• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Bajan32

Loads of fun playing with you guys. Finally got a couple S ranks lol. Colossal and MC, you guys cant be on the same team next time lol. Hopefully we sortie again next week.

Rizing

Neo Member
That forced sortie is ridiculously addictive.
So much damn credits and unlocks after one match.
running out of stock fuel.

Is this life?

Currently saving up for F-15E, damn thing is like 420k or so

I have three questions guys, if any of you can answer those i would be grateful.

- is it possible to play it offline?
- whats the download size?
- is it shitty like the last Ace Combat game or awesome like older ones?

Demonlord of the round table out!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have three questions guys, if any of you can answer those i would be grateful.

no offline play at all. you have to sign in to play campaign
3.2 gigs
god no, its arguably the best gameplay of the series imo - and they got rid of the shitty dogfight mechanic too.

mcz117chief

is it possible to play it offline? - yes, but you need to be connected to the PSN network
whats the download size? - about 3 gigs
is it shitty like the last Ace Combat game or awesome like older ones? - It is a good mix between classic and Assault Horizon

"Demonlord of the round table out!"? Pft, already taken, mate.

shitty dogfight mechanic

Dogfight mode is not shitty. It has it's purpose in Assault Horizon and works well, you just have to realize that Assault Horizon plays differently than classic Ace Combat games. Also, thx to it we have the best competitive multiplayer yet.

Aerocrane

That forced sortie is ridiculously addictive.
So much damn credits and unlocks after one match.
running out of stock fuel.

Is this life?

Currently saving up for F-15E, damn thing is like 420k or so

You're playing into the hands (pockets?) of Namco. Use mercenary contracts instead of wasting fuel on forced sorties to earn credits faster, unless you feel that research is a terrible grind.

Your avatar is not transparent, but this should be transparent and within NeoGAF's avatar size limits.

uJQoysM.png

no offline play at all. you have to sign in to play campaign
3.2 gigs
god no, its arguably the best gameplay of the series imo - and they got rid of the shitty dogfight mechanic too.

is it possible to play it offline? - yes, but you need to be connected to the PSN network
whats the download size? - about 3 gigs
is it shitty like the last Ace Combat game or awesome like older ones? - It is a good mix between classic and Assault Horizon

"Demonlord of the round table out!"? Pft, already taken, mate.

Dogfight mode is not shitty. It has it's purpose in Assault Horizon and works well, you just have to realize that Assault Horizon plays differently than classic Ace Combat games. Also, thx to it we have the best competitive multiplayer yet.

Thanks guys, will download it soon, would be awesome to play with some of you guys.

Rizing

Neo Member
You're playing into the hands (pockets?) of Namco. Use mercenary contracts instead of wasting fuel on forced sorties to earn credits faster, unless you feel that research is a terrible grind.

Your avatar is not transparent, but this should be transparent and within NeoGAF's avatar size limits.

uJQoysM.png

Many thanks for the image!

Im using mercenary contracts along with forced sortie. Im getting 60k-70k+ per match.

EmpReb

Banned
Sorry have not been around much. Oil Change, Belmont stakes(poor Chrome) and PC gaming make even AC:I not happen as much as I like... oh and dibs on Mobus or Garuda.... when I get them.

dubc35

I didn't realize credits were so hard to come by (maybe not?). I have been eying the F/A-18F for a while (only bought the F-14A so far). When it opened up for 150k I only had 100k. Dat grind.

dubc35

Merc contract + forced fuel = $$,$$$

What is the merc contract? Forced fuel meaning stocked? Sorry, I'm old and I'm still not up to par on the ps3/360 gen. I would be completely baffled by ps4/x1 games, lol.

I got the F/A-18F tonight; very nice aircraft. Now, to level it up and upgrade parts!

[edit] love that Wardog emblem!

Man you just can't stay competitive in this tournament unless you are putting hundreds into fuel.
Gone through 70 fuels and was #130, S rank nearly every mission scoring 35K-48K.
Run out of fuel and drop into the 2,000s, buy a little more fuel and every match im jumping 60- 100 players until I run out again.

What is the merc contract? Forced fuel meaning stocked?

When you select your fuel at the start of the match you can use more than 1 this doubles your earnings.
definitely do this for Moby Dick.

Merc contract just means you earn more.

Lockon

Playing casually right now. haven't bought campaign ticket yet but might soon.

I'm not very good at this game I think. I do fine each mission but usually have 2-4 people get higher points than me. My best yet is 45004 pts on Alps Air Corridor. My current plane of choice is super hornet.

Also I alway laugh when next set of enemies pop up after you clear the first wave, most people including me alway go farm the planes that just spawned trying to rack up points.

Edit: Yes! finally got the Zipang!

Aerocrane

Here's some avatars! They all should be within the filesize and dimension restrictions so the transparency should work ok!

SBEBpI7.png

NNI0WvP.png

jQAxnwd.png

Aerocrane

How do I unlock Zipang? I keep getting the schemes but the aircraft remains greyed out in the special development tree.

The F-14A -Zipang- is a Limited-Time Drop, you're probably getting the F-14A Normal Skin #01 Limited-Time Drop which is a skin for the F-14A Tomcat with three colour variations.

Welp, bought the campaign pass for mission 5.
There is just no way im going to be able to save up to 400,000 credits for a single mission vs plane upgrades.

Dear God the Zipang at Lv 5 feels like the the most agile plane I recall in an Ace Combat.

Zocano

Welp, bought the campaign pass for mission 5.
There is just no way im going to be able to save up to 400,000 credits for a single mission vs plane upgrades.

Dear God the Zipang at Lv 5 feels like the the most agile plane I recall in an Ace Combat.

Yah the Zipang's stats scale really insanely, but I'm sure the last captain-rank planes will feel about the same.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Probably,
after using it though I can't even imagine a Lv5 F22 let alone the next five upgrades for the Zipang.

I''ll have the su-35 before the end of the day definitely. But that T-50... I can only imagine the pricetag just to get to level 3

cj_iwakura

uJQoysM.png

Nice work. Do you have one for Wizard or Sorcerer Squadron from Zero?

Top Bottom