• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Jintor

ASDbbgnlasmnjdaskdnasipnbwkaipnfna ndkiasn daol[mjlmnj eipnhrakipnh aipj

nhkipasnzdiopasndkpa sndkipasdnj as

no way

nooooooo freaaaaaaaaaakingggggg waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

karma-break(b).gif

Artemisia

Banned
EARLY Case 5 investigation question

I'm so confused. Why would the bomber place the bombs in launch pad 2 (where the space museum used to be and launch pad 1 was moved to)? Doesn't he want to bomb the actual rocket and not the replica?

Jintor

EARLY Case 5 investigation question

I'm so confused. Why would the bomber place the bombs in launch pad 2 (where the space museum used to be and launch pad 1 was moved to)? Doesn't he want to bomb the actual rocket and not the replica?

You're mistaken. The bomb was always on the actual rocket.

Lusankya

Yeah, would be nice if I could play it in English :/
Fucking Capcpom

You can watch dowolf's translated playthrough on youtube (he really translated everything, because he presses every statement, speaks with every person and invetsigates every single area) or try the fan patch for the first two cases.

Case 2 Trial 2

Oh wow I totally did not see that twist coming.
The Amazing Nine-Tails is the Mayor.

Also, breaking L'Belle's first testimony was hilarious.
My eyes. My beautiful eyes.

I feel so behind everyone else.

BlackJace

Case 2 Trial 2

Oh wow I totally did not see that twist coming.
The Amazing Nine-Tails is the Mayor.

Also, breaking L'Belle's first testimony was hilarious.
My eyes. My beautiful eyes.

I feel so behind everyone else.

Nah dude, I just started Case 3, I'm way behind as well haha.

All these mindblown spoiler posts are making me giddy with anticipation.

tuffy

Through the end of case 3, day 1
and I'll be surprised if Means isn't the killer due to his outrageous design and obvious philosophical differences with the victim
but I'm a long way from proving how.

I like the streamlined investigation portions with less pixel hunting and less wondering what I have to present to who in order to move things forward. I've also got to admit that, mechanically, I prefer Apollo's lie detecting bracelet over Athena's mood necklace. I like her character, though, and I hope she sticks around. That scene in the case 3, day 1 trial
when you press at the wrong time and everyone accuses her of hitting on Hugh was hilarious.

Artemisia

Banned
I feel like I'm getting closer to that part in case 5, and it seems like they've been good about keeping it from being obvious.

Why did I have to be spoiled... 😭

demidar

(Case 5 early trial 1 stuff)
Maybe it's just me, but Edgeworth's animations were a bit... rushed? The smoothness of his arrogant head-shaking conflicts with my memory of 2D Edgeworth's 3 frame head-shaking animation.

NotLiquid

Case 4, wrapped up investigation and going into Trial 2.

I have this strange, nagging feeling that Aura is going to be the defendant for the next case.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Finished today. My God, great experience. And, seriously, at THAT point of Case 5 I yelled "NO!" to the screen for around 10 times. I couldn't believe it :lol :lol

McNum

I think the best part of watching Jintor react is that, yes, every outburst does come from a major revelation. The fun part is guessing which one.

R.I.P

You can watch dowolf's translated playthrough on youtube (he really translated everything, because he presses every statement, speaks with every person and invetsigates every single area) or try the fan patch for the first two cases.

Waiting for the finished fan translation. I'll rather play the game myself, even if the playthrough is of high quality.

Fey

Banned
Omggg wtffffff I decided to play 5-10 minutes of this before I headed off to school, and had to end literally RIGHT AFTER you find out [case 4 trial 2]
Athena's prints are on the bloody lighter
!!

What on earth??

daydream

Banned
Case 3 done!

The case itself was not that well thought out, it was all over the place at times, especially at the end. The whole "body disguised as a statue" didn't really convince me. And some of the fake confessions weren't really motivated, I thought.

Again, though, I had a great time. You basically know who the killer is after the kid testifies that Prof. Means wasn't there during the opening speech. But I never suspected him before that, mainly because of the enigmatic intro (for the longest time I was expecting a 'Murder on the Orient Express'-style twist of "everybody did it!") and me thinking that he was with Phoenix the whole time.

Anyway, the characters and the writing carry this one. My favourite moment might be Blackquill leaving for a stroll when Athena rolls back the tape. Animations and soundtrack continue to be absolutely amazing, goddamn.

Also, Blackquill is climbing his way to my prosecutor top 3, he may actually be no. 2 after Edgeworth.

My first thought when I started Case 4:
Cosmic Turnabout sounds amazing!

zruben

Banned
I usually devour the Ace Attorney games and finish them in a couple of days... and this time, I was determined to take it slow, to make the game last at least a couple of weeks...

I'm just starting case 2, but now... all of your reactions and the huge wall of spoiler texts is tempting me to hurry up :(

Tohsaka

Finished the game last night, I really enjoyed it. The new characters are all really likable, and I loved the animations. Moving to 3D really was for the best. Hopefully we get the DLC case soon.

Frolow

Banned
Started Case 4 a short while ago. Seriously though, as much as I'm enjoying the game so far, I wish this
PHOENIX WRIGHT:ACE ATTORNEY game would feature more PHOENIX WRIGHT for fucks sake. As much as I find both Apollo and Cykes to be decent characters, I'm growing tired of them hogging the spotlight for so long. We only saw Wright for the first short case, after which he was practically non-existent for the following two and now I'm playing as Apollo "Big Boss" Justice again.

You play as Phoenix for the rest of the game after Case 4's Trial if that makes you happy.

FluxWaveZ

Started Case 4 a short while ago. Seriously though, as much as I'm enjoying the game so far, I wish this
PHOENIX WRIGHT:ACE ATTORNEY game would feature more PHOENIX WRIGHT for fucks sake.

Absolutely, completely disagree. He had his spotlight in the first trilogy.
The game has a perfect balance of playing as Phoenix Wright and as the other attorneys of the Wright Anything Agency. I don't care that his name is part of the game's title; now it's more a story of the whole group and not just him anymore. Focus too much on Wright and we get AA4 all over again.

Top Bottom