• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Random not really a spoiler detail about the case 4 defendant design I just noticed:
Dude's head even looks like a damn rocket when he looks at your straight on. Might be obvious but it was a mini mind blow for me.

I knew it was supposed to resemble SOMETHING, but I didn't figure it out till the same moment you mentioned.

On that note.

I don't know why I clicked this thread, I haven't read anything about this game or any earlier pages, but this post reminded me.

I've downloaded this game but have yet to play it. Are there any really tricky parts like this, or is it mostly presenting evidence?

Like I think there was one part in a game where they were like "who could've done this" and you had to present a person and then they asked "what piece of evidence relates to that person" and you had to present evidence and it was just terrible trying to come up with exactly what they wanted from so many possible combinations.

Anything like that?

I think there's two occasions where that sort of thing happens.

daripad

lol I just confused the threads and got into the spoiler one. I didn't have anything spoiled though, I'm very lucky. btw this is what I wantes to say:

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!!!!

Case 4 HUGE spoilers
Athena's fingerprints? WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK?

scuttlebutt might be the first time i've ever had the '3d popping in the face' effect happen on a 3ds game (maybe there was some in 3d land, don't remember) when she rages lol.

i think this game might have permanently damaged my eyes because i play it at 100% 3D for hours at a time.

Do you ever get to play as
phoenix
again after the first case?

It's case 1 and 2. Revealing it in Case 1 is dumb, but makes sense given the tutorial nature of it. In Case 2 it was completely unnecessary and made the case worse.
Every time they show the killer in the opening, it's a case where any remotely intelligent player (especially one who had played all of the previous games) would have figured out that they were the killer the first time they see them even without being told right off the bat. 5-2 is no exception.

Hell, even when they don't explicitly tell you who they are the true perp is pretty obvious most of the time- the interesting part of the story is usually how they did it, or how the characters figure out how they did it.

rekameohs

Banned
If they didn't reveal the killer in the intro to Case 2, meeting them for the first time would've absolutely given it away anyways. Same with 1-2.

If they didn't reveal the killer in the intro to Case 2, meeting them for the first time would've absolutely given it away anyways. Same with 1-2.

Not necessarily. I mean, he was pretty shady, I'll give you that. But there have been instances in the past when a character is suspicious because of something else they did, not necessarily the killing in itself.

A prime example of this is AA2 case 2
Ini Miney trying to hide her identity. I mean, she was the killer, but I didn't suspect her at the time.

rekameohs

Banned
Not necessarily. I mean, he was pretty shady, I'll give you that. But there have been instances in the past when a character is suspicious because of something else they did, not necessarily the killing in itself.

A prime example of this is AA2 case 2
Ini Miney trying to hide her identity. I mean, she was the killer, but I didn't suspect her at the time.

I agree that the AA2 character you mentioned may not seem like the killer at first. I'm saying that in the case of the character in AA5, it's pretty cut and dry.

I agree that the AA2 character you mentioned may not seem like the killer at first. I'm saying that in the case of the character in AA5, it's pretty cut and dry.

Yeah. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that even if they didn't show it, I would have probably suspected him of something else rather than the crime at hand.

Case 5 has been pretty damn good so far... maybe bit too much fan service near the beginning, but at least one twist was totally unexpected.

Moonlight

Banned
Right, Case 4 Trial 2 question, can someone clear this up for me? I've got
Yuri
on the ropes and I'll admit that the sequence of events are confusing me a bit (admittedly my mind is being kind of blown right now).
Yuri swapped Launch Pad 1 with 2 prior to the launch, so when the bombs went off, the Museum was where the launch pad was supposed to be. Did the bombs go off in the Museum (filling the launch corridor with smoke) or the proper Launch Pad? It must have been the proper Launch Pad, but the explosion was reported in the pad connected to Launch Corridor 1 (hence all the smoke), which was still connected to the Museum when the bombs went off. So which pad blew up?

I feel like I missed something.

Brashnir

That's the one, grazie.

Do you think I could get away with using
Myrium outside of her box
as my avatar on neogaf? I plan on hitting Tumblr once I beat the game.

Why not? The only people who would know it's a spoiler are the ones for whom it isn't a spoiler.

jrDev

The best new thing about this game (besides the awesome 3D) is the Notes section. So happy to not be completely lost on what to do next in investigation sections...

Yuri
on the ropes and I'll admit that the sequence of events are confusing me a bit (admittedly my mind is being kind of blown right now).
Yuri swapped Launch Pad 1 with 2 prior to the launch, so when the bombs went off, the Museum was where the launch pad was supposed to be. Did the bombs go off in the Museum (filling the launch corridor with smoke) or the proper Launch Pad? It must have been the proper Launch Pad, but the explosion was reported in the pad connected to Launch Corridor 1 (hence all the smoke), which was still connected to the Museum when the bombs went off.

I'm having some issues with the timeline for everything related to case 5, including
The events of cases 1 and 4. Chronologically, I think I'm correct in thinking it goes beginning of case 4 --> case 1 --> end of case 4 --> case 5, with "seven years ago" mixed up in there, but I can't keep some of the details straight--especially revolving around the bomb trigger and detective Arme. I'm not through with the game, so I don't want to look at any kind of comprehensive timeline yet.

Case 5 has been awesome so far, though.

Torraz

Only early second case, but I'm pretty disappointed by the cornered theme, which I think might even be my least favorite in the series.

Otherwise I'm loving it.

McNum

Yuri
Yuri swapped Launch Pad 1 with 2 prior to the launch, so when the bombs went off, the Museum was where the launch pad was supposed to be. Did the bombs go off in the Museum (filling the launch corridor with smoke) or the proper Launch Pad? It must have been the proper Launch Pad, but the explosion was reported in the pad connected to Launch Corridor 1 (hence all the smoke), which was still connected to the Museum when the bombs went off. So which pad blew up?

Let me try to shed some light on that, then.

Case 4 spoilers:
The switch between Space Museum and Launch Pad 1 was done before the bombs went off. The corridor connecting the Space Museum and the Lounge where Launch Pad 1 used to be was never filled with smoke at all, since the bombs detonated in Launch Pad 1, which was where the Space Museum usually is. That's why Yuri's trying to cover for it. So, yes, Corridor 1 WAS filled with smoke. But Corridor 1 wasn't connected to the lounge where the body was found. Corridor 2 was.

Hope that helped.

Moonlight

Banned
Let me try to shed some light on that, then.

Case 4 spoilers:
The switch between Space Museum and Launch Pad 1 was done before the bombs went off. The corridor connecting the Space Museum and the Lounge where Launch Pad 1 used to be was never filled with smoke at all, since the bombs detonated in Launch Pad 1, which was where the Space Museum usually is. That's why Yuri's trying to cover for it. So, yes, Corridor 1 WAS filled with smoke. But Corridor 1 wasn't connected to the lounge where the body was found. Corridor 2 was.

Hope that helped.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I think my issue was that
I thought the Corridors didn't move with the Pads

Wazzy

Banned
Wait...what just happened...case 4's ending...WHATTTTTTTTTTT?
I actually gasped when Athena's name was called out.

Final case now. This is going to be interesting.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh my god I accidentally went into the spoiler thread by mistake. I have never backed out of a page faster in my life.

Dawg

Question: is it impossible to lose?

I was still learning the mechanics of this series in Case 1 and the judge gave me plenty of penalties so I lost a case. Luckily, it instantly starts off again where you lost.

Is this the case for every case?

Moonlight

Banned
Question: is it impossible to lose?

I was still learning the mechanic of this series in Case 1 and the judge gave me plenty of penalties so I lost a case. Luckily, it instantly starts off again where you lost.

Is this the case for every case?
It is. It's not like it was ever possible to 'lose' Ace Attorney, though. You could always save anywhere.

Top Bottom