• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

..and continuing the topic of Premium Format statues, Pinhead arrived today. I have Freddy and Jason is on order. Sideshow needs to get on the ball at doing a premium format Michael Myers STAT and I'll have the full horror set that I loved growing up. A few shots for those interested:

dsc010598wqvb.jpg

We can all talk about Hot Toys and how intricate those 300 dollar dolls can be but can we discuss how absolutely god damn based the GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra line was back in 2011?

11.jpg

Beachhead%2024.jpg

30.jpg

junglebat-08.jpg

generalhawk-09.jpg

cobraviper-20.jpg

crazylegs-09.jpg

irongrenadier-05.jpg

It was made in response to all the Call of Duty craziness and gave us the best versions of the GI Joe roster by far.

All the images courtesy of Generals Joes website and god damn do I want these figures now. Each of them are like 30 to 40 a pop. HNNNNHG.

We can all talk about Hot Toys and how intricate those 300 dollar dolls can be but can we discuss how absolutely god damn based the GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra line was back in 2011?

11.jpg

Beachhead%2024.jpg

30.jpg

junglebat-08.jpg

generalhawk-09.jpg

cobraviper-20.jpg

crazylegs-09.jpg

irongrenadier-05.jpg

It was made in response to all the Call of Duty craziness and gave us the best versions of the GI Joe roster by far.

All the images courtesy of Generals Joes website and god damn do I want these figures now. Each of them are like 30 to 40 a pop. HNNNNHG.
too bad Gi joe is dead atm

Replicant

Already imagining a Figuarts Black Panther. That Winter Soldier is going to be awesome.

Still debating on going with MAFEX for the Hulkbuster. That Figuarts one looks nice, but the MAFEX one has a better price and looks just as good. What is it missing, lights?

Speaking of GI Joe, if Hasbro did a 6" line I would be all over that.

Already imagining a Figuarts Black Panther. That Winter Soldier is going to be awesome.

Still debating on going with MAFEX for the Hulkbuster. That Figuarts one looks nice, but the MAFEX one has a better price and looks just as good. What is it missing, lights?

Not very aware on the MAFEX version, but probably just whatever Chogokin/SHF like to do in their figs is all that is missing (which would be...?). I'm only getting it just because I wanted to have a compete lineup for AOU. I think the SHF version sold out in the places I used (NipponYasan) so price may have increased from the already crazy price it was at.

you just reminded me to send payment for it lol

I got mine yesterday. Not a fan.

It doesn't look bad, but it looks almost like they outsourced it to MegaHouse or something. This isn't as good as a Max Factory piece should look. Alter #1 confirmed.

Looks awesome. Gonna have trouble with that hair as usual for me. Can't wait.

I wonder why they didn't put the joints under the skin like Gamora. Did that not work out?
The Gamora figure body was pretty bad on the elbows. The skin would rip open if you left it bent. I got one and only posed it a few times before the paint started to peel off. Having the joints exposed seems to be the best in the long run.

Nice Sunstone avatar btw

Messi

The Gamora figure body was pretty bad on the elbows. The skin would rip open if you left it bent. I got one and only posed it a few times before the paint started to peel off. Having the joints exposed seems to be the best in the long run.

Nice Sunstone avatar btw

Thanks.

Shit I better move my Gamora around she has been posed for a while now.

100 percent of my love of GI Joe is how much detail and articulation you put into a 3.75.

jackdoe

Yeah, that's why my AOU Thor has his arms straight as an arrow. Heard bad things about those rubbery arms that Hot Toys uses for some of its figures.

Messi

Every time I see movie Gamora I'm reminded how much better the alternate designs are. Man.

1000 times this. They could have done so much better. Hopefully she is closer to this look in the new movie. I love the space suit look. The cosmic look she currently has is amazing but they would never do that.

mjc

I've never once bought a premium figure or anything from Hot Toys, but I'm damn near the point of preordering the HT Kylo Ren on Sideshow.com....is this a rabbit hole I'm about to fall into?

1000 times this. They could have done so much better. Hopefully she is closer to this look in the new movie. I love the space suit look. The cosmic look she currently has is amazing but they would never do that.
Yeah the Mass Effect-type suit is pretty good and practical.

I wish they had gone for more facial prosthetics though. She's just ridiculously green and it needs to be broken up by using a second colour:

Messi

I've never once bought a premium figure or anything from Hot Toys, but I'm damn near the point of preordering the HT Kylo Ren on Sideshow.com....is this a rabbit hole I'm about to fall into?

Absolutely, but it is an amazing and fun hole to fall into. Great time to start with the new star wars characters figures coming up.

Yeah the Mass Effect-type suit is pretty good and practical.

I wish they had gone for more facial prosthetics though. She's just ridiculously green and it needs to be broken up by using a second colour:

I think the yellow around the eyes would have looked cool. I do agree she is just green all over

Messi

At one point she was blue all over!
gamora_concept-art-by-andy-park.jpg

I'm also wondering why they never did the yellow around the eyes. That's like the iconic Gamora look.

Oh wow, glad they can to their senses on that one. This is the look I like

Hence why I am so excited for the premium format

I had never seen those concept images before. I wonder if this was when they tried to cast Olivia wilde.

iqubal

Banned
Totally random, but does anyone have 6 inch figures in a detolf for the top shelf and 1/6 figures below it? I want to get into star wars and hot toys prices will be out of reach to get all the charcters. looking at figuarts and star wars black for those lol.

Totally random, but does anyone have 6 inch figures in a detolf for the top shelf and 1/6 figures below it? I want to get into star wars and hot toys prices will be out of reach to get all the charcters. looking at figuarts and star wars black for those lol.

6" figures seem a bit small for detolfs unless you get a bunch of them along with some risers.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Detolfs and risers. Where can I get 2 tier risers for those cases? I'd like to be able to fit 6"-8" figures on them 3-4 figures wide.

So I guess 12" wide, 8" deep, and no more than 6" high.

Herbs

Banned
Speaking of Detolfs and risers. Where can I get 2 tier risers for those cases? I'd like to be able to fit 6"-8" figures on them 3-4 figures wide.

So I guess 12" wide, 8" deep, and no more than 6" high.

I used to go the container store. They have different options of plastic and acrylic items that can be repurposed for your needs.

NEO0MJ

Is there a reason Hot Toys only use the hair'like material with figures based on female characters?

Also I was looking into the Legacy Thunder Megazord so I don't miss out like I did with the Dragonzord and it looks really good.

11709678_1037088306302545_8946785553548613281_o.jpg

But then I look into preordering and the cost is $200?! What the hell is up with that price hike?

Boke1879

Is there a reason Hot Toys only use the hair'like material with figures based on female characters?

Also I was looking into the Legacy Thunder Megazord so I don't miss out like I did with the Dragonzord and it looks really good.

11709678_1037088306302545_8946785553548613281_o.jpg

But then I look into preordering and the cost is $200?! What the hell is up with that price hike?

That is too fucking much money lol

NEO0MJ

That is too fucking much money lol

Yeah. I mean it looks really nice and detailed and even appears to have some die-cast but it's still no where near the quality or articulation of a SOC to warrant that price-tag. It even has hollow parts. What's strange is that the Legacy Megazord is $70 or so.

Boke1879

Yeah. I mean it looks really nice and detailed and even appears to have some die-cast but it's still no where near the quality or articulation of a SOC to warrant that price-tag. It even has hollow parts. What's strange is that the Legacy Megazord is $70 or so.

Yea I got the Megazord great price imo. No idea why they feel $200 is justified for this. Looks great though.

Top Bottom