• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

FluxWaveZ

at least we have AAvPL to look forward to, right???

...right?

for whatever reason i just can't get excited about it

I was anticipating it before AA5 was released, but now I would have preferred it if it was released before AA5 because there's no way it will be able to match its quality. I'll still get it since it's more AA, though.

I was anticipating it before AA5 was released, but now I would have preferred it if it was released before AA5 because there's no way it will be able to match its quality. I'll still get it since it's more AA, though.

weird how the takumi-less AA ends up being much more anticipated than the one with takumi on it

A TURNABOUT EVEN

Frolow

Banned
Anyone have footage of the Japanese Quiz DLC? Wanted to see what that looks like and I can't seem to find anything on Youtube.

Frolow

Banned
Whether we get that game or not is a different story.........

AA5 sold very well in Japan from what I remember. So unless Capcom doesn't like money then AA6 is a no brainer.
I heavily doubt that AA6 will continue with AA5's ending, at least directly. END SPOILERS:
The case of the phantom is completely done with, is what I believe.
They still have to answer who exactly tried to kill The Phantom and who he was working for. Those are some huge plot-points that I doubt they would leave unresolved in AA6.

t26

AA5 sold very well in Japan from what I remember. So unless Capcom doesn't like money then AA6 is a no brainer.

They still have to answer who exactly tried to kill The Phantom and who he was working for. Those are some huge plot-points that I doubt they would leave unresolved in AA6.

No they don't
it is just random cooperation/government that wants him dead

DaBoss

Does anyone find the fact that the evidence writing jarring because it is blurry on the top screen, but when it moves to the bottom screen it becomes clear. I realize why it happens, but it is pretty jarring.

Shengar

Trucy rocks. You guys are just haters.

Hating her is fine, but calling her trash is just plain meanie
trucy-sad(a).gif

MechaX

I dunno, the Phantom himself said that a lot of people wanted him dead. Although, I guess they can follow up on how and why a sniper would miss all of his vitals (or even how deep this kind of corruption and espionage runs in the legal system/police force). But that's not a huge plot point.

What is a huge unresolved plot-point is Thanassa and Apollo/Trucy's true relationship, which may be handled in a Misty Fey kind of fashion in a random case.

Frolow

Banned
I dunno, the Phantom himself said that a lot of people wanted him dead. Although, I guess they can follow up on how and why a sniper would miss all of his vitals (or even how deep this kind of corruption and espionage runs in the legal system/police force). But that's not a huge plot point.

What is a huge unresolved plot-point is Thanassa and Apollo/Trucy's true relationship, which may be handled in a Misty Fey kind of fashion in a random case.
I don't think Apollo/Trucy's relationship is that big of an unresolved plot point since they can easily bring it up at any time and complete that storyline.

My big issue with how they handled AJ's plot is that they didn't mention the Jurist system at all. Even so much as saying that it never took off would have sufficed instead of flat out not acknowledging it.

bonercop

Speaking of this plotpoint:I reaalllllllllllyyyyy don't care for it. I'm so glad they just pretended like all that bullshit was never revealed. I hope they never address it ever, and it just becomes a fanbase joke or something.
My big issue with how they handled AJ's plot is that they didn't mention the Jurist system at all. Even so much as saying that it never took off would have sufficed instead of flat out not acknowledging it.

This too, I'm glad they didn't bring up.

Man, I just really don't like AJ's plot.

Frolow

Banned
Speaking of this plotpoint:I reaalllllllllllyyyyy don't care for it. I'm so glad they just pretended like all that bullshit was never revealed. I hope they never address it ever, and it just becomes a fanbase joke or something.

This too, I'm glad they didn't bring up.

Man, I just really don't like AJ's plot.

Even if you don't like some of the stories they still happened. And unless Capcom outright Retcons aspects of the plot, which would be completely unnecessary, then they should still be addressed.

Muzy72

Banned
I've only gotten to case 3 but I have something important to ask to those who beat the game:

I know Edgeworth is in the game, but does he play an important role in the game or is he just a quick cameo like apparently Pearly is?

NotLiquid

I've only gotten to case 3 but I have something important to ask to those who beat the game:

I know Edgeworth is in the game, but does he play an important role in the game or is he just a quick cameo like apparently Pearly is?

He's important.

GSR

I don't see why it has to be a whole arc. I'm just fine with stand-alone cases that don't involve an encompassing, large narrative.

Someone suggested DLC where you play as CASE 3:
Hugh, the prosecutor is Robin and the judge is Juniper
. DLC would provide a neat opportunity to create "unimportant" cases like that.

I've heard bad things third hand.

I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's got its issues, and the animations/models are nowhere near AA5's.

Young Magus

Wraped up the extra case for AA 1, bout to start AJ soonish.

How long is AJ, heard that its shorter then other games. Also how long till the DLC stops being free?

CrazyDude

I'll look into it. I might not get it if it's too expensive for the amount of content.

It'll be around 5 dollars going by Japanese price. I've heard it's a normal case length.

Considering there are 5 cases in the regular game for 30 dollars, it would be 6 dollars a case. Which makes this a dollar cheaper than a regular case.

Omikaru

Aaaand I'm done. That was one hell of a ride, especially that last case. Shiiiiiiit. I guess I'll see some of you in the spoiler thread...

Top Bottom