• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really want those late game fighters but money requirements are gonna break my heart long before research and fuel do. :(

Skwerl

I have an alternative account for stat tracking purpose.
As of June 5th 11 AM eastern time,
the account has 329 points from a B ranked sortie.

It's currently ranked at 30729th place.
Sooo........over the past 12 hours or so, we had 30k players sortying.

mcz117chief

man, getting to that first 1k is gonna be pain and even bigger pain to stay there :/

Also, has somebody received the Zipang drop or do you first need the rank for it to appear in the boxes ?

mcz117chief

Wow. My rank only dropped to the 2000's since I stopped playing. That's actually pretty reassuring!

Mate, every game I play I go from 2300 to 2100. So before I even finish a game I already drop 200 places. I can't beat the damn 2000 barrier, even when I play 2v2 and I get 50k on almost every sortie. I will be glad if I stay in the 10k range by the end of this tournament.

Mate, every game I play I go from 2300 to 2100. So before I even finish a game I already drop 200 places. I can't beat the damn 2000 barrier, even when I play 2v2 and I get 50k on almost every sortie. I will be glad if I stay in the 10k range by the end of this tournament.

The rankings point are tied to the rank you earn at the end of a mission. If its A it will be in the 500-600 range. If its S it gives you 800-900.

Moby Dick 2 rank S gave me 1300.

As expected the people who pays more money are the ones who will win. It happens the same on Soul Calibur Lost Swords tournaments.

mcz117chief

The rankings point are tied to the rank you earn at the end of a mission. If its A it will be in the 500-600 range. If its S it gives you 800-900.

Moby Dick 2 rank S gave me 1300.

Thx, for the info, much appreciated :)

Man, I also played MD2 but all my teammates took attackers *GALACTIC SCALE FACEPALM* and did absolutely no damage. I managed to solo all 4 support ships and almost the whole Aigaion, didn't get past cockpit/core :/

DY_nasty

What's a Mercenary King to a PvP God?

I'll probably end up 2nd tier at best no matter what I do. That won't save the masses from the coming Squad on Squad violence that's about to ensue though. Cherish your hollow, bomber run victories.

Soon.

mcz117chief

What's a Mercenary King to a PvP God?
PvP is gonna blow in this game, it always did in Ace Combat, only in very few rare cases is it actually fun. All you will see are the good-old "infinite QAAM spirals". You can't have a fun Ace Combat competitive multiplayer without dogfight mode, but I would like to be proven false, this game has already shown that it can do almost everything extremely well, so I actually have some hope for PVP in this game.

Update: Just unlocked the f-14 skins that were in the Beta.

DY_nasty

PvP is gonna blow in this game, it always did in Ace Combat, only in very few rare cases is it actually fun. All you will see are the good-old "infinite QAAM spirals". You can't have a fun Ace Combat competitive multiplayer without dogfight mode, but I would like to be proven false, this game has already shown that it can do almost everything extremely well, so I actually have some hope for PVP in this game.

Update: Just unlocked the f-14 skins that were in the Beta.
The biggest problem with AC6 was the hacks. QAAMs are a part of life like the guy with the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle in Halo 2. It sucked, but with all the additional stuff they've managed to implement in this I have faith that they'll handle it well.

IF.

If they find a way to make the higher tier planes coexist with the others.

mcz117chief

The biggest problem with AC6 was the hacks. QAAMs are a part of life like the guy with the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle in Halo 2. It sucked, but with all the additional stuff they've managed to implement in this I have faith that they'll handle it well.

IF.

If they find a way to make the higher tier planes coexist with the others.

The best multiplayer experience I had in AC6 was playing the canyon, there it is hard to manoeuvre and you could actually get kills with something else than a QAAM.

DY_nasty

Any news how to unlock it ? Or is it just a teaser ?

Also, I asked but nobody answered so I will ask again: The Zipang, can you get it in the random drop even if you are not lt.col. ?

I'm about 30 games in past the update and I haven't got it yet.

Any news how to unlock it ? Or is it just a teaser ?

Also, I asked but nobody answered so I will ask again: The Zipang, can you get it in the random drop even if you are not lt.col. ?

Some are saying that Lt Col thing was bogus now, im nearly 40 games in and I haven't gotten it or even seen anyone else with it yet.

Don't know about Wardog yet.

DY_nasty

You mean the Zipang or Wardog or both ?

Zipang. I've seen nothing of the Wardog.

Edit: Just saw one. It looked badass lol

Also, just saw the Meteorite event... shit was cray

and my host disconnected on me too

DY_nasty

I take it back. Getting into the 1st tier shouldn't be that hard at all.

Getting to this fucking Su-35 though... The addition of special weapons to the research tree has screwed me.

greyskull

Do we have anything set up for adding friends? I don't have any on my PS3, would love to at least get the stocked fuel from the "Everyone's Sortie" campaign.

DY_nasty

Do we have anything set up for adding friends? I don't have any on my PS3, would love to at least get the stocked fuel from the "Everyone's Sortie" campaign.

On page 2, I think. There's a google doc with everyone from GAF on it.

Also you don't need to be a Lt. Col for the Zipang

I just got it ;)

Also you don't need to be a Lt. Col for the Zipang

I just got it ;)

= (

Edit: Got it on my 2nd game tonight.
Man you don't really notice the F14 upgrades till you start over with the Zipang at LV1
special weapon is garbage.

So many idiots on Moby Dick.
Jesus if there is 1 minute+ left, take out the fighters first!

Zocano

Hi, AceGAF, finally started playing a bunch of this yesterday (and tonight). Enjoying it a decent amount but grindgrindgrind.

So many idiots on Moby Dick.
Jesus if there is 1 minute+ left, take out the fighters first!

Shouldn't you want to just aim for the actual TGTs?

EmpReb

Banned
Hi, AceGAF, finally started playing a bunch of this yesterday (and tonight). Enjoying it a decent amount but grindgrindgrind.

Thats what I think and most of freaking threats are from Moby firing a bajillion missles at me. The faster that bastard goes down the better

To S it you have to kill all the fighters, if you have it all the way down to the cockpit with 1:30 left go kill them first.

Meneses

I think he means when there's just the cockpit / core left, most of the time there will still be fighters around so the team can try to get the S rank.

I've been lucky in that regard, except for 1 time when I started playing when someone finished the mission with about one minute left and a bajillion fighters still around.

Other than that time, everyone tries to squeeze the most points out of the mission.

I love that Tokyo has reprisal as it's theme.

Plus I wonder what will be the special raid mission after the agaion? My gut tells me Stonehenge, but I would LOVE an arkbird mission.

I think he means when there's just the cockpit / core left, most of the time there will still be fighters around so the team can try to get the S rank.

I've been lucky in that regard, except for 1 time when I started playing when someone finished the mission with about one minute left and a bajillion fighters still around.

Other than that time, everyone tries to squeeze the most points out of the mission.

Its frustrating because we get it down so fast every time with only a fighter or two left and people always rush to finish it.
about 6 times in a row.

Am I alone in thinking they should bring back the colored smoke trails for missiles?
It would really help with a billion people firing on the same target.

Zocano

Oh. All 3 times I've done the mission, the group I was with wasn't even able to finish it so |:

In fact most missions I do right now we never "complete" it, just time out.

glaurung

Oh. All 3 times I've done the mission, the group I was with wasn't even able to finish it so |:

In fact most missions I do right now we never "complete" it, just time out.
PUGs suck. These are players who have no experience, never touch the campaign mode, don't learn the ropes etc.

Collect a genuine squadron, schedule your sorties, use voice comms, practice. That is how you can get S-ranks.

Meneses

Its frustrating because we get it down so fast every time with only a fighter or two left and people always rush to finish it.
about 6 times in a row.

To be fair, if someone plays that mission for the first time, it's easy to feel a bit overwhelmed by it, so maybe you were unlucky and always got a newcomer on those missions.

I know that on my first time playing the Moby Dick mission, I wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible, since I was being destroyed on my basic aircraft. Of course, I was nowhere near going for the cockpit, so there was no chance of me ending the mission earlier without knowing it, but I can see new people not knowing exactly what to do.

People could also be thinking that a faster time helps the S-rank, or something.

Anyway, I'm sure most people realize after the first time that they need to actually shoot down all the fighters to get the S-rank.

Zocano

PUGs suck. These are players who have no experience, never touch the campaign mode, don't learn the ropes etc.

Collect a genuine squadron, schedule your sorties, use voice comms, practice. That is how you can get S-ranks.

I already have a hard enough time getting a group for DotA, I'm gonna be pugging this game for the foreseeable forever, so that is out of the question.

Gonna have to stick with grindgrindgrind until I get a decent loadout and whatnot.

Also, is the allocation of research after each mission random? It feels like it just randomly picks which potential parts/planes get research points.

mcz117chief

June 6th 1995

The most important event in the Ace Combat timeline took place today 19 years ago !

Mandatory watch for all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbC0wsgtBc#t=1344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzLFDr8DWk#t=363

Wd2.jpg

Belkannuclear.png

Man I had to switch back to the standard F14 until I can get the Zipang leveled up.
I dropped from 45k a game with the standard Lv5 F14 to low 20's with Lv1 Zipang.
Its slow as hell, missiles suck, and the special weapon is terrible.

glaurung

Man I had to switch back to the standard F14 until I can get the Zipang leveled up.
I dropped from 45k a game with the standard Lv5 F14 to low 20's with Lv1 Zipang.
Its slow as hell, missiles suck, and the special weapon is terrible.
Heh. Reading this made me compare Infinity with MMORPGs, where you need to level alts and juggle your main with them.

Heh. Reading this made me compare Infinity with MMORPGs, where you need to level alts and juggle your main with them.

LOL.

Had 8 research reports and used them all on the Zipang at the same time.
80% to Lv3 but I ran out of fuel and spent my 300,000 credits on the campaign mission so its going to take a while.

deim0s

LOL.

Had 8 research reports and used them all on the Zipang at the same time.
80% to Lv3 but I ran out of fuel and spent my 300,000 credits on the campaign mission so its going to take a while.

You should've bought the dlc. :/

Anyway... just got my Zipang and the MiG-29 - beut!

Probably going to stick to the F14 till i get some cash and level them up.

DY_nasty

You should've bought the dlc. :/

Anyway... just got my Zipang and the MiG-29 - beut!

Probably going to stick to the F14 till i get some cash and level them up.
The MiG-29 is a really good plane. It would probably be my go to set if I didn't have my F-18E at level 5.

mcz117chief

I hope you guys read my post. This is the most important event in the history of Ace Combat and you should treat it as such.

Anyway, don't forget about tommorow. Anybody has a TeamSpeak server where we could gather ?

sholvaco

Neo Member
Bought:

-Elite Mercenary Contract set (x4) and Elite Mercenary Contract (x1)
-Additional Plant Investment Contract (x1)

Received five Add'l Plant Investment Contracts and one Mercenary Contract in game.

Who do I complain to? NamBan or Sony. Anybody know the e-mail address for PSN store support for "shit" countries that don't have their own PSN?

Top Bottom