• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

mcz117chief

Saw it on AC Skies from twitter.
Not until the 17th I think.

Yup, got it in a notification just now. It will be a "mini-tournament" as they say, going from the 17th until the 20th. They say the reward will be given to people who will achieve "the required rank" so probably another "who pays/plays more wins all the stuff" :/

Edit:

1-1000: Skin; nickname: God of Destruction, The 30mm Aesthetic ;credits: 75k
1001-5000: Skin; nickname: The 30mm Aesthetic ;credits: 55k
5001-10000: Skin; credits: 25k
10001-50000: credits: 15k; items: 5 aircraft research reports, 5 special weapon research reports
50001-100000: credits: 10k, items: 3 aircraft research reports, 3 special weapon research reports

Aerocrane

Yup, got it in a notification just now. It will be a "mini-tournament" as they say, going from the 17th until the 20th. They say the reward will be given to people who will achieve "the required rank" so probably another "who pays/plays more wins all the stuff" :/

I will be away on that weekend :((( Not that I'd have enough money to spend on fuel to be competitive anyway...

I think I clearly reached the grinding point for the Wait-to-play player.

Every plane costs 100.000+ to make and a single match (unless is a Moby Dick mission) gives like 5-7k.

All I can do is try to get as most "free" stocked fuel as I can and wait for weekends.

Wow my speed is maxed out on my Lv6 Zipang.
Speed parts show that I would have an A if I equip it but when I do it stays B+.

Tokyo is so damn hard to get an S on in campaign.
Edit:Nvm got it this time, contrary to what some have said you don't need to have an S at the competition part to get it.

^ Actually works out pretty well for me as I don't have much free time. I can hammer out some 2x or 3x sorties, usually get some stocked fuel as a drop, use that, then free time is up!

Would royally suck if I had a bunch of gaming time though. :(

Pro tip: If you don't want to spend money on Ace Combat, have kids! Spoiler:
kids are much more expensive than fuel in AC.

Haha, funny story but last weekend my 3 month boy woke up from a nap right while I was playing AC:I with full surround and everything (probably my fault altho it was low..)

So I went to 10k altitude, went to grab him and went back to finish the mission with him resting on me.

He fell asleep in record fucking time. I shot like two missiles looked down and he was snoozing away with awesome AC music blaring from all directions.

Hayato might just be a future fighter pilot in the making!

I hope so because that was my dream as a kid until my eye sight went to SHIT in 6th grade. Dem feels from Little Ms. Sunshine man....dem feels.

cafemomo

I wish you can place your own emblems in the game

I'd totally rock this from Assault Horizon Legacy

Cocoon_Squadron_Patch.png

Aerocrane

Avatars! Might have another done some time in the future:108th Task Force Shooter Squadron
New avatars: 19th Task Force ACES and Ridgebacks

AV08tbv.png
FrU5CdG.png
tGUNavA.png
iLdm3yq.png
4RmWjlU.png
G0VA8zO.png
DKenZFl.png
qZHrKmh.png
I7BGz1x.png

l0cBF1x.png
45ORr50.png
Ue2VF5K.png
qdY93Ao.png
weiHqrC.png
Mmda0Sf.png
PP9sCfL.png
oIJ4pCP.png
OSAqUnO.png

C0yvgse.png
7XbbQ5c.png
Kq4RStx.png
TWb5ATI.png
mUcKMy4.png
9LVsJ4O.png
0kcQugT.png
7MPrRjV.png
nEisJsn.png

RMWsBBf.png
9Sd9qYv.png
ANgIv26.png
3Mer8Qi.png
lZD7lHD.png
yDJnxQL.png
YFouth6.png
N5Zcikz.png
zoSjBIr.png

ibzjwhuSgkONmM.png
ib006Cz2aWP5Q3.png

Wardog claimed by dubc35
Mobius claimed by Aquila
Sorcerer claimed by cj_iwakura
Razgriz claimed by Rizing
Albireo claimed by Darkologia

Zocano

Avatars! Should have another three done later: Ridgebacks, 108th Task Force Shooter Squadron and 19th Task Force ACES

Wardog claimed by dubc35
Mobius claimed by Aquila
Sorcerer claimed by cj_iwakura
Razgriz claimed by Rizing

Awesome of you to make these buuuut...

Where's the Penguin ): I want my Emperor Penguin

mcz117chief

Today in the world of Strangereal: 12th June 1995

A large number of Belkan troops refusing to acknowledge the change in government take refuge in the Yering Mine in Mt. Schirm, and are taken out through Ustio intervention. Patrick James Beckett, Crow Squadron's number 3 becomes Galm 2.

Aerocrane

1KXgkQb.gif

NeoGAF sortie details!!!
Guys, today (14th of June) we have another GAF sortie at 5:00pm GMT (10:00am PDT, 1:00pm EDT, 7:00pm CEST)

We will be using the same TS server as last time
Server details.

I almost forgot, I won't be able to participate this week. Do we have anyone else who is able to host a room? I'll set a password on the Ace Combat Infinity channel in the TeamSpeak server to keep random people away.

Gibbo

So i managed to get my PS3 working again after 6 months. First thing I did was to install Infinity. Mind if I join you guys?

Whats the general consensus on the campaign pass? worth buying?

Zocano

Just did a Moby Dick Pursuit III (we only got B rank womp) but got 200k creds from it, was kinda astonished at the amount. It was with 3 fuel supplied, also.

Naked Lunch

This game needs to have like 30 missions with more added regularly. Why would they think people would want to play the same 5 missions over and over? Its gotten to the point where I have all the enemy locations of these levels memorized - and I know exactly where the next wave will appear. The gameplay and music are great but there's just no content. Its getting boring very fast. Perhaps the PvP stuff will fix this.

sholvaco

Neo Member
Anybody trying to complete the new Typhoon challenge?

I'm literally on the verge of tears, it's such a painfully mind numbing chore. The HCAA has got to be the most useless weapon in the game: slow of the rail, cant track for shit, super limited amount... By the time I manage to land two on a target the kill is often registered to somebody else; altering between these and regular missiles in a vain attempt to maximize HCAA kill count makes it even worse.

You are supposed to destroy 500 targets with this shit and the most I get per sortie is 2% increase towards completion, if I'm lucky. Not to mention that chasing the goal is completely destroying my performance: my matching rank dropped from high 1600s to damn near 1500s.

Any word of advice on this?

mcz117chief

Anybody trying to complete the new Typhoon challenge?

I'm literally on the verge of tears, it's such a painfully mind numbing chore. The HCAA has got to be the most useless weapon in the game: slow of the rail, cant track for shit, super limited amount... By the time I manage to land two on a target the kill is often registered to somebody else; altering between these and regular missiles in a vain attempt to maximize HCAA kill count makes it even worse.

You are supposed to destroy 500 targets with this shit and the most I get per sortie is 2% increase towards completion, if I'm lucky. Not to mention that chasing the goal is completely destroying my performance: my matching rank dropped from high 1600s to damn near 1500s.

Any word of advice on this?

Not worth the tedium. I don't have the Typhoon yet but unless the challenge would provide me with 20 fuel I wouldn't care.

Aerocrane

Even though I'm unable to participate in today's sortie I will be on my PC so if there are any issues with the TeamSpeak, throw me a PM and I'll sort it out. I hope someone steps up and is able to host a room.

As advance notice, I won't be able to participate in next week's sortie either because I won't be home on the weekend.

Did anybody else have trouble joining any games last night? Every time I tried to join a game I got sent right back to the lobby, along with all of the other players.

how did
edge and slash
make it to this version of the world
Nagase is in every world.
She has an unnamed American twin in Coyote squadron in Assault Horizon and exits herself as a Japanese pilot in the Japanese Defense Force of Assault Horizon's universe.

And hey anyone that ever sees this movie
R2B_Return_to_Base-poster.jpg

and thanks "could be good, F-15 dogfight action"
avoid!
literally jammed Top Gun and Assault Horizon together but worse than you can imagine.(and im someone that loves both of those)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Never been a huge AC fan, but the fact that Infinity is F2P and reading this thread have got me pumped to give it a try.

I'll follow that guide posted on the 1st page, but I'm not sure if I can drop money for the campaign yet. Can you do challenges/online play straight off the bat after completing the first 2 missions?

mcz117chief

Never been a huge AC fan, but the fact that Infinity is F2P and reading this thread have got me pumped to give it a try.

I'll follow that guide posted on the 1st page, but I'm not sure if I can drop money for the campaign yet. Can you do challenges/online play straight off the bat after completing the first 2 missions?

You can play multiplayer right from the start, but the 1st two missions are 5 minutes each so give them a chance.

Someone compiled a zip of them a while back.

Are these all or are there more ? I would love some HD 7 Pillars of Belka

Top Bottom