• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Skwerl

That review lost its credibility in my book when it says ACAH did a better job.
ACAH was made to cater to audience like that reviewer and look what happened D:

I just disagree with the dot kills, that guy obviously isnt taking enough risk with his flying, but then thats usually how newbies fly in AC =\

edit:
COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LACK OF BOMBER AND GUNSHIP MISSION?
DUDE, KEEP THAT BASTARD AWAY FROM MY AC *vomits blood*

For me the fuel system is great because it rations my gaming. You really feel like every game is something special since you can only play few games a day, I really enjoy the game more thanks to it.
Agree but still sometimes I just want to play for a full afternoon without spending loads to get another limited amount.

$80+ in and im almost back to getting 3 little sorties in 12 hours.
meanwhile I pay less on other games and I can play all I want.

I just think Warthunder/World of Tanks was the way to go. I don't care if I have to outright pay $10 for the Wardog F14 or $15 for a Razgriz
Heck i'd take a subscription over the current model.

I just disagree with the dot kills, that guy obviously isnt taking enough risk with his flying, but then thats usually how newbies fly in AC =\

edit:

AH needs more love but dear God can you imagine Infinity with that production value?
Its kinda what AH should have been in the first place.

Speaking of Assault Horizon I wonder if infinity will acknowledge it with emblems and such.
Warwolf emblem and 2 nicknames "Akula" and something like "Shark Killer"

All right, lads, I am leaving, I will miss you ;(

and here is my final message to you all :)
Take care.

Meneses

For me the fuel system is great because it rations my gaming. You really feel like every game is something special since you can only play few games a day, I really enjoy the game more thanks to it.

The fuel system and the grind to get new planes / perform decently at tournaments has really put me off from the game (kinda like I feared it would, when I started).

I really like the gameplay, though.

glaurung

edit:
Yeah, that review delivers some utterly, impossibly stupid arguments. I admit that some of those slow-ass bomber missions in ACAH were dope (albeit long winded) and I would not mind seeing something similar in ACAH single player campaign. Or even - one player taking the role of a bomber, the rest of the crew defending him or clearing a path.

Heli missions can die in a fire.

Skwerl

AH needs more love but dear God can you imagine Infinity with that production value?
Its kinda what AH should have been in the first place.
ACAH is nice when it worked, but thats maybe half of the time.
If ACI had that production value, it'd be the AC sequel that we always wanted, but will never get :(

Woah.

Well, I don't like the F2P and always online nature of this game and I want Strangereal to return as well, but...

...this game is nowhere fucking near 4/10. It plays great, looks great and sounds great.

ACAH is nice when it worked, but thats maybe half of the time.
If ACI had that production value, it'd be the AC sequel that we always wanted, but will never get :(

The eventual PS4 game(hopefully) is in a pretty tough spot of which direction to go.

Assault Horizon - lol, wouldn't make sense. Didn't really capture many newcomers and turned away some vets
Originals - would be a challenge now
Infinity - best future option but used on a F2P game, main game being a follow up to an exclusive F2P doesn't make alot of sense

glaurung

The eventual PS4 game(hopefully) is in a pretty tough spot of which direction to go.
My expectations for the next Ace Combat game are rather low for now.

If Namco and Project Aces had people who could actually understand what the fans want, then Ace Combat 7 would:
  1. Set in a fictional place.
  2. Feature a strong cast of properly developed characters.
  3. Not feature any gimmicks to enhance game play. Just pure blood dogfighting and dive bombing.
  4. Feature insane semi-sci-fi flying apparatus and craft on the ground/sea.
  5. Let you play crazy scifi planes that can climb to insane heights and maybe even enter low orbit.
  6. Have a co-op campaign for 4-5 players from the start.
  7. Take the better elements from buying planes in AC5-ACZ and crank it up with a quicker RnD system from Infinity.
  8. Have amazing HD plane models.
  9. New smoke effects, better physics.
  10. Music from Kobayashi.
Right now our hopes of getting this game within the next two years? Zero.

According to Acepedia update includes:

Team Deathmatch
JAS-39C Gripen, Su-47 Berkut, F-15S/MTD
F-15C Event Skin #01 and F-2A "Shogun" skin
Campaign Mission 6
Weapons Base Assault (New Co-op mission)

Korezo

I just disagree with the dot kills, that guy obviously isnt taking enough risk with his flying, but then thats usually how newbies fly in AC =

edit:

Only Ace combats game I played was AC on ps1, the one on 360, AC infinity and just bought ACAH on PC during steam sale. To me they are all similar except ACAH added retarded helicopter missions and the damn camera view being too close. When I went to ACAH it felt exactly like infinity to me which was a surprise since I read a lot of hate on forums from AC fans.

how is the dog at lv4?
great the speed is getting back up there and really my only huge problem was not having my upgraded 6AAMs which I was so used to by now.
Now that I have them back im feeling great in the air, almost got them to Lv5 as well.

looking how the upgrades are going I think the Wardog will have a few stats in the S range.

Aquila

More planes to buy that I'll never level past one.... On the bright side, just unlocked Pixy's Morgan.

It'll be interesting to see how the pvp rewards and fuel will be balanced against coop. Hopefully there will be guns only matches at least. My favorite memories of AC6 were free for all, guns only on Ragno Fortress.

Skwerl

if my japanese didnt go down the shitter, I think the PVP is time limited special event.

期間限定チームデスマッチイベント

any jp gaf can weigh in on this will be great.

More planes to buy that I'll never level past one.... On the bright side, just unlocked Pixy's Morgan.
Even If I won't use them myself its nice to have them in for fans and just the variety in general.
The Wardog F14 will be my main fighter until Razgriz themes come in but im happy to see stuff like the Su-47.
If I ever get Pixy's Morgan it will be my alt unless by some chance we get an F-14 Bombcat.

glaurung

Oh man, they got Berkut in this at last? Guess I will need to start dividing my time between the Destiny beta and this come July 17th.

How are the planes unlocked? Luck of the draw? Or do I need to grind for it beforehand?

mcz117chief

Line's been cleared, ambush successful, now living in Dubai...for a week anyway :)

Great news, lads, really looking forward to the B7R SOOOOOO MUCH, I hope they won't screw it up and make it air-to-air oriented with minimum or ZERO ground targets (pun intended). I might try the PVP but seeing that every Ace Combat so far had absolutely abysmal PVP, with the sole exception being Assault Horrizon, I think I will not give it much chance. On the other hand I am looking forward to new planes of course and some new coop content... pretty sure B7R will be featured as the next map of the month (I hope).

Give me status report on ADFX-01 Morgan. Does it drop quickly ? Are the burst missiles OP or underwhelming like the TLS ? Do you like tacos ?

Apart from that, Dubai is good as always, you guys want some pics of me with Sushi Cat :D ? I will upload them once I get home, however, since I don't have a PC with me (I am using the public PC in the hotel)...or I could try to upload them here (maybe administrator rights will not be required or maybe I could try the PCs in the business center), if you guys want.

edit: Bloody hell, there was a Morgan in the trailer with 12 TLS shots and one recharging, now that is going to be OP in PVP :D

EGOMON

Su-47 !! Am sooo happy right now i want to cry finally am going to fly with my beloved one :)
The PvP is nice addition but i can't help but think it will be a never ending flying in cycles like a dog chasing his tail.

Also welcome to the Middle East mcz :) i hope you can cope with the heat unless you work in offices.

Skwerl

@mcz I am on lv2 morgan, it is outperforming my lv3 f-35, the only thing holding it back is the TLS.
I heard the burst missile is quite a beast, it does damage over time after its initial blast, making it ideal for clearing out airborne fleet. Issue being that there's only 4 shots and it has a rather piss poor tracking. So it's not really made for dogfighting. I think I will treat my morgan as an attacker.

I got my morgan on the 5th match... but then I didnt get the zipang until 4 weeks in. Maybe the RNG of the game is well aware of my pixy morgan lust.

Aerocrane

This is out of topic but guys how can i make my avatar transparent? i don't want the white background
Original Image

Here you go
ibxEICLqdsMYhD.png

This should be under both the resolution and file size restrictions so it should appear transparent.

You might want to look at this post if you want an emblem from the series as your avatar.

The SU-47 FINALLY! Bet that thing is going to cost an arm, leg, and several first born children I don't have. My favorite plane so gotta start saving now I guess lol. Sorry T-50, putting you on hold.. .again.

Either way, if anyone is down to play sometime my PSN is Valkerion7. I've had the "sortie with friends" challenge since day one but none of my friends like Ace Combat.

EGOMON

Here you go
ibxEICLqdsMYhD.png

This should be under both the resolution and file size restrictions so it should appear transparent.

You might want to look at this post if you want an emblem from the series as your avatar.
Awesome thanks very much Aerocrane and i would like to claim Albireo Squadron emblem
Albireo_Squadron_AC3D.png

Well finally got my Morgan after about 30 sorties, have upgraded my F-14-WD to Lv5 and 6AAMs are 5% away from Lv5.

Holy shit at Lv10 Morgan's stats
S
S
A+
A+
A
S

So, have you found a reason to
buy more contracts
yet? Buddy.
Nope, not yet.
1 million+ credits with the F-14WD, Morgan and 6AAMs as the only things active on my tree.
F-22 is already bought and waiting for me to buy the Lv5 upgrade(but im maxing the Wardog before I upgrade the F-22 further).

mcz117chief

Well finally got my Morgan after about 30 sorties, have upgraded my F-14-WD to Lv5 and 6AAMs are 5% away from Lv5.

Holy shit at Lv10 Morgan's stats
S
S
A+
A+
A
S

The stats are pretty much like the ones in Ace Combat Zero, looking forward to it. Also, since it is a multirole it has a ton of upgrade slots, therefore you can bump it's stats way higher

Btw. great avatar update, Specter

Skwerl

It's pretty obvious that morgan is a next gen fighter (along the line of cfa-44, shinden, wyvern etc.) that can benefit from upgrade parts L rather than M. Otherwise the existence of 35 upgrade slots wouldnt make much sense.

Top Bottom