• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

sholvaco

Neo Member
I've got the Aircraft Tree pretty opened up at this point (just started research on the Eurofighter Typhoon) but I mainly stick to three planes depending on the mission:
-a lv4 Mirage 2000-5 became my main recently after finally figuring out multirole aircraft combine sufficient benefits from the other two classes; I use the Mirage on most missions
-a lv4 Su-24M is the weapon of choice for the Aerospace Center Defense; recently cracked 60k points in a single mission with it
-a lv5 F-16C for Moby Dick Pursuit missions; two salvos of 4AAM strip most of Gyges' defenses while keeping you out of harms way before you move in and destroy the rest

I'm itching to switch to fancier planes but I find a lot of them to have non appealing default secondary weapons, which means I'd have to level them up to make them useful to me. Frankly right now I'd rather spend the money towards getting the Su-35, the Rafale and opening up the rest of the tree.

Zipang Lv3 is a huge upgrade. Feels about equal to my Lv5 F14 besides the shitty HCAA

Edit: How would you guys feel if the Wardog F14 is a paid plane?
Only reason I can think that it would be added this early is because it will be on the store next week.

deim0s

Browsing the web PSN and seeing all the stocked fuel add-ons as "purchased"! Basically I can only buy the contract add-ons and the elite pack.

heh... signed-out and logged back in. fixed.

edit: nope.

Zocano

The campaign missions cost so many credits ):

I might just buy campaign ticket so I can get the easy 20 stocked fuel.

mcz117chief

Today in the world of Strangereal

June 7–10: the government of Belka undergoes vital reforms following the June 6 disaster.

cafemomo

Finally had some time to play some co-op and it's pretty fun.

I don't wanna drop dosh on a f2p game but I will make an exception to this

So whats the consensus on the single player campaign? is it any good? worth spending $20 for the campaign ticket? (my internet is crap so no multiplayer for me)

KAP151

So whats the consensus on the single player campaign? is it any good? worth spending $20 for the campaign ticket? (my internet is crap so no multiplayer for me)

I barely get 2-3 bars on multiplayer and do fine. In all honesty, its not PVP, so as long as your connection is stable enough to last a match, go for it.

It's fun, but if you don't play online then you won't be able to unlock any planes for you to use yourself. You would have to rely on the rental planes that the game gives you. Not to mention that if you get disconnected while you're playing a mission then the game will just send you back to the title screen. Even if you're playing single player.

It's fun, but if you don't play online then you won't be able to unlock any planes for you to use yourself. You would have to rely on the rental planes that the game gives you. Not to mention that if you get disconnected while you're playing a mission then the game will just send you back to the title screen. Even if you're playing single player.

Yeah you can't even get past the title screen without being signed in.
That being said I have played loads of matches with a red connection and do fine.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah you can't even get past the title screen without being signed in.
That being said I have played loads of matches with a red connection and do fine.

Same here. And there's no point in kicking people for connection either (dodge crappy hosts of course) but the game handles itself just fine.

I like the campaign - but its very easy to see that that 20 bucks for it is going a long ways. They'll be adding a lot more to it in the future most likely by episode or something.

Just woke up. Super hung over

But I'm ready to sortie :)

edit:
Fuuuuuuck, I misred the times posted. It's not til 12...going back to bed lol

Aerocrane

1KXgkQb.gif

NeoGAF sortie details!!!
Could we agree on 7th June at 5:00pm GMT ? (10:00am PDT, 1:00pm EDT, 7:00pm CEST)

If possible join this TeamSpeak3 server for comms. The server has 50 slots, so everyone will be able to join :) I'll create a separate channel for Ace Combat Infinity.

ROOM HOST(S) TBD

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Taking a break now, but I'm down to join up later.

My ps3 mic is dead but I'm HOPING the DS4 and mic will work for this later.

Goddamn! get kicked back to the title screen even in SP?! my internet has been so bad lately i cant even get on PSN to buy stuff let alone play MP.

MY beautiful AC, our last great time together was in AC6 :-(

Shandy

No mic for me, unfortunately. Thought an old headset might still have at least the microphone working, but nothing doing. hoh well.

Yuterald

So, this starts soon, right? It's about 10 of 1 here (NA, east coast). Will probably not join chat, but I'm definitely down to play. PSN is Gazel_Ministry if you haven't already added me.

Aerocrane

So, this starts soon, right? It's about 10 of 1 here (NA, east coast). Will probably not join chat, but I'm definitely down to play. PSN is Gazel_Ministry if you haven't already added me.

Sent a friend request.

I'm not sure yet how we'll handle it, but I might try hosting the room since the ping doesn't really matter too much in Infinity.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'm so confused. How do I unlock airplanes? Can I just spend cash to unlock the ones I want? I've been playing the career mode, and I'm stuck using the F4 or some other crappy plane they provide me.

I would try to host, my the time I tried it was red in the icon lol

I'm so confused. How do I unlock airplanes? Can I just spend cash to unlock the ones I want? I've been playing the career mode, and I'm stuck using the F4 or some other crappy plane they provide me.

You need to play the co-op mode, win credits and then use the hangar to buy/upgrade planes you'll slowly unlock.

No planes on Campaign mode

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I would try to host, my the time I tried it was red in the icon lol

You need to play the co-op mode, win credits and then use the hangar to buy/upgrade planes you'll slowly unlock.

No planes on Campaign mode

Lol I see. Haven't played co-op yet so I kept thinking I was doing something wrong.

Sent a friend request.

I'm not sure yet how we'll handle it, but I might try hosting the room since the ping doesn't really matter too much in Infinity.

So under connections, the highlighted sections are "connect" and "Server List" I can't seem to figure out where to input the address and port.

Aerocrane

We have a full lobby, if there are any others wanting in, let me know via a PM and I'll let you know if we have a open slot.

So under connections, the highlighted sections are "connect" and "Server List" I can't seem to figure out where to input the address and port.
Press connect and in the server address box enter 185.16.85.83:10011

Shandy

Good games, guys. Man, nothing like playing with people who actually know what they're doing to make you realise how shit you are. Wrecking machines, I tell you what.

mcz117chief

All right, guys, it was a blast. I hope we can do this again next week, same time ?

Yeah and next time, make sure you ALL have Morgans so we can do a crazy light show !

Top Bottom