• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Lusankya

hnMEifR.jpg

15th anniversary already, happy birthday!

2001 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney*
2002 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All*
2004 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations*
2007 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney*
2009 Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations^
2011 Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations 2^
2012 Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright*
2013 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies^
2015 Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Grand Ace Attorney)*
2016 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6^

* Team Takumi
^ Team Yamazaki

FluxWaveZ

Halfway through the series, it seems that there will be relatively original moment depicting Phoenix Wright's past. It sounds like it'll be a more elaborate version of the classroom trial that motivated Phoenix.

Via Court-Records:
There was one thing Watanabe wanted to do, so Watanabe & Takumi worked on an original episode (as in "an episode in my past", not a TV episode per se). It's based on the flashbacks and comments on Phoenix's past that were mentioned between the lines of the games, presented in a more concentrated form. It will appear around halfway the series.

Also, Shu Takumi had thought there already was an anime.

Only a few days now.... looking forward to this.

D-Man

I'm really excited about the anime. Regardless of its quality, it'll be fun seeing this world and story in another medium. Having this and JoJo Part 4 back to back is like a dream come true for me.

FluxWaveZ

I hope the subs don't write the characters as "Naruhodo Ryuichi" or "Mayoi." The location is whatever (though I'll always mentally replace "Japan" with "America"), but I'd be real disappointed if the names were not their actual localized, English names.

I hope the subs don't write the characters as "Naruhodo Ryuichi" or "Mayoi." The location is whatever (though I'll always mentally replace "Japan" with "America"), but I'd be real disappointed if the names were not their actual localized, English names.

Ooh I didn't think about that :|

FluxWaveZ

A newer segment from the Pachinko anime that I hadn't seen before.

Also, the actual anime will be starting today. Is anyone handling the OT for it here? Also, I don't know if I've heard of Crunchyroll picking it up yet; are there any official sources where it'll be subbed?

Edit: According to the OT OT, nintendoman58 should be handling it but it's not up yet.

Guys, I like Ace Attorney, but god, I really hate the investigation segments. They were okayish in AA5 because of how easy they were (AA5 was the first one I played... sorry), but in the older games they're REALLY annoying. I feel like I'm just walking around aimlessly waiting for (boring) events to trigger.

GSR

I thought they might do dual-witness testimonies from a few of the things they've shown. I do wonder if they'll do 3+ people and bring over PLvsPW/DGS' questioning system as well; somehow I feel like they'll stick to 2 people though.

FluxWaveZ

Maya in Japanamerica.

Edit: Oh that's right, one of the bonus cases is of Phoenix + Maya vs. Edgeworth in the original courtroom. Wonder how that works out in the timeline, if they're meant to be canon.

Lusankya

Maya in Japanamerica.

Edit: Oh that's right, one of the bonus cases is of Phoenix + Maya vs. Edgeworth in the original courtroom. Wonder how that works out in the timeline, if they're meant to be canon.

From what I read they're supposed to go against each other in Kurain, but maybe Maya is in Japan as well (during the bonus cases).

The stories seem to be rather silly so I think it's most likely non-canon.

I thought they might do dual-witness testimonies from a few of the things they've shown. I do wonder if they'll do 3+ people and bring over PLvsPW/DGS' questioning system as well; somehow I feel like they'll stick to 2 people though.

that was fun grilling 5 plp at once =)

Lusankya

Remember, tomorrow will be the next info blow out on Capcom TV (maybe even earlier via Famitsu leaks):

RDGMNhJ.jpg

I expect new info regarding case 2, including official artwork for Trucy and Ema.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, have we not seen Trucy in Ace Attorney 6 until now? Dunno why I always assumed I had seen her; I guess it's because her return was an inevitability and because of what case 2 is about.

Cool to see a formal announcement of Ema.

Top Bottom