• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

The game isn't as tricky as the previous ones. I don't THINK there was anything like the "Who did it?"/"What's the evidence?" stuff happening, either, no.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I mean I don't need it EASY, just logical, and smooth to get through. I like getting a bit hung up once in a while.

I actually haven't really got the money for buying a 3ds for this game alone.

Would it hurt the experience much by youtubing a complete walkthrough for this game, being a visual novel?

Jintor

I actually haven't really got the money for buying a 3ds for this game alone.

Would it hurt the experience much by youtubing a complete walkthrough for this game, being a visual novel?

I always think it does, since a lot of the tension is in you being able to figure stuff out yourself. I guess if you paused it or whatever while you were trying to guess stuff it'd be... comparable... but really, why rob yourself of that experience?

demidar

They really should turn it around, stop giving such 'hard cases for the lawyers'. Give a case that is seemingly a easy defense, but the genius prosecutor thinks outside of the box forcing you into a corner.

It is a bit disappointing that the prosecutors rarely get to show off their genius stuff when most cases already have everything served to them on a platter (too bad the defense are just super good at bullshitting and the judge is easily impressionable :p).

I want to play a game where you're the prosecutor with your own counsel, and it takes place in court not just "around" like Investigations.

i game overed in case 1. Sometimes things just don't 'click' lol.

Also something to note, while the game does tell you when you done all you can with a person during investigations, there are still quite often a handful of evidence to present that gives you unique dialogue that helps flesh stuff out, yet isn't needed.

FluxWaveZ

I want to play a game where you're the prosecutor with your own counsel, and it takes place in court not just "around" like Investigations.

This is what I would have wanted for at least one case in Investigations.

At least AA5 (CASE 3 Spoilers)
lets us play as a judge (kinda).

Jintor

So out of curiosity, did anyone ever catch onto what the game's title ("Dual Destinies") actually referred to?

I assume it's
Athena and Simon, since their case plays out simultaneously

I'm checking tvtropes... apparently there's some non-standard game overs that occur if you fuck up in certain trials. 2spooky.

There's at least four ways to fuck up real badly in Case 5. Reaaaaaal badly

R.I.P

Need a prosecution team next time around. Seeing only one guy on the bench vs Team Wright is kinda sad.

Even if he does get a totally badass hawk

Bring Robin around to assist!

Oh god, I want to see the Payne brothers working (and failing) together in the first case of AA6 :p

FluxWaveZ

It kinda bummed me out when I tried that DLC outfit on in the beginning of the case yet Athena still has the internal monologue that the students are staring at her because she's not wearing a school uniform.

Dawg

I didn't really like the first two cases. Cases 3, 4, and 5 are much better.

My only problem with Case 1
was the fact everything was so obvious. I'm going to guess it was more of a tutorial for new players. Looking forward to more difficult stuff and plot twists :p

Fey

Banned
My only problem with Case 1
was the fact everything was so obvious. I'm going to guess it was more of a tutorial for new players. Looking forward to more difficult stuff and plot twists :p

Yeah,
I was expecting at least one big twist to make it more interesting. I mean, I guess there was the bomb threat, but in the end, it was just the bomber who did it all, as was expected. Case 1 was definitely made for beginners.

Damn it I really want to play this!! Getting so anxious by reading everyone's reactions.

but...

1. Busy as fuck with work and GMATs
2. 3DS XL = $200... is it worth it for 1 game? I really don't care about anything else on it
3. I heard there will be sales for thanksgiving and christmas... thinking if I should wait? But I'm too anxious to play

I wish the 3DS had more 2D games in it like Gunstar Superheroes, Kirby Superstar and Megaman ZX... those types of games are my favorite... but too bad most 3DS games are going the 3D route when they could have shined as solid 2D games

9BR

Neo Member
Just started case 3. I hate to admit this but this game seems a little too easy and boring at parts, I'm still a huge fan so I'll play anything Ace Attorney anyway but y'know.. I'm just a little disappointed here. :(
Blackquill looks cool, yes, but as a prosecutor he is freaking ridiculous. It feels like they tried too hard to make him seem cool. Then again, it' Ace Attorney.
HOWEVER, it's still exciting to see everything running on a whole new engine, and the presentation overall is top, even though I really miss my 2D graphics. :(

I'm just a storm of feels right now. I'll stick around and hope AA5 redeems itself.

Dawg

Damn it I really want to play this!! Getting so anxious by reading everyone's reactions.

but...

1. Busy as fuck with work and GMATs
2. 3DS XL = $200... is it worth it for 1 game? I really don't care about anything else on it
3. I heard there will be sales for thanksgiving and christmas... thinking if I should wait? But I'm too anxious to play

I wish the 3DS had more 2D games in it like Gunstar Superheroes, Kirby Superstar and Megaman ZX... those types of games are my favorite... but too bad most 3DS games are going the 3D route when they could have shined as solid 2D games

Why not get the cheaper 2DS?

yami4ct

Just started case 3. I hate to admit this but this game seems a little too easy and boring at parts, I'm still a huge fan so I'll play anything Ace Attorney anyway but y'know.. I'm just a little disappointed here. :(
Blackquill looks cool, yes, but as a prosecutor he is freaking ridiculous. It feels like they tried too hard to make him seem cool. Then again, it' Ace Attorney.
HOWEVER, it's still exciting to see everything running on a whole new engine, and the presentation overall is top, even though I really miss my 2D graphics. :(

I'm just a storm of feels right now. I'll stick around and hope AA5 redeems itself.

I don't know. The problem with Ace Attorney is that to make it "challenging" means making clues hidden in dumb places or making the logic really obscure and not obvious. It's a real balancing act. In the end, it's more about writing a good mystery story than making it a difficult case for the player to solve. I think that's really the best outcome.

I could go without them revealing the killer in the opening case scene. It's always dumb when they do that.

PK Gaming

It kinda bummed me out when I tried that DLC outfit on in the beginning of the case yet Athena still has the internal monologue that the students are staring at her because she's not wearing a school uniform.

Me too.

I used Apollo and Athena's DLC outfits during the first investigation of case 3. I felt like that was the only time where the outfits were applicable.

Is it me, or does the game do a really good job at making you feel sorry for the victims? I just started case 4... Poor
Apollo...

yami4ct

You mean this happens every case? I thought it would only be case 1.

It's case 1 and 2. Revealing it in Case 1 is dumb, but makes sense given the tutorial nature of it. In Case 2 it was completely unnecessary and made the case worse.

Dawg

They do it in case 2 as well. The contents of the actual murder are all topsy turvy as per usual, but still. Case 3's is different in a way, and I haven't gotten to case 4 or 5 yet.

It's only case 1 and 2, thankfully.

It's case 1 and 2. Revealing it in Case 1 is dumb, but makes sense given the tutorial nature of it. In Case 2 it was completely unnecessary and made the case worse.

Thank god :p

R.I.P

Case 4 Investigation:
Finally a psyche-lock! the remixed music is really good, too.
I like the new characters introduced, Cosmos theme is amazing, and Aura...she's just awesome <3 It was nice to hear more about Apollo's backstory as well, was quite an emotional scene.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Eh, its somewhat tradition that the first two cases show off the killers, they tend to do it every game. I think 2-2 may be the only exception, in that while heavily implied they don't flat out say "X is the killer"

Actually, looking though the intros, maybe I'm just wrong about that. 3-1 doesn't show the killer, 3-2 doesn't even show a murder, 4-1 and 4-2 never clearly show the killer. So I guess its just something the first two games did.

Clockwork5

I want to play this series on my 3ds. I have heard that the DS titles required the player to blow in the Mic. But I am also aware that this tends to not work so well when playing DS titles on a 3DS. Does anyone know if I would be able to complete the previous titles on the 3DS?

Frolow

Banned
I want to play this series on my 3ds. I have heard that the DS titles required the player to blow in the Mic. But I am also aware that this tends to not work so well when playing DS titles on a 3DS. Does anyone know if I would be able to complete the previous titles on the 3DS?

I completed all the games on a 3DS XL. It works fine.

The only time that I remember that you have to do it is in AA4 (second case) and the last case of AA1.

It should work just fine. It's not used as much as you think.

Top Bottom