• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

I was just going to finish case 4 last night and go to bed but it said "End" where I assumed it would say "To Be Continued."

I literally screamed "Oh, fuck you" and finished the game instead. How was I suppose to go to sleep after they dropped the bomb like that?

Yeah, you need to buy that 3DS soon. People are rating this their favorite after AA3. I have to replay AA3 as a refresher but as it stands, this is my favorite AA game.

Oh wow... that's good news. It's been a long time since I beat these games, I don't remember what AA3 was. It was the one where the prosecutor was the guy with the cyclops-looking mask right? I just remember the original being my favorite, mainly because of the music.. like the main theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWwhIjYBan0

how's the music in this one?

I'm gonna order the 3DS form amazon right now, random question--- should I get the regular or XL? Haven't kept up with any info, is the XL a big improvement?

its interesting how much effort the localization is for this. tons of environments redone for english text. This really is something that could only be done through a in house localization without huge hassles.

DaBoss

Case 5 MAJOR SPOILERS:
Holy shit, I did not see the robots rebelling was a thing that was actually going to happen.

EDIT: Oh wow, now it makes sense.

artjhoiasrutgaoskeld;sgj;lkjsadg;la

IT'S HIM!!!!

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! The place they're holding that retrial is amazing. So fitting. It's perfect.

pariah164

SPOILER MARK THAT PIC DAMMIT.

Also, haven't continued in a few days because I'm already on case 5 and don't want it to end. Any news on the DLC case?

DaBoss

Case 5 Trial SPOILERS:
The Edgeworth-Phoenix duo is too good. An example of that would be Edgeworth saying "Why not?" to Phoenix calling Ponco to the stand.

That dismantling shit is pretty dark for an Ace Attorney game.

Let me not get banned.

ibyXkEwpKqI7kB.gif

My god.... who is this beautiful woman?

Final villain Case 5 Spoilers

I'm still laughing at myself because I genuinely thought
Solomon Starbuck was the killer when the phantom takes the Fulbright mask off. I stood up in shock and paced around for a bit before getting back to the game. Little did I know that it was just another disguise.
Oh good, I thought I was the only one who did that.
My god.... who is this beautiful woman?
Ke$ha, after one of her rare showers.

Moonlight

Banned
...okay, it took me a long moment to orient myself properly with Case 3. Was confused as hell when Apollo
had the bandage over his eye (sans rad jacket)
and they were talking about Candice Arme
like no one knew who she was

And holy shit, Blackquill
busting his shackles
from the get-go. Guess he's not playing around anymore.

L00P

I just finished case three. I kinda feel sorry for Juniper. I think I'll lose my shit and murder somebody if I had friends like those. And I kinda don't get why Robin kept THAT a secret. Like, what's the point? Or did I miss something?

DaBoss

Case 5 Major SPOILERS!!!!

oapjtopiajdgpkdasj;lfjadjWTFoajdsgoiajdsfogajdf

WHAT THE FUCK...HOW DID...WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? IT WAS HIM???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What a twist...

Moonlight

Banned
HOLY FUCK DAT CASE 3
-CASE 1
CONNECTION

(also, forgot to mention, but pre-trial with
Apollo and Juniper was amazing. The lotus root callback (call forward?) was the best.
)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn I can't believe I almost skipped this. The visuals, music and writing is all top-shelf material so far. And it can only get better. I should have listened to GAF earlier, and eschewed the CR reception. Doesn't jive with my impressions at all. I love Athena, and she's far from a Mary Sue

NotLiquid

I just finished case three. I kinda feel sorry for Juniper. I think I'll lose my shit and murder somebody if I had friends like those. And I kinda don't get why Robin kept THAT a secret. Like, what's the point? Or did I miss something?

She was being held to such high expectations by her parents to the point that she was too afraid to actually be open about herself and her actual interests in school, so she pretended to be a man in order to make that facade more "believable". Might also be the Ace Attorney writers criticizing the prevalence of sexism in job environments.

Leezard

She was being held to such high expectations by her parents to the point that she was too afraid to actually be open about herself and her actual interests in school, so she pretended to be a man in order to make that facade more "believable". Might also be the Ace Attorney writers criticizing the prevalence of sexism in job environments.

In addition to this, she said she was raised as a boy.

rekameohs

Banned
Man, the emotions in Case 5, Trial Day 1 are some of the strongest in the series. Some really crazy stuff going down.

I'm also seeing some evidence of that M rating here.

Drago

Does anyone know how it did sales wise?

I'm praying for AA6. ;_;
Apparently the game sold more in one day than digital Pokémon X and Y did in 12 days (separate, combined Pokémon likely did more). This outcome was in every region too I think.

Though we don't know how Pokémon did digitally, so for all we know it could either be a great sign or a bad sign.

DaBoss

Case 5 Final Villain? Spoilers

I don't know what's going on anymore.

Is it him or not? Blackquill trusts him...

EDIT: WHAT A TWIST!!!!!111

Guess Who

Banned
Case 5 Trial SPOILERS:
That dismantling shit is pretty dark for an Ace Attorney game.

I was personally kind of hoping she was actually guilty. The whole plot that she was used like a lab rat and killed her mom for revenge, and the whole twisted creepy I'LL PUT MAMA BACK TOGETHER AGAIN stuff was really well done.

Parablank

I was personally kind of hoping she was actually guilty. The whole plot that she was used like a lab rat and killed her mom for revenge, and the whole twisted creepy I'LL PUT MAMA BACK TOGETHER AGAIN stuff was really well done.

yeah, the moment I saw that she was going to be prosecuted I knew that she wasn't guilty. It seems pretty common that you have to defend your partner in AA (ema, maya). It'd be a nice twist if she was actually guilty

Fey

Banned
yeah, the moment I saw that she was going to be prosecuted I knew that she wasn't guilty. It seems pretty common that you have to defend your partner in AA (ema, maya). It'd be a nice twist if she was actually guilty

[case 5 and previous games]
I'm expecting it to be done eventually tbh We've seen the prosecutor, defense (kinda with Kristoph I guess), and now the detective be the killers. Now it's the assistant and judge that are left *O*

Nosgoroth

Hey. HEY. Each case has subchapters. You can start a replay at any of these. There are a LOT.
12, 27, 24, 12, 16. Total 91.
That's a LOT of granularity.

This is HUGE for me.

DaBoss

Case 5 MEGA SPOILER REVEAL:

I THOUGHT IT WAS HIM THE WHOLE TIME UP UNTIL FULBRIGHT WAS BEING SUSPICIOUS, BUT HOLY FUCK DID I NOT EXPECT THAT....

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK!!!

HE'S GONNA REMOVE A MASK AGAIN!

EDIT2:

HOW THE FUCK?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! A PHONY PHOENIX NOW?!?!?!

This case has it all.

EDIT3:

AND NOW THAT PERSON'S REASONING IS INSANE...holy shit............

Moonlight

Banned
holy fuck YURI COSMOS

oh my god

OH MY GOD

I LOVE HIM

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM

OH MY GOD

galactic scooter oh my god

ARE YOU BY CHANCE THE SPACE POLICE?

EDIT:

ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL! TO YOUR BREAK STATIONS! PREPARE FOR BREAK!

My sides have left orbit.

NotLiquid

holy fuck YURI COSMOS

oh my god

OH MY GOD

I LOVE HIM

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM

OH MY GOD

galactic scooter oh my god

ARE YOU BY CHANCE THE SPACE POLICE?

EDIT:

ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL! TO YOUR BREAK STATIONS! PREPARE FOR BREAK!

My sides have left orbit.

Yuri Cosmos is probably my favorite new male character in the game.

Case 4 Spoilers
I actually expected him to be the killer at first but honestly despite all his blatant lies I couldn't help but feel sorry for him when he was defeated and it turns out he only did the cover-up because it was the only thing he could do to protect his crew. What a tragic, honorable man. I couldn't bear to see him without his stars ;_;

Nosgoroth

Yuri Cosmos is probably my favorite new male character in the game.

Case 4 Spoilers
I actually expected him to be the killer at first but honestly despite all his blatant lies I couldn't help but feel sorry for him when he was defeated and it turns out he only did the cover-up because it was the only thing he could do to protect his crew. What a tragic, honorable man. I couldn't bear to see him without his stars ;_;

(End spoilers)
I felt bad that he got demoted to vice president, he didn't deserve that. He looked chipper, though, so there's that.

Top Bottom