• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Aerocrane

Nice work. Do you have one for Wizard or Sorcerer Squadron from Zero?

Take your pick:
TyJDNkT.png
xxonkyE.png

I have work to do it seems :) Most of those seem to already be .pngs so they'd only need a resize.

cj_iwakura

Image1as6.png

This one reminds me a lot of the styles I saw displayed at a battleship museum stationed in Alabama. They had a cartoonish flair to them.

Aquila

Modified it to fit the size restrictions, so it should appear transparent.
6s2H7ae.png

Pleasant surprise, thanks. I kind of just nabbed it and logged off last night.

I failed to break 10k ranking for the tournament after only using supplied fuel. While I like the F/A-18, it just seems that a lot more people have higher level or max tier aircraft already. It's hard work to not be reckless and win mvp with a level one plane. Maybe it is just the time of day that I normally play? I tend to get lobbies full of bizarre tags and/or from Japan.

mcz117chief

Aerocrane, you are doing a fantastic job, thank you :)

edit: Aren't those avatars a bit too small ? Mine is considerably bigger, or maybe I am just seeing things

Aerocrane

Went and hunted down the images. I bet if anyone would appreciate them, Project Aces fans would. ;)

Really nice!

This is what my desktop looks like thanks to all this image editing I've done:

edit: Aren't those avatars a bit too small ? Mine is considerably bigger, or maybe I am just seeing things

In the control panel it says:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 120 pixels or 50.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
Just to be safe I make sure that every image is under both the dimension and the size limit. Makes the avatars a bit more consistent in size too.

mcz117chief

In the control panel it says:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 120 pixels or 50.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
Just to be safe I make sure that every image is under both the dimension and the size limit. Makes the avatars a bit more consistent in size too.

Yeah, mine is also 100X120 (100x119 actually I think) but the Indigo one looks really small and I can't really read any of the letters on the other embles

edit: I see now, you are leaving big borders on them, well, not on all, but on some

edit2: well, I guess only the Indigo one is borked, others are fine

Aerocrane

Yeah, mine is also 100X120 (100x119 actually I think) but the Indigo one looks really small and I can't really read any of the letters on the other embles

edit: I see now, you are leaving big borders on them, well, not on all, but on some

No sleep for me then, I'll post them fixed up later.

Aerocrane

Can't do anything about the plain roundels, the text is going to be small on those and the Mobius roundel. Did a bit of trim for a few though.
I might edit a few of the avatars that are just resized .png files to remove the shadows.
Here's every avatar in a single post, at least until I get around finishing the 19th Task Force emblem.

AV08tbv.png
FrU5CdG.png
tGUNavA.png
iLdm3yq.png
4RmWjlU.png
G0VA8zO.png
DKenZFl.png

l0cBF1x.png
45ORr50.png
Ue2VF5K.png
qdY93Ao.png
weiHqrC.png
Mmda0Sf.png
PP9sCfL.png

Wardog claimed by dubc35
Mobius claimed by Aquila
Sorcerer claimed by cj_iwakura
Razgriz claimed by Rizing

How in the world do you S rank "Far Eastern Front"?

Lol @ that creepy Kei Nagase in your avatar, Specter :D

LOL I was going to add an Aces of Razgriz or Warwolf emblem in the background.
I was looking through my saved AC pics and saw that trailer screencap from Assault Horizon of "Nagase" in the background.
Got me laughing recalling that I thought she was going to play a big role in AH especially with the Project Nagase stuff. Used Nagase from 5 because the cap is such low quality.

mcz117chief

I got back into the top thousand 3 times but as soon as my fuel was out I dropped off a cliff. And that was with 100+ fuels.
I was #130 that first day and that was that

So how far were you when the tournament ended ?
I guess there really was no hope againts those triple sortie whales

So how far were you when the tournament ended ?
I guess there really was no hope againts those triple sortie whales
Around 2,050 last I checked.

Lets see I bought 20 fuel X2, 60 fuel x1 and got another 20 with the campaign pass.
I was #130 after my first 20, dropped to 1000's bought more fuel got back in the 400's dropped to 1500s, bought 60 got into the 500's dropped to 2000's,
campaign fuel got me to 900's then I dropped to 2000's again.

Seems like a lot to blow on this game but at least I got a satisfying amount out of the game instead of 5 little games here and there.

I want to know why MDII hates me so much.
probably around 175 sorties and only seen it once and the dang host left right before the countdown ended.

I was in the top 1000 for the first couple of days, but I ended up dropping off as well. Lack of fuel and work suck :(

Last time I checked I was in the high 2000's

mcz117chief

Managed to land on the 781 rank with 133193 points :D

I am never doing that anymore X________X I really wanted the Phoenix emblem.

Yeah, I wanted it to, but I was not worth all that money I would have to spend

Edit: Got another Dicky Moe 2, got an S rank and 55k credits with it :D

Zocano

Hit First Lieutenant but I've got hardly any credits for research and don't want to use the over-consumption thing cause then I would get to physically play less so I'll just stick to slowly grinding it out

I'm never gonna get the Zipang drop..... ;_;

I have put in at least 50 sorties already and no luck at all.
I have gotten the normal F-14 skins drops at least 7 times now though! fml

It's one of my favorite plane skins ever too. Just so damn classy...

COME ON INFINITY GIVE IT TO MEH

glaurung

Squeezed off two sorties between the E3 press conferences last night.

Realized something: the game does not have a replay option.

Aerocrane

Was the ability to use >1 fuel only for the tournament?

Forced Sorties were a timed event previously, but according to the wiki now they will be on ever weekend.
Namco going to bleed your wallet dry.

"Every weekend, starting on Fridays at 4 AM GMT and ending on Mondays at 4 AM GMT, the Forced Sortie event takes place. Forced Sortie allows players to earn more rewards by spending extra fuel.

Using 2 fuel instead of 1 during Online Co-Op Missions will award the player with 2.10x credits, 2.10x research, two limited time drops and 2x Mercenary King Tournament points.
Using 3 fuel instead of 1 will award the player with 3.50x the credits, 3.50x the research, three limited time drops and 3x tournament points.
Players cannot spend more than three fuel cells on one mission.

Forced Sortie is an optional feature - players do not have to participate in the event, and can continue to use one fuel cell per mission as normal, which will not affect their rewards or statistics in any way."
http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Sortie_Fuel#Forced_Sortie

dubc35

^ Actually works out pretty well for me as I don't have much free time. I can hammer out some 2x or 3x sorties, usually get some stocked fuel as a drop, use that, then free time is up!

Would royally suck if I had a bunch of gaming time though. :(

Pro tip: If you don't want to spend money on Ace Combat, have kids! Spoiler:
kids are much more expensive than fuel in AC.

Top Bottom