• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Did my first match of deathmatch...

They ragequit hahaha.

But seriously I can see that being a problem. Then again they were getting rolled pretty hard, like 10-1. Least it did not eat my fuel.

Anyway why the crap is the Su-47 a multirole in the freaking bottom lane :( Spent all this money heading to the T-50 for nothing.

EmpReb

Banned
Its been awhile but I enjoy the new mode. Gets bad thought when some how a jet is one shooting you but I will be play Ace Combat Infinity some more indeed again.

Aquila

TDM on B7R with "Demon of the Round Table" playing in the background is awesome, but it does have fatal flaws. One: nobody plays it. Two: lag missiles/warnings everywhere with bad connections. Three: hard to stop elitist high level Falcons and Mirages although I am bitter since my own planes are at level one.

EmpReb

Banned
After man trial and error I figured out I need faster thrust and Braking in order to do well in Death match dog fights. So got the Air brakes and Thrust enhancements to my F-16. Best idea ever Allows me to get out of dodge or brake hard enough to turn around then get back to chasing some one.

Aquila

Yo, I finally unlocked the 8492nd squadron emblem :)
Who else has it ? I can't believe it took me over 100 hours to get it

Short of the dove bird emblems, that's the pretty much the last emblem I'm gunning for. Grats. I like the little tombstone that the 4 makes in it. It's a nice touch to an otherwise unassuming design.

mcz117chief

All right, my PS3 is back from the repair shop, time to get back in the skies again. If anybody wants to play today I will be on-line at 18:00 UTC

Also, Razgriz-Specter, what have you done with your epic avatar :(((((((((((

Zocano

Well. Guess no Morgan for me. Played pretty consistently all month and didn't get the drop. Got the migs skin several times. Oh well.

Zocano

Oh hey. Guess they didn't take out the drop event just yet. I got the Morgan not too long ago so there's that.

I'm really liking the PVP, I just wish the games applied to the challenges so you wouldn't miss out on doing those if you don't have the stocked fuel for it.

I've been eating through my stocked fuel because of it and pretty muched used it all. Welp.

In-game I really don't notice any decrease in population. Servers fill up almost instantly but here on GAF most people jumped the boat it seems.
Im still loving it but im building stock for upcoming tournaments, have built up 75 already since Wardog.
Probably go into a potential Razgriz or Mobius tournament with about 130 stocked.

mcz117chief

New mini-tournament as well as a new plane of the month has been released

This month's plane is an awesome looking Rafale, go check it out, it really is worth it

And for the mini-tourney we get inferno Harrier for the first 5000 and emblems of Gault (1-1000) and Indigo (1-10000) squadrons

Varth

In-game I really don't notice any decrease in population. Servers fill up almost instantly but here on GAF most people jumped the boat it seems.

Why is this? Just got into the game and it seems pretty good. Is there any sort of crooked pay system that comes up going forward? I noticed the campaign missions pricees are kinda greedy, but nothing else. Coop missions are a lot of fun, and don't mind grinding them over.

Did I miss something?

mcz117chief

Why is this? Just got into the game and it seems pretty good. Is there any sort of crooked pay system that comes up going forward? I noticed the campaign missions pricees are kinda greedy, but nothing else. Coop missions are a lot of fun, and don't mind grinding them over.

Did I miss something?

They got bored I think, or I don't know. I still play 6 missions everyday.

All I want is an HD collection including Ace 4, 5 and Zero. WHERES MY HD COLLECTION NAMCO??!?

We are not in heaven yet, mate

Aquila

Did I miss something?

I still play 3 missions or so daily. Coop lobbies are slow to fill but there's lots of people online around JPN prime time and as evening hits NA east coast. TDM, whenever I tried it, either had nobody online or everybody in T-50's and F-22's and that is in no way fun.

Once you get past the mid-tier of the aircraft tree, parts and planes get exponentially more expensive and time-consuming to unlock. That's where the stocked fuel bonuses and contracts get you to unlock things faster. The campaign is only worthwhile with its dlc pass; otherwise, and I hate to say it, just watch a Let's Play of it.

I'm sad that I didn't get the Stripes F-15 M/TD but that was hopeless with my plane selection. The new Rafale looks gorgeous. I think that I'll finish leveling my Strike Eagle then concentrate on leveling Pixy's Morgan or another of the newly added planes. New skins are just going to be planes infused with power creep now, may as well aim for one of them instead.

Espada

I still play 3 missions or so daily. Coop lobbies are slow to fill but there's lots of people online around JPN prime time and as evening hits NA east coast. TDM, whenever I tried it, [/b]either had nobody online or everybody in T-50's and F-22's and that is in no way fun.

Once you get past the mid-tier of the aircraft tree, parts and planes get exponentially more expensive and time-consuming to unlock. That's where the stocked fuel bonuses and contracts get you to unlock things faster. The campaign is only worthwhile with its dlc pass; otherwise, and I hate to say it, just watch a Let's Play of it.

I'm sad that I didn't get the Stripes F-15 M/TD but that was hopeless with my plane selection. The new Rafale looks gorgeous. I think that I'll finish leveling my Strike Eagle then concentrate on leveling Pixy's Morgan or another of the newly added planes. New skins are just going to be planes infused with power creep now, may as well aim for one of them instead.

The bold part is 100% true. TDM is just not very fun in its current form.

I'm going to aim for that Rafale in the mini-Ranking event, though. It looks pretty as hell, and the other rewards are no slouches either.

EGOMON

Still play everyday didn't a notice a drop in the community yet also people are getting better or am getting worse lol

mcz117chief

1466178_806180106079111_5987747832600871770_n.png

So awesome :)

One other thing, lads. When you play on Dubai you get fireworks which totally glitch the sound :D

Aquila

F-15J might be added too.

Psyched for Stonehenge but I haven't even experienced Moby Dick 3 yet. Hopefully Yellow squadron livery and emblems will turn up by September and I'll be able to earn it.

mcz117chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k6Mt1mnYqQ
Fuuuuuuuu
F-14D Super Tomcat(thats some BS now)
Shinden
Su-37
jkkj.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to this ! Especially for the new emergency mission and of course we will finally be able to play in the Belkan Priority One Strategic Airspace B7R outside of that abysmall pvp. When is this coming out ?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN !

274x184px-9eeaf04f_HypeTrain.jpeg

P.s: Specter, you don't like the F-14D ?

mcz117chief

I need to fix my PS3's internet connection issues before these planes get added then so that Shinden II can be mine. It has been a long while since I last played, sorry mcz117chief for bailing on you twice.

It's ok. Just pm me when you are ready to go again. I am looking forward to playing with you again :)

P.s: Specter, you don't like the F-14D ?
Its my favorite fighter and I wanted it until we got Wardog.
Now there is a standard F14 that will be better than the Wardog yet will probably be outclassed by the potential Razgriz F14.
It should be; F-14A > Zipang >> F-14D > F-14A Wardog > F-14A Razgriz
The Wardog isn't that special lookwise(though still 2nd best to Razgriz) but the stats were a big upgrade so they basically undercut the tournament prize.

mcz117chief

Its my favorite fighter and I wanted it until we got Wardog.
Now there is a standard F14 that will be better than the Wardog yet will probably be outclassed by the potential Razgriz F14.
It should be; F-14A > Zipang >> F-14D > F-14A Wardog > F-14A Razgriz
The Wardog isn't that special lookwise(though still 2nd best to Razgriz) but the stats were a big upgrade so they basically undercut the tournament prize.

I don't think that the F-14D will be more powerful than the Wardog one, but still, even if it is it doesn't really matter, the skills of the pilot are the most important factor, I can still play with my F-4E and get a good score :)

I don't think that the F-14D will be more powerful than the Wardog one
IDK , just doesn't seem like it would have a purpose if not.
The Zipang is a slight upgrade and the Wardog is a slight upgrade on that,most people have the Zipang so it has to be better than that yet if it isn't better than the Wardog the upgrade from a Zipang isn't noticeable. And thus it doesn't have a true role.

True if I really cared I would fly my F22, just kinda bothers me that I win to 1000 in the F-14 tournament for the ultimate F-14(pre Razgriz, I expected that to come)
and then they turn around a month later with the Super Tomcat for everyone.

Varth

I still play 3 missions or so daily. Coop lobbies are slow to fill but there's lots of people online around JPN prime time and as evening hits NA east coast. TDM, whenever I tried it, either had nobody online or everybody in T-50's and F-22's and that is in no way fun.

Thanks, that's what I meant. So it slows down midway to try and push you toward paid content.

I read about the campaign in the guide from the wikia. Hope to find something akin to that for similar F2P games. I just finished updating all PS3 and PS4 F2P games, and I'd like to check them out sooner or later.

mcz117chief

Hey, guys. I just noticed something. I am replaying Assault Horizon and do you guys remember the mission with the bomber (Lancer or B2) ? Well then that map is the canyon map from the campaign of Infinity and therefore the latest multiplayer map. I don't know what to call this besides pure laziness.

edit: Also, it has almost identical enemy placement. Infinity must have had almost non-existent budget or the idea was to make a pure profit pet project.

Aerocrane

Hey, guys. I just noticed something. I am replaying Assault Horizon and do you guys remember the mission with the bomber (Lancer or B2) ? Well then that map is the canyon map from the campaign of Infinity and therefore the latest multiplayer map. I don't know what to call this besides pure laziness.

I'd assume that most of the models for the planes (and maybe liveries?) used in Infinity were also ripped straight out of Assault Horizon too. This game was most likely made on a small budget, so assets were probably reused as much as possible.

mcz117chief

I'd assume that most of the models for the planes (and maybe liveries?) used in Infinity were also ripped straight out of Assault Horizon too. This game was most likely made on a small budget, so assets were probably reused as much as possible.

Yeah, the planes for sure. There is zero reason to make a whole new set of planes. But maps ? Damn, man. They should have atleast added the map with the hurricane, one of the best maps ever made.

Yeah, the planes for sure. There is zero reason to make a whole new set of planes. But maps ? Damn, man. They should have atleast added the map with the hurricane, one of the best maps ever made.

What makes you think they won't? I have a sneaky feeling they are going to reuse alot of maps and assets going forward.

mcz117chief

What makes you think they won't? I have a sneaky feeling they are going to reuse alot of maps and assets going forward.

Hehe, I really hope they do, it is the most impressive Ace Combat mission/map by far. The only think that could trump that would be if they were to add Waldreich mountains with a emergency mission about bombers and after you have finished this the nukes would go off and your screen would be all fuzzy, like this

Also, if somebody wants to play the good old Assault Horizon capital conquest then let me know, we can go and massacre some bots in the DFM :)

Top Bottom