• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Between Nayuta, Payne, Miles and Blackquill, I doubt it unless Miles and Blackquill have a real backseat role to the story. Franziska doesn't strike me as the type to be a surprise final boss for this story, either.

I doubt she appears as a prosecutor, but they could still always have her appear in a supporting role.

But the dream is starting to appear on thin ice.

GSR

I doubt she appears as a prosecutor, but they could still always have her appear in a supporting role.

But the dream is starting to appear on thin ice.

As I said in the other thread, I get the feeling that Franziska (and Gumshoe, and the minor AA trilogy characters) are being considered "AAI characters" from here on out, and for better or for worse this team doesn't seem interested in bringing in AAI to the main series.

For that matter, I'm not sure we're really going to see many more returning characters, period. The only non-major returner they've shown is Jinxie, and she's just in one of the preorder mini-eps.

FluxWaveZ

Weird thing, but I've always liked how they've differentiated Athena's pointer finger to give it a more unique flair. That curve is great.

Both sides represented, all major characters. Looks nice, overall.

As I said in the other thread, I get the feeling that Franziska (and Gumshoe, and the minor AA trilogy characters) are being considered "AAI characters" from here on out, and for better or for worse this team doesn't seem interested in bringing in AAI to the main series.

For that matter, I'm not sure we're really going to see many more returning characters, period. The only non-major returner they've shown is Jinxie, and she's just in one of the preorder mini-eps.
Just waiting for them to bring back one of the AA trilogy characters as a murder victim.

Like 7-1 starts out with Larry Butz dead or something.

Shun

GSR or anyone else who have played the entire series, I did not get a answer on this so I think this is a good place to ask.

The last scene in the trailer make me wonder when Naruhodo even make the time to go through training and licensing to become kensatsu along with his bengoshi license.
Especially with all the stuff that happened to him between 3 and 5.

I wonder how they will actually play that scene out. I don't think Naruhodo has experience as kensatsu before but I cannot put it against him that he doesn't know how to do it.

If I remember correctly the only other character in the franchise who has license to be both kensatsu and bengoshi is Mitsurugi.

I assume he would be qualified or licensed to be one since Shigaraki offered him a job and Mitsurugi background in both fields from his father and his time working and defending.

Contrast to Naruhodo who i don't think has any explicit in game experience at all working as kensatsu or as assistant to one. Not that it is a big issue since I think he is smart enough to be one. That last scene just stands out to me and I am curious how the game will handle the loose ends or if it ends up retconning some things.

Shun

Not quite. There's also (AA3)
Godot

Oh yeah him but his fate is ambiguous.

Someone was saying Mitsurugi wasn't licensed in the other thread so I just wanted clarification. I would assume he is considering Shigaraki offered him a job and that he had plenty of prior experience with his family and working with bengoshi.

It is just Naruhodo that I wonder how he even make time for it.

GSR

Oh yeah him but his fate is ambiguous.

Someone was saying Mitsurugi wasn't licensed in the other thread so I just wanted clarification. I would assume he is considering Shigaraki offered him a job and that he had plenty of prior experience with his family and working with bengoshi.

It is just Naruhodo that I wonder how he even make time for it.

I think the games honestly don't care that much about it. Sure in 3-5 there's the to-do about calling in Udgey's brother and Franziska to cover Edgeworth as an attorney, but that felt more like lip service than anything else.

The game'll have attorneys in the roles it wants them to, simple as that.

Lusankya

I'm guessing we won't be seeing much more info, with the final PV having already been shown.

New collaborations, hey!

qhpmmaV.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/17105963.html

They will also properly announce the DLC case, including two returning "fan favorites"....
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/17105959.html
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/17105969.html

I wonder if this will actually be a serious case?

The DLC case will be 95% returning and central characters then there will be one new dead guy and one new potential and therefore blatant suspect making up the rest, look what the lust for returning characters has wrought!

I base this on my non existent evidence added to the court record.

Lusankya

Actually, so far Larry is the only returning character for the DLC case we know of. Oldbag was just in the skit to promote the case.

There is a person who looks somewhat like Hugh, who should be the groom, though.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, that concept art's something. Fundamentally, I prefer the theme of "Dark Age of the Law" more than the "Justice Revolution" one AA6 is going for, but the former was handled like absolute shit. Maybe they'll do better with this one.

You can tell we're at the end of the marketing cycle because the AA twitter and all the Japanese news sites are publishing new articles about stuff that's been revealed for weeks or months.

Yep, inevitable with only ~2 weeks left.

30 hours? Challenge accepted.

I hope we get a little more set up before we find the bodies though. I remember in AAI2 how we'd spend all of maybe 3 minutes in Cases 2, 4, 5 before someone ran in, "There's been a murder!".

FluxWaveZ

yBmZ6pI.jpg

On point. AA6 better not mess the civil war stuff up, 'cause I'll be pissed if they do. It's already pretty outlandish, but it could be something really special if they stick the landing.

Top Bottom