• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Alastor3

Everything is streamlined. Its still a little difficult for as vets and easy enough for new players. Cross examinations vary but there pretty simple to grasp if you press them on everything. The only loss is that you can only examine the crime scenes. Its sucks considering environments look amazing

Thanks! I might pick it up since it's not too costy

Richardbro

Neo Member
Just beat the game, twas an excellent ride! Favorite song definitely goes to Athena's Theme.

Case 5
was quite amazing. I did not expect that giant twist.

Richardbro

Neo Member
The anime cut scenes were a very welcome addition to the series in my opinion. It definitely added to the epicness of the story. My only complaint is that Pheonix's voice was a bit too high pitched this time around, when compared to others (Apollo, Case 5 spoiler -
Edgeworth
).

Shouta

I'm still at Case 3 but...

Godot > Franziska > Edgeworth > Manfred > Blackquill > Abyss >>>>>>>> Gavin

I'm in the minority but I actually quite like Gavin. I'd only place Franziska and Edgworth higher and Blackquill and Godot about even or maybe a bit lower. He was the first prosecutor that really wasn't antagonistic to a ridiculous level and as he always was looking for the truth. He also broke the mold of not being a hardass. All prosecutors aside from him are, lol.

Zornica

Banned
I'm in the minority but I actually quite like Gavin. I'd only place Franziska and Edgworth higher and Blackquill and Godot about even or maybe a bit lower. He was the first prosecutor that really wasn't antagonistic to a ridiculous level and as he always was looking for the truth. He also broke the mold of not being a hardass. All prosecutors aside from him are, lol.

that's exactly why I like him too
too bad we are a minority...

and I don't really like edgeworth...
(though I have to admit I played the us version for the 1st game and I hardly liked any of the characters from the us localisations...not sure why)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, all these spoiler bars, especially for Case 5. I really need to see if I can get the money to get this, considering I've got $6 in eShop credit & another $6 at GS which I could use for an eShop card.

& for those mentioning how long some cases drag out, is it as bad as that "one" case from AAI, because while I didn't hate it, I did find it exhausting.

Roto13

Franziska is awful.

"FOOL FOOL FOOLISH FOOL FOOLISHLY FOOL FOOL FOOLISH FOOL" *whip whip whip whip*

That got old after about five seconds.

NeonZ

Yes, looking back, she's easily my least favorite prosecutor. Her debut was fine, but her atittude in any case after that one was completely unjustified and quickly got extremely one note.

Man, I'm not even all the way through the game, and Apollo's already shot up past everyone except Edgeworth and Phoenix on my list of favorite characters. Playing him up as the straight man to the zaniness of the AA universe was a great call. (Granted, this was kind of the case in AA4 too, but it's even more pronounced when seeing it from the eyes of say, Athena or Phoenix.)

Was pretty great having him solve a case on his own for once, too.

Frolow

Banned
Papa, hence his hat.

qzCGUNV.png

Ah. Wish they would have used that instead in the localization, sounds much more natural.

Man, I'm not even all the way through the game, and Apollo's already shot up past everyone except Edgeworth and Phoenix on my list of favorite characters. Playing him up as the straight man to the zaniness of the AA universe was a great call. (Granted, this was kind of the case in AA4 too, but it's even more pronounced when seeing it from the eyes of say, Athena or Phoenix.)

Was pretty great having him solve a case on his own for once, too.

I would love to see Apollo's reaction to
spirit channeling.

PK Gaming

He wasn't always looking for the truth, though.

CorvoSol does a good job of explaining why in this post. I somewhat agree with your other points though, he's unique when it comes to prosecutors.

Torraz

Just finished the game.

All those gifs really sum up case 5 very well.

My biggest complaint is
how the entire case is a roller coaster ride of emotions, and excitement, but once the identity of the phantom is revealed you are treated to a very calm, almost boring, court battle

I dont know how much apart from the end of the case 4 I amo but...
HOLY SHIT FUCK, I can hold all of them plotwists.
The last one nearly killed me, and seeing here the reaction of case 5 been even bigger, I dont know what to expect.

Sorian

Banned
I dont know how much apart from the end of the case 4 I amo but...
HOLY SHIT FUCK, I can hold all of them plotwists.
The last one nearly killed me, and seeing here the reaction of case 5 been even bigger, I dont know what to expect.

You're not even at the end of case 4 yet? You haven't even gotten a real plot twist yet.

Draxal

That's why he makes a poor foil. I ... Never played 4 but a common complaint is that having a prosecutor help the attorney makes the attorney look incompetent.

Franziszka is easily my least favorite, one note character in AA2.

Gestahl

I like the idea of a prosecutor who doesn't really give a shit about the cases and has a personal vendetta against Wright, but Godot never grabbed me as far as characters go. At least he wasn't fucking Gavin though yeesh. There was nearly zero tension in the court sequences because of that asshat

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I finished case 2 this morning, and had the same reaction most people are having to case 5. I can only imagine that the mindfuckery gets amped up to 11 from here on out?

I can only buy one 3DS game this month, and I have to choose between this or Zelda ._. How's the game compared to the others of the series ? (I loved them all except for the second which I found less fun, even though it introduced several critical gameplay mechanisms).

I suppose i haven't yet arrived to the :O part of case 5, but it has been amazing so far.
Maya's letter, Pearl as a companion, mudafucking Edgeworth in da house and hostage scenes at the space center. The robots are so cool. And of course the 7 year mystery starting to reveal.

Im really afraid what the :O responses can be right now.

I can only buy one 3DS game this month, and I have to choose between this or Zelda ._. How's the game compared to the others of the series ? (I loved them all except for the second which I found less fun, even though it introduced several critical gameplay mechanisms).

Havent beated it yet but by now:

3>5>1>2>>>>>>>>4

The attention to detail in this game is staggering. In Case 3, someone noticed that when
cross examining Myriam, and all of her stuff falls out of her cardboard box, for a split second, you can see her laptop; On the screen is a picture of Robin, Hugh and Juniper, with herself 'shopped into the picture. Shows how desperately she just wanted to be friends with them. See it here.

It's a pretty neat detail, considering how good of an eye you'd have to have to catch it.

I noticed the laptop but definitely not the image in it. Nice!

Astral Dog

I havent finished yet, but i thought
Terrance was going to be the phantom when they showed the photo and somone found out

Richardbro

Neo Member
I'm having serious withdrawals with this game... I can't stop listening to the OST and reflecting on it... I need to play this glorious game again, already.

Was playing today while taking a bath. After the battery indicator turned red I decided to end this one cross examination and save... then it started blinking and after like 30 sec it went of. Goddamn :D

Need to chek how much I need to redo now cause of this :(

Was playing today while taking a bath. After the battery indicator turned red I decided to end this one cross examination and save... then it started blinking and after like 30 sec it went of. Goddamn :D

Need to chek how much I need to redo now cause of this :(

luckily you can just hold B to speed through stuff quite fast

daydream

Banned
Seeing so many new AA5 avatars on GAF makes me happy. I'm planning to finish Case 4 & 5 this week. Gave myself some time between chapters to reflect on all the craziness (also, I was busy).

In the meantime, I'll join in on the praise for
Myriam Scuttlebutt
. Just one of many new great characters. I L-O-V-E her theme. Man, the soundtrack's so good.

Top Bottom