Confirm/deny?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I can only assume that Case 4
being significantly shorter than the other cases is just giving Case 5 some fucking windup time to absolutely annihilate me

Confirm/deny?

Trials and Tribulations style.

"We'll see who's the dotard after I trounce you with my years of experience, little boy!"

Always good when the defense stands up to the prosecution in this series.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
These black bars are killin' me. Damn weekend responsibilities taking away from my attorney-ing time.

tumblr_inline_mpr13lvQMl1qz4rgp.png

nSPr7XV.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am dying to know whether Maya will appear on this game or not but at the same time I don't want to be spoiled ;______________________________;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznMi0VqOBY

You can hear it in the Costume Selection menu.

It's the kind of tune that makes me imagine the world map in a JRPG before you head into the final dungeon.

Athena looks like Nanoha so it's my job to love her.

Also her surprised face when she has her fingers on her face (while talking normally, not the defense desk one) - too cute, man.

I like how she wipes the sweat off her face when she's doing the -_- look.

AniHawk

good god case 1 was fucking long. i'm hoping that there's less tutorial stuff in case 2 onward. i felt that really bloated out the playtime.

still, it's great to be back in the game, and as phoenix. nothing against apollo or edgeworth, but this is what i paid money for. and man, i'm getting nostalgic for eight years ago, back in my gamestop days where it would be just my manager and me in the store pointing at each other and yelling 'objection!' (and this was before the first game ever came out, but we were both looking forward to it- although he got more into the series than i did).

ah, memories. feels weird to get nostalgic over my 20s when i'm still in my 20s.

Tizoc

Having just finished Case 3
Disappointed that Prof. T didn't have an OBJECTION voice over, would've been awesome if he yelled 'OBJECTION, FOOL!'.
His chalkboard writings were hilarious and I liked the criminal/punk mohawk look.
'Everybody fails except me', had me rolling

Starting Case 4 tonight but overall this is becoming my fav. Gyakuten Saiban game.

CorvoSol

Just got to the first trial in Case 5.

Phoenix mentioned Maya by name.

PEARL is here.

EDGEWORTH IS HERE.

GODOT'S THEME IS PLAYING IN EDGEWORTH'S OFFICE

BLACK FUCKING PSYCHE LOCKS

I literally could not stop crying tears of joy during
Nick's reunion with Pearls.

I love this case and this game and these people.

Frolow

Banned

PEARL is here.

EDGEWORTH IS HERE.

Godot's theme? Where was that?

Jintor

Still in Case 5 Investigation 1, but

PEAAAAAAAAAAAAARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS OH MY GOD YOU'RE LIKE 17 THAT MEANS MAYA IS LIKE 23 OR 24 WAAAAAAAAAH

dumbyugi

Still in Case 5 Investigation 1, but

PEAAAAAAAAAAAAARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS OH MY GOD YOU'RE LIKE 17 THAT MEANS MAYA IS LIKE 23 OR 24 WAAAAAAAAAH

It's been 8 years since T&T, where Maya was 19, so she should be around 27, not 23/24.

Alfredo

Having finished the game now, I eagerly anticipate the DLC case.

Then after that... Ace Attorney x Professor Layton! ...but it's gonna be weird going from the amazing character models of AA5 to the lesser-looking ones of AAxPL.

kiryogi

Banned
Having finished the game now, I eagerly anticipate the DLC case.

Then after that... Ace Attorney x Professor Layton! ...but it's gonna be weird going from the amazing character models of AA5 to the lesser-looking ones of AAxPL.

It's going to be weird going to a lesser game period D:

Jintor

Case 5 Trial 1 (early)

So not only are Phoenix and Edgeworth still good friends and in contact and whatever, they're going to Trucy's magic shows together.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan all those fanfic writers are totally right

PEARL is here.

EDGEWORTH IS HERE.

I swear to god I'm watching clone Ryouga play AA5. My exact reactions from back in July. Hahahahaha.

Jintor

Case 5 Trial 1

It's a bit presumpteous of Edgey to lecture Phoenix on the stupidity of believing in his client even when they're ready to confess when, if I recall correctly, Edgeworth was convinced that he had shot his own father as a child.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Case 3 trial 1, goddamn.

It's crazy that PW games always have so many twists and turns and I rarely see them coming.
Robin being a girl, and the entire emotional sequence leading up to it was amazing.

Lusankya

Case 3 trial 1, goddamn.

It's crazy that PW games always have so many twists and turns and I rarely see them coming.
Robin being a girl, and the entire emotional sequence leading up to it was amazing.

"I SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE OWNED
THAT COSTUME
!"

I like this character so much.

R.I.P

AHHAHAHAH I KNEW IT!!!!
Case 3 spoilers:
I suspected Means being the real killer from the beginning, just because of his freakish face. The reveal was still amazing and I loved his transformation, plus the classroom antics made me lol and his meltdown was one of the funniest in the series. Hugh also redeemed himself as a pretty cool character, his desperate attempt to protect Junie was quite emotional. The foreshadowing on Athena's past was interesting when she had the breakdown in court, can't wait see what the history between her and Blackquill is.

The AAI team finally broke the curse of the third case being the weakest one, this was easily the best case so far in the game and imo one of the best cases in the whole series.

Lusankya

AHHAHAHAH I KNEW IT!!!!
The AAI team finally broke the curse of the third case being the weakest one, this was easily the best case so far in the game and imo one of the best cases in the whole series.

They already did so with AAI2-3, which is even better than 5-3.

NotLiquid

Wow. Case 4 premise spoilers.
I thought this would be the 3-4 of the game with the first day of trial being a prequel to the first case, as well as a prequel of the end, but then all of a sudden the investigation/trial continues the second day right AFTER the first case? Holy shit, that means I have something completely different to look forward to the next case.

Top Bottom