• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Prototype

YES! Just got an email today from AmiAmi telling me that my Guts statue is finally in!

Bz0WX6al.jpg
qbKACRsl.jpg

RrAq1NIl.jpg
N0t5vuXl.jpg

holy shit. It's beautiful!
how much was it?
edit: also how big is it?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All right guys, don't worry, this is my last new Monsterarts figure for a while.
Mostly because I've nearly run out of Monsterarts to buy.

MOGUERA itself is pretty meh, but his missile accessories are super cool. They're pretty much the reason I bought the figure. Haha

And another pic that more clearly shows MOGUERA, but it's vertical and takes up way too much space in the post so I'm just linking it.

Here's a zoomed out pic of the whole scene. I used the crystals that came with Little Godzilla to add a little bit of scenery. They blend into my wall a bit so you can't see them too well.

Bonus picture of Little Godzilla losing his mind because he's about to be killed.

So remember my little spec blemish on my Hot Toy Stormtrooper? Well, I look at my collection everyday and every time I looked at it, its the first place I went. So, it bugged me. So went to my wife's art supplies and found a white paint marker. Holding the marker with both hands, I went slow, like as slow as the dude in Executive Decision with his chewed up straw trying to defuse the bomb. Made contact and the small dab of white paint just evenly spread across the blemish like some miracle and it looks great!

So remember my little spec blemish on my Hot Toy Stormtrooper? Well, I look at my collection everyday and every time I looked at it, its the first place I went. So, it bugged me. So went to my wife's art supplies and found a white paint marker. Holding the marker with both hands, I went slow, like as slow as the dude in Executive Decision with his chewed up straw trying to defuse the bomb. Made contact and the small dab of white paint just evenly spread across the blemish like some miracle and it looks great!

Haha...I'm the same way. I could be looking at a 40 foot wall and if I know there is an atom-sized blemish, my eye will go right to it

Kipp

Weeelp. Just ordered Monsterarts Mecha King Ghidorah for only $126. It regularly goes for $200, but the last few days it's just been dropping and dropping in price. It finally hit the price I was looking for.

Also, I've got another picture for you all...

Let me know if my picture spamming is getting obnoxious. I just love my Monsterarts so much.

Weeelp. Just ordered Monsterarts Mecha King Ghidorah for only $126. It regularly goes for $200, but the last few days it's just been dropping and dropping in price. It finally hit the price I was looking for.

Also, I've got another picture for you all...

Let me know if my picture spamming is getting obnoxious. I just love my Monsterarts so much.

I like this new Kipp and I'm sure we all love pictures. I think I'm starting like collecting figures more than reading stories about the figures I'm buying. Lol.

Kipp

I like this new Kipp and I'm sure we all love pictures. I think I'm starting like collecting figures more than reading stories about the figures I'm buying. Lol.

Haha. I like this new Kipp too. It's really fun to have found something I actually want to spend my money on. It's a shame I'm almost out of Monsterarts to buy. :p

I do hope I can find a new line of figures to start collecting. :p

1/6th figures sure are nice... I just wish I was interested in a specific line of them.

We are slowly watching Kipp's financial ruin. We can all see it coming, but there's nothing any of us can do to stop it.

NEO0MJ

Oh, where did you buy it from? I've been interested in this.

Kipp

Oh, where did you buy it from? I've been interested in this.

Amazon! It's still dropping steadily in price, strangely enough. It's currently at $123. I bought mine yesterday just to make sure I got it while the price is low, but I plan to use Amazon's 7-day price adjustment policy to get the price lowered even more as it continues to drop.

Only if he begins down the path of HTs and X-Plus, which at this point seems unavoidable.

:p

We shall see.

dankir

Finally a look at the full Ant Man sculpt! Amazing!

12190921_870835339703921_8267678863071096026_n.jpg

12193588_870835399703915_7370788615850525243_n.jpg

have Vader paid in full. What's usually the time line from when they have one of these "Coming Soon" post til when it actually ships?

Varies, depends on where you are, can be a few weeks until it comes out in Hong Kong and then 4 - 6 weeks if you are outside. I'm just getting my AoU Hulk Deluxe figure this week and it came out a few months ago in Hong Kong.

LiK

12190921_870835339703921_8267678863071096026_n.jpg

12193588_870835399703915_7370788615850525243_n.jpg

Varies, depends on where you are, can be a few weeks until it comes out in Hong Kong and then 4 - 6 weeks if you are outside. I'm just getting my AoU Hulk Deluxe figure this week and it came out a few months ago in Hong Kong.

holy shit! spot on sculpt! day one

Cool. At least we might get some videos of it I a few weeks.

Kipp

So because they're art it's ok to show the naughty bits?

I guess so.
And speaking of naughty bits, I like how out of the three, the only one whose pre-order has sold out is Venus de Milo. People gotta have those exposed boobs.

Snaku

Banned
My Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader is out for delivery finally, and I'm several states away at Disney World. D:

Fjordson

Anyone have a 1/9 scale Iron Man from King Arts yet?

The mark 42 is in stock on Big Bad. He looks pretty good.

My Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader is out for delivery finally, and I'm several states away at Disney World. D:
Damn, the Force Awakens one? I pre-ordered from BBTS and it says it's a 2016 release.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shouldn't have logged into BBTS this morning.

Wound up pre-ordering Revoltech Stitch, all the Muppet Selects, and all the Schleich Peanuts Scenery packs

Top Bottom