• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

New monthly drop is up....

extremely boosted up Morgan.
C
C
C+
B
etc

Also has a new special weapon, burst missiles.
10463981_787464371284018_1616445478620012775_n.png

mcz117chief

New monthly drop is up....

extremely boosted up Morgan.
C
C
C+
B
etc

Also has a new special weapon, burst missiles.

I was just about to freaking post that, ugh, you stole my spotlight :(

I don't expect the burst missiles to be so extremely ridiculously OP as they were in Zero but I am really looking forward to their explosion effects :)

Lol, my lvl 3 prototype morgan is not even remotely close to Pixy's Morgan :D

My new main, definitely !

02_Morgan.jpeg

Have to take it for a spin if I get one.
hopefully im not one of those guys that don't get the drop even after 200 sorties this time around.

Edit: Woodland camo for the F-2 is coming as well.

mcz117chief

Have to take it for a spin if I get one.
hopefully im not one of those guys that don't get the drop even after 200 sorties this time around.

I hear you ! How many times have you gotten the Zipang unlock ? I got it only once, I wonder if you can even get duplicates or if I were unlucky.

mcz117chief

since we are getting into personal planes
Shinden.jpg
When?

Are people fans of the plane ? It was only a DLC in one game. On the other hand, they are already in the game so all they have to do is make them playable. My guess is when you finish the final mission in the campaign you might get it.

I will be on around 8PM Eastern(when we receive our awards) for a few sorties.

Are people fans of the plane ? It was only a DLC in one game. On the other hand, they are already in the game so all they have to do is make them playable. My guess is when you finish the final mission in the campaign you might get it.
I like all the "super planes" I like that specifically because its Nagase's(Though Ridgback's is cool as well). Gameplay wise it wasn't my favorite but as Infinity has shown it can make alot of stuff more fun.
I just like the variety as well.

edit: Well, now that I think about it, that will be at 2 a.m. my time, no thanks :D
maybe sometime tomorrow then.

I'd like to actually play a round with y'all this time, so I should be around to play this evening!
I will definitely be on, got to test that Wardog.

better blow the dust off this old boy

]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/PlayStation-Analog-Joystick.jpg/1024px-PlayStation-Analog-Joystick.jpg
Reminds me that PS4 really needs one soon.

dubc35

Thinking about my upgrade path. I currently use the F/A-18 for every sortie. I was planning on stepping up to the F-35 but it looks like it will take a while to get to Captain rank to unlock it so thinking of other planes to use. I prefer multi-roles so I am now eyeing the F-15E. Are there any known skins for the F-15E? The F/A-18 has none that I now of and it bland looking. :(

mcz117chief

I currently use the F/A-18 for every sortie.

No shame in that, it is an excellent plane ;)

I was planning on stepping up to the F-35 but it looks like it will take a while to get to Captain rank to unlock it so thinking of other planes to use.

I am almost lieutenant colonel so I think you will reach captain fairly quickly and F-35 is a pretty decent plane too

I prefer multi-roles so I am now eyeing the F-15E. Are there any known skins for the F-15E? The F/A-18 has none that I now of and it bland looking. :(

F-15E is absolutely awesome, especially since it has SFFS which is super fun to use :)
So far F-15E has no special skins available in Infinity, but it will have some sooner or later, you can bet on it.

ALSO, I decide I will stay awake today so I can play with you in the Wardog planes. So you can count on me to host !

dubc35

Cool, thanks for the answers! I like the F/A-18 but wish it was a little faster. I have it at lvl 4 now and it's pretty good. I am usually top 3 overall (~1490ish rank now). I really like the LASM too.

I struggle on MD I against the F-15's in their fleet so looking to go that route, plus I love destroying ground targets so the F-15E should be capable of both. Stat wise a lvl 1 F-15E appears to be about the same as my lvl 4 F/A-18 too.

Could change but I think I'll plan on F-15E until Captain and then use the F-35.

RangerBAD

I am leaving for Dubai at around noon or 1pm CEST

Have any of you seen Yukikaze ? It seems that Ace Combat took some inspiration from it, the most badass plane in the series is from this anime, the Fenrir.

I've seen it. Some of you guys should try to watch Area 88 (OVA and TV).

If we're talking inverted wing planes then it has to be the YF-19.

casiopao

Fellow Ace Gaffers. I just started this game a week ago. So I am probably asking some nooby question here.(Still on first liutenant rank here.T_T)

Is it possible for me to only uses one plane(the first attacker plane?) As long as I keep upgrading it?

And is there any way to upgrade the Special weapon faster? I never seems to ever get the drop here.T_T

Man its hard as hell going from my lv8 Zipang with lv4 6AAMs to a lv2 Wardog with lv1 SAAMs.
struggling to break 20k a game.
Wardog them with the emblem is awesome though.

Got the F-2 skin 3 games in a row.

So sorry guys, taiwanese internet hates me so we cant play together.
Also, Morgan get!
New or regular?

Man I had a scary thought(for people without the Wardog F-14 at least),
What if the Razgriz scheme was a challenge for the Wardog owners only?

For anyone that hasn't heard the Wardog MVP theme yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYLUxjp-pbg

The new one.
Congrats, use it yet?

Fellow Ace Gaffers. I just started this game a week ago. So I am probably asking some nooby question here.(Still on first liutenant rank here.T_T)

Is it possible for me to only uses one plane(the first attacker plane?) As long as I keep upgrading it?

And is there any way to upgrade the Special weapon faster? I never seems to ever get the drop here.T_T

Hard to say but really it depends on how well you use it, I am at worst competitive with F-22s with a F-14. though if it a room full of top tiers you might have trouble.

special weapon upgrades you need to be 2nd Lt I think. Then it takes a lot of time.

Aquila

Sweet jeezus I want that Morgan. I finally got the Zipang during my last sortie, two minutes before July 1 rolled over pdt, with an S rank Moby Dick 1 where my team actually listened to holding off on the final attack.
Cool, thanks for the answers! I like the F/A-18 but wish it was a little faster. I have it at lvl 4 now and it's pretty good. I am usually top 3 overall (~1490ish rank now). I really like the LASM too.

I struggle on MD I against the F-15's in their fleet so looking to go that route, plus I love destroying ground targets so the F-15E should be capable of both. Stat wise a lvl 1 F-15E appears to be about the same as my lvl 4 F/A-18 too.

Could change but I think I'll plan on F-15E until Captain and then use the F-35.
Fair warning that the F-15E is about 408k credits. It's a lot to me at least when I'm lucky to get 8k credits per match. Now I'm comparing it to the F-35 though and wondering if I should hold off.
Man I had a scary thought(for people without the Wardog F-14 at least),
What if the Razgriz scheme was a challenge for the Wardog owners only?

For anyone that hasn't heard the Wardog MVP theme yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYLUxjp-pbg

Can't be upset losing mvp to that theme. SALUTE! I'm going to be so sad when I can't unlock the inevitable Yellow squadron and Galm team emblems and victory music.

casiopao

I guess that is true. If I am only facing planes which is around two or three level better than me, I can still take mvp rank around 40+k points to 50k.

However, when I played with morgan or other top tier planes, I am mostly only able to get 30k I guess. The speed of the plane and missiles is unable to won them.

Any good attacker planes I should focus on here?

Bajan32

Hey guys. Sorry missed last few gaf shorties. Got the new Morgan on my second run tonite. Gonna test it out tomorrow. Got Rafael up to Lol 4. So depends on how Morgan checks out all those credits to my Raf may have been a waste lol.
Ranked 6000+ in warden challenge. Was never gonna get into top 1000 anyhow lol.

Skwerl

@Razgriz-Specter
yea, TLS still sucks, upgrade is very expensive. Waiting to hear words on the streets to see if the burst missile is worth it.

Also as for attacker, I'd recommend F-15E. At lv 7 with AGM, that thing is a beast. I know it's a multirole, but that thing is FASSSSSSSSST.

Man, all these years playing Ace Combat and im finally getting the hang of SAAM sniping.
Still hate them but at least I can do something with them now.

mainly bombing and sniping with my Wardog until I get it leveled up.

@Razgriz-Specter
yea, TLS still sucks, upgrade is very expensive. Waiting to hear words on the streets to see if the burst missile is worth it.
That sucks, still want it though but no luck after 15 games.

What day are we supposed to be getting info on the next update, anyone know?
supposedly from Famitsu.

Skwerl

Man, all these years playing Ace Combat and im finally getting the hang of SAAM sniping.
Still hate them but at least I can do something with them now.

mainly bombing and sniping with my Wardog until I get it leveled up.

That sucks, still want it though but no luck after 15 games.

dont get me wrong, the base plane is better than a starting f35. I think if you sink in the money its going to be a beast.

mcz117chief

Keep the updates coming, I will be in Dubai but I will have access to internet. Hopefully I will get the Morgan once I get back :)
Remember me whenever you fly over Dubai !

glaurung

Keep the updates coming, I will be in Dubai but I will have access to internet. Hopefully I will get the Morgan once I get back :)
Remember me whenever you fly over Dubai !
Assault Horizon had a trophy for flying through the opening in that Dubai seaside hotel. Only bit of that game which did not suck.

Top Bottom