• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

The stats are pretty much like the ones in Ace Combat Zero, looking forward to it. Also, since it is a multirole it has a ton of upgrade slots, therefore you can bump it's stats way higher

Btw. great avatar update, Specter
Thanks,
I ended up doing a couple like this(Nagase Wardog and Razgriz, etc) but decided to stick with Bishop/Warwolf for a while.

Im really interested to see how further special planes are going to work out after seeing Morgan's max stats.
Razgriz, Mobius, CFA, Shinden, etc. (Also wonder if we might ever see a stat beyond S+)

Had a thought that worried me.
What if that rumor of the PVP being a limited event is true but it is a PVP tournament with a ridiculous reward for the top few spots(under 100 or 50).

mcz117chief

It's pretty obvious that morgan is a next gen fighter (along the line of cfa-44, shinden, wyvern etc.) that can benefit from upgrade parts L rather than M. Otherwise the existence of 35 upgrade slots wouldnt make much sense.

Yes, that much is obvious. We might get these new parts with the new update (we already have two L parts), considering they will enlarge the tech tree (not expecting the new planes to be random drops or challenge rewards).

Thanks,
I ended up doing a couple like this(Nagase Wardog and Razgriz, etc) but decided to stick with Bishop/Warwolf for a while.

You did good, mate. That Nagase you had behind Bishop before seemed like those "soon" pictures.

Im really interested to see how further special planes are going to work out after seeing Morgan's max stats.
Razgriz, Mobius, CFA, Shinden, etc. (Also wonder if we might ever see a stat beyond S+)

Yeah. Especially considering this is a random drop plane which everyone can get with little trouble (I hope for my sake :D ), I can expect some ridiculously OP planes being released later in tournaments (or will Scamco try to uphold a bit of balance by not giving OP planes to OP players?) but I also hope they will give us an option to make the game harder, give us more targets or both, getting anything besides an S rank now is pretty much a failure in my book.

Had a thought that worried me.
What if that rumor of the PVP being a limited event is true but it is a PVP tournament with a ridiculous reward for the top few spots(under 100 or 50).

Well, if that rumour is true then we are done f***** up. So far they kept the rewards range the same for every tournament (1-1000, 1001-5000, etc.) so I have high hopes (somewhat, I never enjoyed PvP outside of Assault Horizon and that was only because of Dogfight mode).

Yeah. Especially considering this is a random drop plane which everyone can get with little trouble (I hope for my sake :D ), I can expect some ridiculously OP planes being released later in tournaments (or will Scamco try to uphold a bit of balance by not giving OP planes to OP players?) but I also hope they will give us an option to make the game harder, give us more targets or both, getting anything besides an S rank now is pretty much a failure in my book.

Well, if that rumour is true then we are done f***** up. So far they kept the rewards range the same for every tournament (1-1000, 1001-5000, etc.) so I have high hopes (somewhat, I never enjoyed PvP outside of Assault Horizon and that was only because of Dogfight mode).

If PVP didn't potentially suck it could make for an interesting tournament since it would be more skill based. But its not all that fun without DFM and I fear the rewards would only be like 1,5,10,50,100.

Its kinda crazy how Namco is pulling this off, the F-14WD for example is something a few people would have normally bought(compared to Razgriz) at something like $5.
With Infinity you have at least the top 1,000 that had to spend $26 at the lowest to basically "buy" the plane.

Pixy's Morgan throws me off a little though, it is something many people would try to win a tournament for and has great stats yet they are "giving it away".

Skwerl

Pixy's Morgan throws me off a little though, it is something many people would try to win a tournament for and has great stats yet they are "giving it away".

I think pixy morgan is a giveaway to level the playing field. I.e. newbie who just joins can have a chance to get a generation 5 level fighter jet to fly with (and yes, I know lorewise, morgan is 4.5 gen :p)

dubc35

Once past about 1500 rank it seemed like everyone understood to wait on the cockpit of moby, however my last sortie proved that wrong. :( Wait people! Get dat moby S rank!

mcz117chief

Once past about 1500 rank it seemed like everyone understood to wait on the cockpit of moby, however my last sortie proved that wrong. :( Wait people! Get dat moby S rank!

Pro tip, always be the one who goes after fighters exclusively, there is always enough people to take down the airships so just focus on the fighters. That way, even if there is a noob who goes for the cockpit you should be already done with all fighters.

Pro tip, always be the one who goes after fighters exclusively, there is always enough people to take down the airships so just focus on the fighters. That way, even if there is a noob who goes for the cockpit you should be already done with all fighters.
Yup, you won't end up with the highest score but at least you have a better chance at an S.

dubc35

Yeah, good point. I tried that once with a lvl 3 F-18 and got a terrible score, and no S lol. I'm probably in a better state to do it now.

Anyone know where the "I will handle the air superiority" or whatever radio message is?
Seen it said in game multiple times but can't find it in the menu.

Saw this on another site, hilarious
0W3pJri.gif

(watch the white box player)

Wow. After playing today I realized that I'm going to get eaten alive in pvp by some of those Pixy Morgans. C'mon Su-35. You are my immediate hope!

Skwerl

Wow. After playing today I realized that I'm going to get eaten alive in pvp by some of those Pixy Morgans. C'mon Su-35. You are my immediate hope!

Morgan is going to be an incredibly sloppy pvp plane. If I have a choice, I'd go up in a kitted out raptor instead. The TLS inflicts about as much damage as the gun. MPBM on the other hand has piss poor tracking, so it wont do much either.

EGOMON

Anyone know where the "I will handle the air superiority" or whatever radio message is?
Seen it said in game multiple times but can't find it in the menu.

Saw this on another site, hilarious
0W3pJri.gif

(watch the white box player)

lol the exact same thing happened to me today i was trying to fly through Aigaion then out of sudden i lost control of my plane then something pulled me down and crushed XD
Also i use the radio message "Obtaining Air Superiority" haha

Zocano

Aside from that one Moby Dick event, do Pursuit II and III ever really show up? I've never ever seen either of those normally

EGOMON

Aside from that one Moby Dick event, do Pursuit II and III ever really show up? I've never ever seen either of those normally

I played Pursuit II few times but never encountered lvl III i would assume it is only increase in difficulty and maybe extra stuff to blow up on the Moby Dick

Zocano

I played Pursuit II few times but never encountered lvl III i would assume it is only increase in difficulty and maybe extra stuff to blow up on the Moby Dick

Pursuit III is pretty neat, the armaments are actually different, and the payout is waaaay bigger, too.

But yah, I haven't seen them since that Moby Dick hunting event a few weeks back.

Had this happen on my mission just now. Some lower ranked guy went right for the cockpit... I guess all 7 other players peeling off the main target was not an obvious hint for him lol.

Anyway still looking for my Morgan to drop, only thing I've gotten so far the alt. paint that ruins the look of the badass F-2. Seriously its almost as ugly as the flame paint F-4G lol.

casiopao

Another question to fellow Ace pilot here.

I had seen how some of u guys get a lot of money to upgrade special weapon here. Is it with the help of contract or simply tons of grinding?

And, if I bought campaign with real muney, can I grind on the campaign there?

dubc35

I had seen how some of u guys get a lot of money to upgrade special weapon here. Is it with the help of contract or simply tons of grinding?

No definitive knowledge but yes some use Merc contracts. Also the 2x/3x weekend bonuses help.

The campaign yields such a small amount of money it's not worth it for grinding. I bought the campaign ticket ($20 for finally having an AC on ps3 was worth it IMO) so I occasionally go back in to attempt S ranks. I think the last one I got was like 600 credits or some measly amount, may have been an A rank too though.

good guide here to get started overall

I have had probably 5 million+ credits,
I only used the contacts that came with a fuel pack.

Use 3x forced sortie fuel on Moby Dicks that will really help.
unless you are trying to buy or upgrade end tier planes or special weapons the grind isn't bad.

After playing around with Pixy's Morgan I feel that it completely ruins the standard block 1 Morgan.
Its like what was the point of that original challenge if they were just going to turn around the very next month with a separate special version that destroys the original as a free drop.

The F-14s were okay as they are each just a slight improvement over the last.

mcz117chief

All right, lads. I'm back :)

If you feel like playing with me just throw some time here in GMT and we will sort it out.

Also, Ace Combat: Infinity has been downloaded over a million times now, get a new aircraft as a bonus (Mirage with tiger strips, new plane, not skin)

All right, lads. I'm back :)

If you feel like playing with me just throw some time here in GMT and we will sort it out.

Also, Ace Combat: Infinity has been downloaded over a million times now, get a new aircraft as a bonus (Mirage with tiger strips, new plane, not skin)

I will be on for 3 matches next few days, trying to build my stock fuel back up.
almost at 30 already.

anytime is good for me.

Aquila

Notification info is up for the upcoming team deathmatch event.

tldr info:

Prizes include Crow and Silber emblems.

In order to qualify, may only use F-4E, F-4G, F-16C, Mig-21bis, AV-8B, Mirage 2005-5, and Su-25TM.

7/17 - 7/20

Aquila

I'm all for the upcoming pvp if only for the change of pace. All of my low tier aircraft are at level 1 so I'm sure I'll still be slaughtered by higher leveled people. Hopefully the white tiger Mirage isn't eligible as that'd be the best bet to use.

EGOMON

Shit i just realized that the new update is on the 17th when Destiny Beta starts ugh how am gonna manage my time the Berkut is calling me :/

Skwerl

holy shit, f-35 at lv7 is a BEAST.
Managed to MVP with 70k points and S ranked the match at 00:00:00 (not sure how its possible)
That plane is the very definition of Itano Circus.

dubc35

Wonder if its supposed to be a high-end or low-end plane if it makes it to development.

Everything I have read leads me to believe it to be a 4th/5th gen aircraft on the high end. I have seen references to a 6th gen for it but at this point I find that a stretch (I don't think a legit 6th gen military fighter will be out until 2040-ish). Release depends on their strategy to crash schedule and push this out or to buy something on the market now (F-18, F-35, Typhoon, Gripen, etc) and continue development for release sometime later. Should be interesting; I'm sure China is interested.

EGOMON

Goddman i actually managed to make a nice avatar thanks to "Razgriz-Specter" avatar inspired me to merge two of my favorite things in Ace Combat; Su-47 and Albireo Squadron
^_^

Aquila

So latest update kicked my 6AAMs back to Lv2 from 4 somehow.

I've heard similar reports about this. You're not the only one.

Patch is still downloading for me but supposedly it costs credits to simply choose a plane before sortie now too. WTF

Edit: Patch is done. A whole bunch of miscellaneous low level aircraft parts have been added throughout the research tree. The Gripen and regular F-16F are now just past the F-14 line. The F-15 S/MTD is buried behind several new parts past the F-15C and EA-18G. The Su-47 is right after the Su-34 (lol). All of the new planes are multirole but their weapon selection is awful.

Plane (Speed, Mobility, Stability, Air Dmg, Grn Dmg, Defense), Body/Arms/Misc, Weapons
Gripen (E,E+,D,D,E+,F) 25 parts, HPAA, RKTL, 4AAM F-16F (E,E,E+,E+,E,F+) 22 parts, QAAM, GPB, 4AGM
F-15 S/MTD (B,D+,C,C+,D+,E) 31 parts, SAAM, LAGM, FAEB Su-47 (C,C,C,B,C,E+) 34,32,33 parts QAAM, UGB, HPAA

The Gripen depresses me; hopefully it gets better. F-16F looks decent for its tierage, but I think anybody who wanted it already has the Desert Rock at a high level. I'm at a loss between the F-15 S/MTD and the F-15E. The Berkut is going to be an absolute monster; thank goodness it doesn't have multi-target specials.

EGOMON

Oh ffs they made the Su-47 a multirole plane :(
They ruined my whole plan on getting the berkut day 1 i even saved over 700K just in case the decided to go nuts with the price of the new planes.
The Berkut is supposed to be a Fighter thats why i went with the most upper route on the tree because the Su-series fighters are located there now i have to start all over again in the bottom most route ugh :(

mcz117chief

Somebody come online so I can do the "invite or be invited by a friend" challenge, ok ? :)

Also, the new mission: "Here comes the snow". So awesome of them to re-make the final mission from Zero

Top Bottom