• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Cody_D165

Banned
Also, check out one of the most hilarious typos courtesy of the iOS version, Capcpom style!

WARNING: HUGE 1-5 (RISE FROM THE ASHES) SPOILERS

Behold!

http://i.imgur.com/5BDdE2P.png

maya-shock.gif

Also, check out one of the most hilarious typos courtesy of the iOS version, Capcpom style!

WARNING: HUGE 1-5 (RISE FROM THE ASHES) SPOILERS

Behold!

http://i.imgur.com/5BDdE2P.png

No fucking way

Oh man, the last Trial part in case 3-5 is ruined in the iOS version. RUINED.

The part where Mia's "ghost" appears alongside Phoenix to accuse Godot has Mia appear solid instead of transparent as she was in the DS version. Phoenix and Mia's animation during this scene is also out of sync, with Mia raising her arm before Phoenix. And to add insult to injury, the CG with Godot holding the sword behind Dahlia!Misty is completely gone.

WHY

Frolow

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks (AA4 spoilers)
Kristoph's motive for getting revenge on Zak and Phoenix was fairly weak? It basically amounted to him being upset that Zak rejected him and chose Phoenix defend him instead. I get it that Kristoph wanted to make a name for himself and that he had already gotten the forged evidence, but surely he could have just waited for another big case to come along and take that one up, right?

Kristoph's motive for getting revenge on Zak and Phoenix was fairly weak? It basically amounted to him being upset that Zak rejected him and chose Phoenix defend him instead. I get it that Kristoph wanted to make a name for himself and that he had already gotten the forged evidence, but surely he could have just waited for another big case to come along and take that one up, right?

It is incredibly weak. It almost felt like a copout to me.
And the reason why he couldn't wait for a new case is because the Troupe Gramarye was THE biggest thing going on. Who knows how long it would take for something like that to fall into Kristoph's lap again?

Personally, I thought that
Valant Gramarye should've been the mastermind, or at least been set up to be the villain in a possible AJ2.

CorvoSol

I admit I haven't replayed the game yet, but just from the games I have played, AA4 spoilers
Kristoph needed to stop Phoenix no matter the cost. Think about what Phoenix had done in the 3 years he was an Attorney: Unhorsed Manfred von Karma, the Prosecuting Legend, as well as his disciples Miles Edgeworth and Franziska, unmasked Godot, arrested the Police Chief and Chief Prosecutor, completely unraveling both organizations, and revived the political power of the Kurain Religion. In 3 years he had caused a serious amount of upheaval in the whole justice world, and defended each of his clients to a complete acquittal against unbelievable odds. Why would anyone hire Kristoph Gavin if Phoenix Wright was still around? Phoenix just kept getting bigger and bigger, and when Zak rejects Gavin in favor of Wright, Kristoph probably realized that he would always lose to Phoenix. So he gets him disbarred.

And then Phoenix completely revolutionizes the legal system of the country. In spite of being a goof and constant underdog, Phoenix Wright sort of is a titan when you get down to it. For Kristoph Gavin Phoenix would be very bad for business.

Zornica

Banned
Let's not forget that we never do see what's behind Kristoph's Black Psyche Locks.

I always figured that it might be unveiled in AA5. If 4, 5 and 6 are planed as a trilogy like 1,2 3 it might also be a lead up to the finale in AA6 - if that ever happens.

Dear God, man case 3 in AAI2. Right in the feels. I'm shocked this was only a middle case. It felt like such a final case and a great conclusion. I don't even know where there gonna go next. This game easily destroys AAI1 and AA4.

GSR

Let's not forget that we never do see what's behind Kristoph's Black Psyche Locks.

I always got the impression
he was just absolutely determined never to admit he'd been behind the forgery 7 years ago, because it was the only way he still had power over Wright and some semblance of dignity as an attorney. If memory serves he never actually admits it even after his breakdown.

I always figured that it might be unveiled in AA5. If 4, 5 and 6 are planed as a trilogy like 1,2 3 it might also be a lead up to the finale in AA6 - if that ever happens.

With regards to if AA5 discusses it (this could be a yes or a no, making it a very long spoiler so nobody can guess without reading):
yes, the black psyche-locks are discussed and explained.

BlackJace

Title voting is over. Adding up the votes.

Done tallying.

Rated M For Objectionable Content - 59 votes
A New Dimension of Law - 2 votes
Don't Call it a Comeback - 6 votes
$29.99? No Objections here, Your Honor! - 12 votes
Is That a Hawk? - 4

Alberto wins.

to think I was going to play the trilogy on iOS since that was my only option a few months ago

lol

really glad I got to play it on its intended system. its probably my favorite one if not my favorite series now

BlackJace

so OT starting today?

my 25€ ehsop money are ready!

why?
I thought it's release is on the 24th, which is thursday next week - 7 days from now

I was thinking about it being today, but the NPD thread is tonight, and with all of the delay threads flying around, I thought Friday would be a less hectic day.

It could be put up this evening if people really wanted :p

CorvoSol

One more week, Attorney-GAF. Then we'll all be pointing our gorgeously-animated 3D fingers at criminals again!

One more case in AAI and AA4 to go. Gotta see if I can squeeze AAI2 in there, too. So if I finish AAI today, that's 6 days to play 7 cases and watch 3 others on Youtube.

AM I GONNA MAKE IT?

BlackJace

(AA4 spoiler)
Regarding the AA5 OT, do you guys think its okay to make open references to
Phoenix getting disbarred, and then reinstated?

(AA4 spoiler)
Regarding the AA5 OT, do you guys think its okay to make open references to
Phoenix getting disbarred, and then reinstated?

It's a main plot point that's introduced early in AJ as opposed to being say a major cases shocking twist and is surely mentioned in AA5, I mean one of the main points about AA5 is surely that Wright is back in court after being disbarred so anyone who plays the game will find out anyway.
Unless they sidestep that whole thing and just act like he was on vacation or did an Edgeworth circa AA2 and "died" so to speak.

CorvoSol

Speaking of Edgeworth that whole thing in AA2 feels so much like him and Nick overreacting. I mean, Rise from the Ashes was a mere few months prior.
He hadn't even been gone a whole year.

Speaking of Edgeworth that whole thing in AA2 feels so much like him and Nick overreacting. I mean, Rise from the Ashes was a mere few months prior.
He hadn't even been gone a whole year.

Even factoring in the fact that Rise from the Ashes was added to the original game in the DS remake and that the original version ended with Turnabout Goodbyes it still comes off as a hilarious overreaction.

BlackJace

Probably. It's pretty directly referred to in the marketing/game's plot.

It's a main plot point that's introduced early in AJ as opposed to being say a major cases shocking twist and is surely mentioned in AA5, I mean one of the main points about AA5 is surely that Wright is back in court after being disbarred so anyone who plays the game will find out anyway.
Unless they sidestep that whole thing and just act like he was on vacation or did an Edgeworth circa AA2 and "died" so to speak.

Alright then, thanks guys.

CorvoSol

Even factoring in the fact that Rise from the Ashes was added to the original game in the DS remake and that the original version ended with Turnabout Goodbyes it still comes off as a hilarious overreaction.

Probably why Maya thinks Nick is a doofus.

Man, there really are a lot of reasons why the 2nd game's the weakest. If it wasn't for Franziska, Morgan Fey, and
that last case
, I could see people skipping it.

CorvoSol

Which do you think is better, T&T's last case or JFA's?

Trials and Tribulations is better than Justice For All in every way and in every case. Godot is a better antagonist than Franziska, Mask!DeMasque is a better goofy case than the Big Berry Circus, the game's set up and conclusion of the final case is better than the set up and conclusion of JFA.

TT> JFA everywhere, even if JFA's last case is awesome.

I've had a hard time convincing two people I know to play T&T or just play through the last case in JFA due to the first three cases of JFA putting them off even after enjoying the original game, it's a shame really.
While I find it the weakest entry in the mainline games I never found any of the cases at all bad and that includes the often disliked circus case.

Trials and Tribulations is better than Justice For All in every way and in every case. Godot is a better antagonist than Franziska, Mask!DeMasque is a better goofy case than the Big Berry Circus, the game's set up and conclusion of the final case is better than the set up and conclusion of JFA.

TT> JFA everywhere, even if JFA's last case is awesome.

I think JFA's last case had a better twist, but yeah, I really loved T&T as a whole. Although, I really disliked the fourth case where
you play as young Mia
for some reason. I think it's because it was just so depressing.

CorvoSol

I've had a hard time convincing two people I know to play T&T or just play through the last case in JFA due to the first three cases of JFA putting them off even after enjoying the original game, it's a shame really.
While I find it the weakest entry in the mainline games I never found any of the cases at all bad and that includes the often disliked circus case.

JFA isn't BAD, just the weakest link. It still gave us Moe, Franzy, Pearl, Morgan and Shelly.

I think JFA's last case had a better twist, but yeah, I really loved T&T as a whole. Although, I really disliked the fourth case where
you play as young Mia
for some reason. I think it's because it was just so depressing.

I think the 4th case is great just for the
reveal that Mia was dating Godot.

JFA isn't BAD, just the weakest link. It still gave us Moe, Franzy, Pearl, Morgan and Shelly.

I think the 4th case is great just for the
reveal that Mia was dating Godot.

I remember being absolutely shocked when
Mia died in AA 1. It was the first time a main character had died right at the beginning in any series I had played.

CorvoSol

I can't count Moe as a positive.

I just can't. Fuck 2-3.

Moe is the saving grace of that case. His fake-out testimony is the one legitimately humorous moment in the entire trial.

I remember being absolutely shocked when
Mia died in AA 1. It was the first time a main character had died right at the beginning in any series I had played.

I think I was more shocked that
Mia's death was a minor obstacle for her.

DaBoss

I'm in full Pokémon mode now and then this is coming. Man it sucks, but its so good. Except this comes around the time I have mid-terms. :(

Top Bottom