• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

EGOMON

I just noticed that there is a Major Rank does that mean we are going to see Major rank planes?
Though am not sure what a higher rank aircrafts they can add maybe prototypes and fictional ones

mcz117chief

MthHwbY.jpg

I got it :)

Still looking for one myself.

going ham on the mini ranking for the harrier. Man they seriously need to increase the amount of people who can get the rank planes, its pretty stupid how much you have to do to get them. top 5k seems like to small a number, currently running around 5300 or something.

Aerocrane

New event coming up.
igcp_079_m.png

Google translated news post http://ace-infinity.bngames.net/news/?p=1132
"Summer vacation! Full of challenge"

Will be held can challenge a limited time special challenge to a number of "challenge events".

[Period] held

19 17:00 August 2014 to 13 days 13:00 August 2014 (meaning event will be available from 13th of August until 19th I think?)

※ There is a possibility that through the setting status, start / end time of the event is somewhat back and forth.
[Details] contents

By go to clear the challenge that can be challenged in the [MAIN MENU] → [challenge] → [Special] within
You can earn a variety of rewards.

Challenge newly generated by clearing the challenge of specific offers.

◆ Remuneration

• You can earn the following items by clearing a special challenge specific.
○ limited skin: "Typhoon" Rot "Skin"

○ limited emblem: "Lancer", "Beast", "Cocoon", "Albireo"

○ limited street: "beautiful and intelligent", "Kingen honest"
○ research report
○ credit
○ stockpile fuel

Tweet from PROJECT_ACES Twitter.

Aquila

Why is Rot only a skin when everything else has been a new plane entirely? Love the Typhoon and this color scheme but I'm not leveling up this plane when it has useless special weapon selection. Educate me if HCAA's and HVAA's don't suck.

On a different note, do non-standard aircraft upgrade forms for lvl 5 - 6 actually exist/drop?

mcz117chief

Why is Rot only a skin when everything else has been a new plane entirely? Love the Typhoon and this color scheme but I'm not leveling up this plane when it has useless special weapon selection. Educate me if HCAA's and HVAA's don't suck.

I haven't used HVAAs since the beta but I remember them being pretty damn good, couple that with special weapons speed L and you might have a pretty crazy as-close-to-hit-scan-as-you-can-get weapon. HCAA...useless

On a different note, do non-standard aircraft upgrade forms for lvl 5 - 6 actually exist/drop?
happened to me once, there was this one weekend when they were supposed to drop, I haven't seen them since.

Aerocrane

I just caught up to the most recent campaign mission, Avalon.
Mission spoilers:
Flying in the pathways to destroy the ICBMs and then chasing the fifth was challenging, but not really fun.
The amount of missile fire coming at me from the enemies required me to get good with the controls again quickly.

Aquila

I just caught up to the most recent campaign mission, Avalon.
Mission spoilers:
Flying in the pathways to destroy the ICBMs and then chasing the fifth was challenging, but not really fun.
The amount of missile fire coming at me from the enemies required me to get good with the controls again quickly.
The lack of Zero's in-mission dialogue and a final boss fight makes this mission rather boring. Could you imagine if Wernher(?) had been giving a speech like Bristow/Palmer/Kupchenko?

I haven't used HVAAs since the beta but I remember them being pretty damn good, couple that with special weapons speed L and you might have a pretty crazy as-close-to-hit-scan-as-you-can-get weapon. HCAA...useless
Yep, upgraded regular missiles outclass HCAA. HVAA just strike me as a poor sport's kill steal weapon. May as well use the TLS instead or actually be competent with multi-targets or qaams.

Espada

Oh man, this sucks something fierce. I love the Typhoon and the ROT scheme looks especially awesome, but the damn requirements to get it? I'd have to blow a ton of money to get the aircraft needed to complete those challenges.

It's times like these that I understand why EDGE slammed this game so hard.

Aerocrane

The patch is coming soon. Maintenance is scheduled from 19th of August at 08:00 UTC until 21st of August at 1:59 UTC and Aigaion Special Raid Mission will be retired and assumedly Stonehenge Return will take its place.

Aquila

I never got Moby Dick 3 ;_______;

Look on the bright side, in a few days we can look forward to never getting Stonehenge Returns 3.

I'm going to be online for another 2 hours or so if anybody wants to trade invites for the 3x Stock fuel challenge or try a last hurrah for Moby Dick 3.

mcz117chief

Well that is just great, Moby Dick is gone and with him the only reason to have a fighter in a hangar slot :/
Well shiiiiiii, Bamco.

Also, another "tournament" where the first 200 get a fighter, lol.

Espada

Okay, last night I got the Rafale M -VA- and I have a few questions:

- I'm looking for a multirole aircraft for my hangar. I have a level 4 ADFX-01 Morgan asking for a whopping 661k to reach level 5. The MPBM is asking for nearly 100k to reach level 2.
Should I continue spending money on the Morgan or is the Rafale more than enough?

- I slapped parts on it, all of them Medium (Acceleration, Roll, Missile Power, Speed, Homing) and the Stealth Coating. These parts have sent the stats through the roof, especially A2A and A2G attack. Does this attack rating mean all of the Rafale's weapons strike with that power or just the standard missiles?

- Is there a big difference between a Level 9 F22 and a Level 10? The stat upgrade seems very meager, and heavily tilted towards defense. Do Level 10 F22s shoot down SP aircraft in one missile?

mcz117chief

Okay, last night I got the Rafale M -VA- and I have a few questions:

- I'm looking for a multirole aircraft for my hangar. I have a level 4 ADFX-01 Morgan asking for a whopping 661k to reach level 5. The MPBM is asking for nearly 100k to reach level 2.
Should I continue spending money on the Morgan or is the Rafale more than enough?

- I slapped parts on it, all of them Medium (Acceleration, Roll, Missile Power, Speed, Homing) and the Stealth Coating. These parts have sent the stats through the roof, especially A2A and A2G attack. Does this attack rating mean all of the Rafale's weapons strike with that power or just the standard missiles?

- Is there a big difference between a Level 9 F22 and a Level 10? The stat upgrade seems very meager, and heavily tilted towards defense. Do Level 10 F22s shoot down SP aircraft in one missile?

To be honest, unless you compare F4-E Phantom and an F-22 Raptor you won't see any massive differences. It all boils down to personal preferences, just fly a plane you enjoy to fly. The most important factor is speed, everything else is just a cherry on top.

Espada

To be honest, unless you compare F4-E Phantom and an F-22 Raptor you won't see any massive differences. It all boils down to personal preferences, just fly a plane you enjoy to fly. The most important factor is speed, everything else is just a cherry on top.

This makes those guys getting MVP in goddamn F4s seem like gods, holy shit.

I think I'll go with the Rafale simply because it looks cool as hell, and one less Morgan flying around is better for everyone. Now I have another question:

It it worth upgrading weapons? These things have ridiculous upgrade costs but their stats barely budge. Has anyone noticed a difference from level to the next?

mcz117chief

It it worth upgrading weapons? These things have ridiculous upgrade costs but their stats barely budge. Has anyone noticed a difference from level to the next?

Have you noticed that sometimes your target is left with the tiniest sliver of hp after you hit it with special weapons ? Well then, if you upgade it a couple of times it won't happen. There are a few special weapons that say that they upgrade a lot, like for example the SFFS, but it is hard to tell ingame. There might be some worthwhile difference between lvl 1 and 10 but don't expect any miracles.

Espada

Have you noticed that sometimes your target is left with the tiniest sliver of hp after you hit it with special weapons ? Well then, if you upgade it a couple of times it won't happen. There are a few special weapons that say that they upgrade a lot, like for example the SFFS, but it is hard to tell ingame. There might be some worthwhile difference between lvl 1 and 10 but don't expect any miracles.

Oh crap, then I'll upgrade the 4AAM and 6AAM. Those damn things would be INCREDIBLE if they actually killed. As it stands now, they just prep targets for kill stealing.

Thanks for the help.

Aquila

Patch is up fyi.

Low to mid tier aircraft can be upgraded to aircraft level 15 now. Curious to see if they get more parts space at cap.

Su-33 is confirmed useless with HPAA, HCAA, and HVAA. Su-37 looks to be a copy/paste of the Su-35. Both are in the T-50 tree right past the middle.

F-14D and F-15J appear to be slightly better than the current mid-tier fighters. Just solid, slightly better stats and weapon selection.

And the Shinden... is several parts past the F-117 lol. Looks to be a parallel of the F-35 but with atrocious speed, E+. It's armed with 6AAM, LASM, and GPB. I'm sure this plane will get ridiculous at higher levels but the F-35 and Su-47 are going to maintain their dominance.

The new parts are mostly just the L versions of most everything that's already been missing. However, the Shinden has an accompanying Radar Alert Exp Panel that increases one's rescue point bonus for 11 misc parts. The F-15J has a prior Anti-Stealth High Power Radar part for a massive 19 misc parts.

A gold F-16C special aircraft is available after sortieing 20 times. Other new challenges are up though I've only seen one. The Pirate Flanker looks hilarious and awesome; rather poor specials but good stats.

Espada

I got lucky. I was slowly making my way towards the T-50 for shits and giggles, but abandoned that when upgrading the F-22 got really costly. The spot I stopped at is perfect for snatching up those new parts by the Su-37 (Acceleration L and SP.W Power).

Not so lucky on the Shinden front, as it's on the F117 branch, something I haven't even touched. Like Aquila said, those stats are really underwhelming unless it gets ridiculous Lv.5+

I'm expecting a Tourney/Random Drop Ridgeback version in the near future.

Aquila

To be fair to the Shinden, its stability looks good, but speed, attack power, and then mobility are all that ever matter. The usual wikis will have all the new planes' stats in a day or two anyway. A Ridgeback plane is a sure-bet, just a matter of when.

After getting the standard missile speed L part, I've been grinding away for the standard missile reload M in the T-50 tree so I'll hopefully have the 37 in a while. I've got all my stocked fuel since launch saved up for the Yellow squadron skin/plane.

I forgot to mention that research is now measured by decimal point; ie: 1.23%. It feels like a nerf to me since I clearly recall my research reports doing a little bit more on the same project days ago. Hopefully this is clarified. Supposedly Ttl Cst next to aircraft is the sum total of aircraft level and its parts for respawning now too.

mcz117chief

Did we get a new campaign mission along with the update ? I can't make myself spend anymore dosh on the game so I have stoped playing now, I went back to the good old League of Legends and yesterday my copy of Dragon's Crown arrived and I must say I kind of enjoy it :)

Aquila

Did we get a new campaign mission along with the update ? I can't make myself spend anymore dosh on the game so I have stoped playing now, I went back to the good old League of Legends and yesterday my copy of Dragon's Crown arrived and I must say I kind of enjoy it :)

Yes, B7R mission 7 is playable. It's up on youtube already. Quick mission spoilers
It's only a few minutes of dogfighting regular fighters, then an elite T-50 squad, and an unimpressive Butterfly Master w/UAV's.
The mission 8 preview is amazing.
Operation Bunker Shot ends in meteor armageddon

mcz117chief

Are you guys going to try to get the iDOLM@STER emblems ? They would extra super cool if they had some kind of tune atached to them, like "Are You Ready!" or some other super popular iM@S songs.

Aerocrane

Are you guys going to try to get the iDOLM@STER emblems ? They would extra super cool if they had some kind of tune atached to them, like "Are You Ready!" or some other super popular iM@S songs.

I'd be happy if I got Miki, Makoto or Azusa. Supposedly they are limited-time drops, and only dropping during the mini-ranking event. I guess I'll have to play a lot over the weekend.

Aerocrane

hit me with your timetable, about freaking time you got back :D

I'll PM you when I'm able to play. I've been studying and I'm still not entirely sure how much I can play over the weekend. I'll grab the patch and play the new campaign mission today if I have the time, but probably not playing any multiplayer today.

Espada

Yes, B7R mission 7 is playable. It's up on youtube already. Quick mission spoilers
It's only a few minutes of dogfighting regular fighters, then an elite T-50 squad, and an unimpressive Butterfly Master w/UAV's.
The mission 8 preview is amazing.
Operation Bunker Shot ends in meteor armageddon

I'm really looking forward to the next mission after that preview, hearing
Operation Bunker Shot
was enough, but the rest? Yes please.

Aquila

Unrelated, but Vector Thrust just got put up on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/242130 It's a blatant ace combat clone with a cel shaded art style; there's even a player-made Pixy's Morgan already up. The game touts customizable missions and that tugs at my heartstrings. Good price but I am hesitant on early access stuff.

Aerocrane

Time for a history lesson

Unrelated, but Vector Thrust just got put up on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/242130 It's a blatant ace combat clone with a cel shaded art style; there's even a player-made Pixy's Morgan already up. The game touts customizable missions and that tugs at my heartstrings. Good price but I am hesitant on early access stuff.
Yeah it seems to be pretty damn blatant clone, I mean look at this screenshot from the store page.

If I hadn't spent my gaming budget for the month on the PS2 Ace Combat games, I'd buy it to try it out though as the cel shaded style looks great.

dubc35

I have AC3 on ps1 and all 3 ps2 games. I thought about going back through them while waiting for fuel in ACI. However I kind of burned out on it and haven't gone back through them. Oh, also have the psp AC as well.

Vector Thrust looks cool, a lot of AC related reviews/comments on the page. Too bad I don't have any PC's to run games.

Aerocrane

Dolan, pls :/
games.jpg

Also, I hope that Vector Thrust picks up a strong following, a competitor to Ace Combat is desperately needed, we need to make Bamco try REALLY HARD or else we are done fucked.

I don't think I've ever actually finished Squadron Leader, which is the only one I've played. I picked up the ps2 trilogy today and will probably play them soon.

Unless Vector Thrust comes out on consoles, I don't think Bamco will be worried at all. If Infinity turns out to be successful enough for Bamco to greenlight a full retail Ace Combat game, they will probably want it released on PC too as they've been releasing more of their titles on PC recently. A new Ace Combat game's PC port would probably sell far better than Vector Thrust just because it has the franchise name. Vector Thrust doesn't even benefit from visibility on the Steam front page until it fully releases, right now it's completely reliant on websites writing about it and word of mouth.

EmpReb

Banned
Where's my PS4 AC? :(
MY PS3 stays around for two reasons. Ace Combat and its the better Blue ray player than the PS4. If Ace Combat did come to PC or PS4 I will done with last gen and move on but since I have nothing to play on the PS4 it looks like I will get ride of the PS4 and keep the PS3 till further notice.

Aquila

I don't think I've ever actually finished Squadron Leader, which is the only one I've played. I picked up the ps2 trilogy today and will probably play them soon.

I'm shocked that you have an Edge avatar and haven't even finished Squadron Leader, let alone Distant Thunder or Belkan War. You'll have to share your thoughts on the trilogy when you finish them.

Back to Infinity, I've yet to get Stonehenge more than once. It was only a level 1 with a bad room, got a B rank. I have gotten idolmaster Mami and a white ghost/michelin man emblem though.

NotBacon

Ok so I haven't played AC since Fires of Liberation. Is Infinity actually any good? All I remember was Assault Horizon being terrible. And are there really no plans for a next gen release??

cj_iwakura

Ok so I haven't played AC since Fires of Liberation. Is Infinity actually any good? All I remember was Assault Horizon being terrible. And are there really no plans for a next gen release??

This is an actual AC game, but it doesn't even come up to Fires of Liberation's ankles.

Aquila

Wow. And Fires of liberation was terrible compared to AC4, AC5, and AC0. So infinity is pretty dang bad?

The gameplay is good, it's just the nickel and diming is getting worse and worse. Infinity is worth the download, just expect p2w real quick. I'd rather have AC6 and AH's awful dlc schemes then what we have now.

Top Bottom