• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Here's a screengrab from a 1080p YouTube video from the briefing of mission
in ACI: http://i.imgur.com/Kj1AoIA.png
Thanks, looked everywhere online but the only one I could find had half the pic cut off

I wonder how this F2P is working out for Namco,
they will obviously have some people put more than the standard $60 ino it and others that won't put almost anything into which they would have had to as a standard release.
On the other hand they might be getting money here and there from people that couldn't buy it at full price.

interesting situation, though I wish the future of one of my favorite series wasn't hanging in the balance.

dubc35

No AC since the server is down so I decided to grab some pics of an F-14 and Harrier on display outside my work.

0P8bP3v.jpg

ucVfywO.jpg

V2eyG4F.jpg

edit, of course Google can give you a closer and interactive look

Man Jolly Rogers F-14 is such a thing of beauty (as if it wasn't already)

Anyone notice that the warning system in all the planes seem weird in Infinity?
Sounds like a Russian accented woman for every plane.
They had separate ones in Assault Horizon(American for American, Russian for Russian and Japanese in the F2) so im a little surprised they didn't reuse them.

EmpReb

Banned
Thanks, looked everywhere online but the only one I could find had half the pic cut off

I wonder how this F2P is working out for Namco,
they will obviously have some people put more than the standard $60 ino it and others that won't put almost anything into which they would have had to as a standard release.
On the other hand they might be getting money here and there from people that couldn't buy it at full price.

interesting situation, though I wish the future of one of my favorite series wasn't hanging in the balance.
This is party due that AC 6 could not be put on the PS3 because of how hard that thing was to program for in the early days. And then instead of a Grand AC Stranger Real PS3/360 they do AC:AH which pissed off a lot of people. Damn stupid of them too.

This is party due that AC 6 could not be put on the PS3 because of how hard that thing was to program for in the early days. And then instead of a Grand AC Stranger Real PS3/360 they do AC:AH which pissed off a lot of people. Damn stupid of them too.

Yeah ,
I even liked AH for what it was(had some elements I liked, the MC for example) but would have preferred a classic Ace Combat.

To all the razgriz fan boys on this thread... I'd like to point you guys to this. For some reasons I never really saw north american community talk about these:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ords=ace+combat$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I think it'd be stupid if scamco didnt tie the sale of these kits with ACI (i.e. emblem/fuel etc.,)

Was reading back through the thread and I hadn't noticed your post last time.
I would be all over it if it wasn't for the fact that being a huge GI Joe collector I already have a 1/18 ish scale Razgriz F14 and F22.

I own 5 Skystrikers(F-14s):
Original from the 80's
One painted in Razgriz's scheme
A Jolly Roger
Macross VF-1 decals
And the final is the SDCC Starscream and Cobra Commander set

I did get the Nagase Shinden kit

Microsoft actually paid for the exclusivity of AC6 (along with Tales of Vesperia) and Namco didn't confirm this deal until much, much later.

Skwerl

Microsoft actually paid for the exclusivity of AC6 (along with Tales of Vesperia) and Namco didn't confirm this deal until much, much later.

huh, that is interesting, where did you hear about namco confirming the deal? I mean, those were always kinda given, but I have never read Namco outright admitting that before.

Meneses

Just found out I might have to work on the 7th, so I may not be able to join you fellow aces on the GAF sortie.

mcz117chief

Just found out I might have to work on the 7th, so I may not be able to join you fellow aces on the GAF sortie.

Maaaan and I was especially looking forward to playing with you. What a shame :/

anyone have a decent shot of
Edge's
portrait.
could use it for an avatar im working on down the line.

Also, here is your epic Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 5 in crisp HD
http://gameswalls.com/wallpapers/a/ace-combat-5/kei-nagase-1.jpg

dubc35

Crap, thought maintenance was done at 2. Daughter is napping now but will surely be up before 4. I'll wait until bedtime I guess.

Server still down, knew it wouldn't be back up on time

Edit2 oh, of course, they messed up pst time. The other are another 49 min but it's 1611 pst time

Pressing R1 on the Aircraft Tree puts you only in the special aircraft section. There is a F-14 Wardog along the F-14 Zipang, Morgan and F-16F.

So how big is the file-size?

And how much money should I fork up if I want to play a respectable amount of times? Can I buy something that will allow me to play, say, MP, as much as I want? How's the MP scene?

And how much money should I fork up if I want to play a respectable amount of times? Can I buy something that will allow me to play, say, MP, as much as I want? How's the MP scene?

You should have about 15 flights right from the start, try before you pay anything.
Check the notifications, there is a message that gives you 10 on to your starting 3.
+ challenges for extra fuel.

KAP151

Just read all the notifications and make sure you do all the easy mode challenges when you first start. Its getting the fuel later once you actually have a half decent aircraft and set-up that kinda sucks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The drops have definitely been more diverse today.
Wait you need to be Lt Col to get the Zipang?
Damn.

Well that's basically impossible with a work/class schedule :/

I'm at 1st LT and Captain just feels like at least 70-80 missions away from where I am now. Lt Col is going to be lol.

The drops have definitely been more diverse today.

Well that's basically impossible with a work/class schedule :/

I'm at 1st LT and Captain just feels like at least 70-80 missions away from where I am now. Lt Col is going to be lol.

LOL, yup.
I like that they are separate planes though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LOL, yup.
I like that they are separate planes though.

I already unlocked the F-16. Wasn't too hard at all.

The research is getting progressively steeper though. I'm trying to direct most of my research to the fighter tree because of the stealth and ground fire defense stuff but it is really tough sledding right now. Fortunately, I've got an extra contract or two to help out with it but I need to wait til I get a whole day to sit down with it before I invest.

I already unlocked the F-16. Wasn't too hard at all.

The research is getting progressively steeper though. I'm trying to direct most of my research to the fighter tree because of the stealth and ground fire defense stuff but it is really tough sledding right now. Fortunately, I've got an extra contract or two to help out with it but I need to wait til I get a whole day to sit down with it before I invest.

lucky for me I don't really need anything more than my basic F14, but I definitely agee.

I wonder if the Wardog F14's Lv3 nickname will be "Wardog"
has to be right?

tournament in 5 minutes I think.

Lockon

I wish room search would let us filter missions...I don't really like going in and out of rooms for 5-10 min. lol

Aquila

How much do the research reports even help? I've been hoarding them and slowly making headway towards the A-10 and F-18. Since they're time based wouldn't it be better to spend a bunch of stocked fuel along with them?

For the mission specific challenges, you can search for like "Just this mission" and that usually helps narrow the search down; of course, nobody changes the settings.

mcz117chief

Can't wait to get home today and get started on the tournament. I want that Phoenix emblem, OH YEAH !

Also, I noticed they didn't even add any new content besides the skins...lame, I was hoping for B7R :/

Top Bottom