• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just finished case 4
is this the first time we proved someone innocent of murder without having to prove who really did it?

Kenka

Simon Blackquill is the first character in the video games that has given me a boner since Sephiroth :

Simon_Blackquill.png

Simon Blackquill is the first character in the video games that has given me a boner since Sephiroth :

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130620044656/aceattorney/images/7/7e/Simon_Blackquill.png[/IMG]

The only bad thing about Blackquill is his ,,shocked/beaten by evidence''-animation. Otherwise, best prosecutor.

BowieZ

Banned
So just finished Virtue's Last Reward, just got through Chapter 1 of PWAADD!!

I got hammered though. I found some of the questions (where I needed to choose evidence to "present") rather ambiguous, or poorly worded.

Like, do you erase 1 line or 2 line to get WOODS from L10015? I chose 1, because I thought it wasn't counting the W which was already explained as "being L and 1". Anyway. Maybe I just wasn't thinking clearly through some of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that the offer for the free costume w/ purchase of the game ends tomorrow when the eShop updates, so if you haven't gotten the game yet, but want the costumes to be free (it'll be 0.99 cents for all 3), better hurry.

.....I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it or not since the costumes, while nice, aren't that big of a factor for me...

Frolow

Banned
Reminder that the offer for the free costume w/ purchase of the game ends tomorrow when the eShop updates, so if you haven't gotten the game yet, but want the costumes to be free (it'll be 0.99 cents for all 3), better hurry.

.....I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it or not since the costumes, while nice, aren't that big of a factor for me...

Just do it. They're free and take less than a minute to download.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the moment, it's more deciding if I should use my GS credit on an eShop card & only spend about $20 out of pocket (since I've got $6 in eShop & $6 at GS) or wait & use the credit I have for Black Friday in addition to other credit I'll possibly earn. All about managing my budget since I can't afford much at the moment and want to get the most out of what I'm allowed to spend.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just finished Case 4.

What the FUCK. I almost don't want to continue playing now.. I need a fucking breather after that bombshell.-_-

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just finished Case 4.

What the FUCK. I almost don't want to continue playing now.. I need a fucking breather after that bombshell.-_-

Once you get far enough in the first part of Case 5, you're not going to want to stop. ;)

XPE

Just finished the game a real return to form I thought, the game might not reach the heights of 1 or 3 but is an excellent game in its own right, all the cases in the game were solid no fat this time, the animations and graphics were well gone and the music was a real high light =D

The game only problem was the investigation for case 2 went on a little longer than it should have but that's it.

Edit: also I finished case 4 at 3 in the morning and then I had to get some sleep after words!!!

I got over the fact of lack of 3DS proper account system and bought the game (also decent price)

I'm on case 3 and I'm liking it quite a lot, I just can't get over at how good the animations are.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Caved in & got an eShop card (only cost about $19 out of pocket to get the game) since I remembered the DLC case was on sale in Japan, & seeing as the costume pack deal came to the US, might as well get it so I can get the DLC case when that's released & (hopefully) discounted.

Young Magus

Got the costumes last night!!
Also, will there be more costume dlc?

GSR

Speaking of that DLC, I was hoping it would land this week, but still radio silence on Capcom's end. Makes me wondering if they're delaying it to give it another script polish or something in response to feedback.

Frolow

Banned
Speaking of that DLC, I was hoping it would land this week, but still radio silence on Capcom's end. Makes me wondering if they're delaying it to give it another script polish or something in response to feedback.

Dunno how it is for DLC, but game wise, it takes a few weeks for a game to get verified and pass through everything before it can get uploaded to the eShop. So if Capcom wanted to polish up text at the last minute, then it'd probably get delayed until mid-December.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really miss
Maya.... :(

I don't know why the current creators of the game series
seem so averse in making her appear in any of the games anymore :(

Lotto

I'm on the home stretch I think! Case 5, just got to the part where
Apollo shows up and stops the not guilty verdicts for both Athena and Simon.
Gotta sleep now but I can't wait to see
how things play out and just exactly why Apollo decided to step in.
Case 5 is definitely giving me those Ace Attorney vibes I'm so accustomed to.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I really miss
Maya.... :(

I don't know why the current creators of the game series
seem so averse in making her appear in any of the games anymore :(

Because her story is pretty much played out and every other sidekick is more interesting?

Club Nintendo - 11. Why did you choose to download this game?

So I wouldn't be able to lose the Game Card
To have multiple games on my system
So I didn't have to go to the store to buy it
To have fewer boxes to keep at the house
I couldn't find it at the store
Other

:p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well TECHNICALLY, we couldn't find it at the store.....That's what I marked (& Other for "no physical version").

Finished Case 1 last night. Wow, it felt like a nice change compared to other Case 1s from the series, especially the fact
it took 2 days instead of one
so it felt a bit longer than usual as well. Hopefully I'll get to start Case 2 this weekend. Also
DAT FORESHADOWING WITH ATHENA
. Why do I feel like that's gonna come back for Case 4 or 5.

Bit mixed on the anime cutscenes. I actually like them, especially for introducing a case, but the voices are....eeeehhhh. Not bad, but not exactly great either. Maybe it's the fact Phoenix & Athena just remind me of other characters (i.e PW is the same voice as Donatello in TMNT). Most others are good, though.

Leeness

Case 5 major spoilers

Is there no investigation phase in case 5? It seems the trial is just gonna go until midnight or something since we've already brought Fulbright in and seem to have most of the evidence needed. Has there ever been a case with no investigation outside of case 1s?

Also lol at Apollo's doubt towards Athena is dispelled and therefore, so are all his bombing wounds!

Fulbright :( I like him and wish the real one could come back. IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!

Jarate

Banned
The one thing Phoenix Wright games are always clutch at is a good ending to the game

Does anyone know if the DLC is goingnto be released over here?

rekameohs

Banned
Case 5 major spoilers

Is there no investigation phase in case 5? It seems the trial is just gonna go until midnight or something since we've already brought Fulbright in and seem to have most of the evidence needed. Has there ever been a case with no investigation outside of case 1s?

Also lol at Apollo's doubt towards Athena is dispelled and therefore, so are all his bombing wounds!

Fulbright :( I like him and wish the real one could come back. IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!
Case 5 started with a lengthy investigation phase, where you meet Pearl/Edgeworth and visit the old crime scene...

Mr. RHC

Ah Case 2 Day 1!
Blackquill, your "Lordship"^^, and the new detective make for quite the comedy trio, I like it a lot hehe and I love the random outbursts by Athena! Also, Apollo's ringtone is a nice little easter egg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finished the game this afternoon. Really, really enjoyed it. While I suppose it might be good to wait till later to rank the game... eh, screw it. I think this is my second favorite AA game, after Trials & Tribulations. The game was great the whole way through, and I thought it really delivered in the end.

I also thought the soundtrack was excellent -- it's good to get these games on a system that can pump out decent sound for a change. The 3D models were shockingly expressive, and I never found myself wishing the game just stuck to 2D. Awesome stuff all around.

kewlmyc

Just finished the first half of the case 5 trial.

JuTXlYj.gif

When the mentioned that the phantom has a cut on the back of his hand, I thought about all the characters that wore gloves. For some reason, Bobby was the first one to pop into my head, but I thought that was absurd. Goddammit.

Top Bottom