• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

EGOMON

I only found it in the Alps and Pipeline destruction and it just flies straight without trying anything. This is balanced by the fact that the time you spend climbing so high is the time you could have beeen shooting stuff near the ground (read as: everything else).
Yeah i found it in Pipeline Destruction once

Decided to test the QAAMs with my Zipang...
What is even the point? They are nerfed to hell, quess I will stick to my 6AAM.
I use QAAM all the time (MiG-29A) and i like them sure they aren't OP but they really have a good homing capability.
I always them against planes with high maneuverability like the Raptor i first strike with QAAM to weaken it then i finish it with normal missile this way i preserve my special missiles

Yeah i found it in Pipeline Destruction once

I use QAAM all the time (MiG-29A) and i like them sure they aren't OP but they really have a good homing capability.
I always them against planes with high maneuverability like the Raptor i first strike with QAAM to weaken it then i finish it with normal missile this way i preserve my special missiles
Mine were missing almost every shot, even extremely easy ones.
IDK maybe if I used them a little more I would get back into the hang of it, I despised the HCAAs at first but really used them well by the time I unlocked 6AAM.

EGOMON

Mine were missing almost every shot, even extremely easy ones.
IDK maybe if I used them a little more I would get back into the hang of it, I despised the HCAAs at first but really used them well by the time I unlocked 6AAM.

Well yeah me too i didn't know how to use them at first but after a period of time i now know when is the right moment to launch a QAAM there is that sweet spot you just know its going to hit if you understand what i mean.

BTW i am planning to research the 6AAM are they One-Hit-Kill missiles? i mostly going to use them in Moby Dick pursuits

BTW i am planning to research the 6AAM are they One-Hit-Kill missiles? i mostly going to use them in Moby Dick pursuits
Lv2 6AAM seem to take out the weaker stuff with 1 hit.
If not 1 hit its about 95% damage. 85% on F22s.

*im not 100% certain though because I do tend to double fire at times,
but that said the upgrade is definitely worth it.
Only thing the 6AAMs need is more range, you need to be pretty close for lock on, though it is further than standard.
And on my lv8 Zipang at least, I get 48 of them.

EGOMON

Lv2 6AAM seem to take out the weaker stuff with 1 hit.
If not 1 hit its about 95% damage. 85% on F22s.

*im not 100% certain though because I do tend to double fire at times,
but that said the upgrade is definitely worth it.
Only thing the 6AAMs need is more range, you need to be pretty close for lock on, though it is further than standard.
And on my lv8 Zipang at least, I get 48 of them.

Sounds good to me but boy the research is taking ages to complete i have the money am just waiting it to unlock

EGOMON

LOL yup, not only is it slow but it always wants to research everything but 6AAMs.
lol exactly! at first i thought it was a bug so i used one of the few special weapons research tickets i have to kick-start it but still the game is ignoring it exclusively XD

Tell me about it, I am trying to get my Zipang ready for the tournament but it only got research once during the past few days (luckily after MDII so it went from 0% to 100% in one go :D) so it is still only lvl 3 :(

Update: guys, check this out http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Bacura

lol wtf are we fighting rectangles now?!!
But i like the lore behind it looks like its the next event or maybe another emergency sortie

#5 atm but man this shit sucks, PA really didn't think this tournament out.

Edit:LOL #1 that won't last long.
Am I crazy for wishing they would eventually add an F-14B?

mcz117chief

pEXi2qZ.jpg

EGOMON

woah! Moby pursuit III !!
Never played one what new/different?

Also i Fuckin hate all F-14A planes i just can't fly them and yet people gets MVP with them!
They are so slow at turning no agility at all my average score went from 28k to 12k so am giving up on the event they are a pain to fly.

mcz117chief

Also i Fuckin hate all F-14A planes i just can't fly them and yet people gets MVP with them!
They are so slow at turning no agility at all my average score went from 28k to 12k so am giving up on the event they are a pain to fly.

MD III has no Nimbus missiles, instead it bombards you with LASER BEAMZ, like this...
IMMA%20FIRIN'%20MAH%20LAZER%202_1705.gif

And is made of solid gold...maybe :p

Anyway, those F14s, it depends on the lvl, those MVP maniacs are usually good players with lvl 6+ planes and high-tier parts and high lvl special weapons to boot.

EGOMON

MD III has no Nimbus missiles, instead it bombards you with LASER BEAMZ, like this...
IMMA%20FIRIN'%20MAH%20LAZER%202_1705.gif

And is made of solid gold...maybe :p

Anyway, those F14s, it depends on the lvl, those MVP maniacs are usually good players with lvl 6+ planes and high-tier parts and high lvl special weapons to boot.

lol damn that gif was enough to imagine the Moby III pursuit all over my face with that gold please!

Oh yeah their slots are fully loaded and the range on their SW are frustrating i spend the whole match chasing dead targets lol

Also isn't there a ranking for matches? i mean Raptors, T-50 and the F35 lightning II shouldn't be playing with mid-tier planes like F16, F/A18, MiG-29A etc

mcz117chief

lol damn that gif was enough to imagine the Moby III pursuit all over my face with that gold please!

Oh yeah their slots are fully loaded and the range on their SW are frustrating i spend the whole match chasing dead targets lol

Also isn't there a ranking for matches? i mean Raptors, T-50 and the F35 lightning II shouldn't be playing with mid-tier planes like F16, F/A18, MiG-29A etc

when you host you can set the game to have either wide or narrow visibility, with wide anyone can join. And besides, even people with low rank can, given enough time, reach the top tier planes.

The Zipang is God-like from Lv4 upwards,

Well that certainly makes up for the MDII of mine you couldn't join.

My lvl 4 Zippang is nowhere near close to my lvl 6 Eagle
Technically, but the Zipang just feels right. Great slots, weapons count, stability is great, maneuverability.

I'd still take a lv5+ Zipang over a lv 4 F22.(though much past a Lv5 F22 its just too good)
Wardog would be even better, higher base stats and 19 slots each even before the huge upgrade.

mcz117chief

Technically, but the Zipang just feels right. Great slots, weapons count, stability is great, maneuverability.

I'd still take a lv5+ Zipang over a lv 4 F22.

Eagle performs better in every way: faster, more maneuverable, can high-g more, faster deceleration, better stall recovery, more powerfull weapons

even my stats reflect that: Zippang average = 28k (max 41k); Eagle = 40k (max 77k)

Eagle performs better in every way: faster, more maneuverable, can high-g more, faster deceleration, better stall recovery, more powerfull weapons

even my stats reflect that: Zippang average = 28k (max 41k); Eagle = 40k (max 77k)

After the tournament I guess I will give it another shot. The 4 times I used it at Lv4 I just wasn't into it.

After the tournament I will hopefully be in a Wardog haze :)
LOL
hopefully the same here I was still #1 when I got off but im scared to check now.

Wonder what legacy plane is next, think they would hold off on Mobius F22 and Razgriz for a while.
Assault Horizon stuff will probably be in a mini-tournament instead.

mcz117chief

LOL
hopefully the same here I was still #1 when I got off but im scared to check now.

Wonder what legacy plane is next, think they would hold off on Mobius F22 and Razgriz for a while.
Assault Horizon stuff will probably be in a mini-tournament instead.

Probably F-15 from Zero, seeing as they are the next tier after F-14

mcz117chief

Pls that guy was a scrub, coudnt destroy ground targets if his life depended on it.

Sad but true, poor PJ is no replacement for Pixy and besides, his plane is pretty unremarkable
F-16c_pj.jpg

Could you guys even choose between these two ?

Pixy_%26_Cipher.png

Did you notice how Cipher's F-15 looks exactly like Mobius 1's F-15 :)

EGOMON

The Zipang is God-like from Lv4 upwards,
The Zipang is the annoying F14A i was talking about they somehow have more slots and their 6AAM have crazy range but as mcz said they are probably lvl4 and upward.

Personally I've been flying lvl 5 MiG-29A exclusively and i am about to unlock the Su-35 Flanker i just hope it fly as good as the Fulcrum.
BTW what is the max upgrade level for planes?

Skwerl

at around 500... this shit is suffering ;___;

I probably should start working on upgrading F-15C now.............buddy.

at around 500... this shit is suffering ;___;

I probably should start working on upgrading F-15C now.............buddy.

I would be so pissed after all this if the next tournament ended up being Razgriz related.

I might sit out the next tournament though unless its something really good.

mcz117chief

Lads, great news. Just got my new internet setup so now I have insane upload (30mbps) so I can host anytime :)

Oh yeah, and can we agree on tommorow again ?

Top Bottom