• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

WolfStark

Wait, Rey's lightsaber doesn't light up but Finn's does? Why?

Maybe the don't want to produce the arm for Rey. I don't own such a Hot Toys figure but Finn and Kylo seem to have Arms with batteries and a switch, so shey would need to make this for Rey too. I can't imagine that being very difficult but it would cost time and money. I wouldn't mind a later release and 10 bucks more and I am pretty sure most people think so too but it seems Hot Toys thinks different.

Snaku

Banned
PT6tHhPh.jpg

Y7RiTzCh.jpg

Got my Monsterarts Spitfire 2014 Goji in today and he's marvelous. Absolutely love the translucent dorsal plates, and the flame effect part is easily the best beam attack part Tamashii has ever done. The burnt out MUTO head is also really cool, but I forgot to take a picture of it. Looking forward to preordering GMK Goji next week.

Anyone have the Hot Toys Stealth Mark III diecast Iron Man? Is it worth getting? Haven't seen it in person and sometimes the pics and reviews make it look great but then some others make it look like a bit of a weak contribution to the Iron Man line of Hot Toys. I passed on the Mark III diecast first time around so don't feel I would be double dipping with this, but I am a little reluctant to buy it immediately for some reason.

dankir

Anyone have the Hot Toys Stealth Mark III diecast Iron Man? Is it worth getting? Haven't seen it in person and sometimes the pics and reviews make it look great but then some others make it look like a bit of a weak contribution to the Iron Man line of Hot Toys. I passed on the Mark III diecast first time around so don't feel I would be double dipping with this, but I am a little reluctant to buy it immediately for some reason.

If it has the articulation problems the first Diecast Mark 3 had I would pass. I didn't get either but if you like the color scheme then go for it.

looks lit up in that pic

Those pics always get photoshopped fro promo purposes. The text says:

Furthermore, Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber will now be included for Rey as a bonus accessory (This lightsaber does not contain LED light-up function).

Maybe the don't want to produce the arm for Rey. I don't own such a Hot Toys figure but Finn and Kylo seem to have Arms with batteries and a switch, so shey would need to make this for Rey too. I can't imagine that being very difficult but it would cost time and money. I wouldn't mind a later release and 10 bucks more and I am pretty sure most people think so too but it seems Hot Toys thinks different.

Ah. Thanks for the insight. I've never bought a Hot Toys figure before, let alone with a light up accessory so I had no idea how they work. I was wondering about that since the lightsaber looked so small but I didn't see any contacts on the hilt. Rey is likely to be my first one.

LiK

Those pics always get photoshopped fro promo purposes. The text says:

Ah. Thanks for the insight. I've never bought a Hot Toys figure before, let alone with a light up accessory so I had no idea how they work. I was wondering about that since the lightsaber looked so small but I didn't see any contacts on the hilt. Rey is likely to be my first one.

guess they'll save the light up function for a new version and the one with her alt outfit then. i really want that to display her against Kylo.

Boke1879

Welp I think I'm about to fall into the Hot Toys trap. Already got Phasma preordered, but I want that Rey with the Saber, and looking at the price of Finn...It's manageable. Just gotta really budget my money lol. It's not so bad though. I'll have enough.

LiK

Welp I think I'm about to fall into the Hot Toys trap. Already got Phasma preordered, but I want that Rey with the Saber, and looking at the price of Finn...It's manageable. Just gotta really budget my money lol. It's not so bad though. I'll have enough.

time to FlexPay

If it has the articulation problems the first Diecast Mark 3 had I would pass. I didn't get either but if you like the color scheme then go for it.

That's a damn good point, I hadn't considered that properly. Do you or anyone else have experience of the Whiplash Mark II Diecast? I know there isn't much metal in it but it does look damn good and it might be an alternative purchase to the Stealth Mark III.

That's a damn good point, I hadn't considered that properly. Do you or anyone else have experience of the Whiplash Mark II Diecast? I know there isn't much metal in it but it does look damn good and it might be an alternative purchase to the Stealth Mark III.
It's a fucking fantastic figure of one of the worst villains in the MCU.

The Mark III Diecast is probably one of the most underwhelming Iron Man figures that Hot Toys has released in a long time. I mean, it looks great, easily outclasses their older Mark III figures, but compared to the usual output from Hot Toys Iron Man figures, it just falls short.

I would assume you get the figure AFTER all the payments correct?

Yes. You decide at checkout how many payments you want to make (1-8 if release is far enough out, otherwise the options decrease in accordance with how many months are left before the product comes out) and then they start charging you X-number of months out from release so that your final payment coincides with the release of the product. So you're all paid up by the time it actually comes out and it isn't left sitting in a warehouse while you're still paying for it.

Boke1879

Yes. You decide at checkout how many payments you want to make (1-8 if release is far enough out, otherwise the options decrease in accordance with how many months are left before the product comes out) and then they start charging you X-number of months out from release so that your final payment coincides with the release of the product. So you're all paid up by the time it actually comes out and it isn't left sitting in a warehouse while you're still paying for it.

Ahh that makes is much more clear. Definitely looking into this.

curb

Banned
I briefly had that Hot Toys Rey in my cart and was looking at the payment plan. Briefly, then removed. Followed that up by a wistful sigh over that Captain Marvel. Aaaaand, I'm done.

Boke1879

I briefly had that Hot Toys Rey in my cart and was looking at the payment plan. Briefly, then removed. Followed that up by a wistful sigh over that Captain Marvel. Aaaaand, I'm done.

About to preorder Rey and Finn outright. I did exactly what you did and yes the price is daunting but I should have the funds by the time all of this releases. Outside of bills I don't really need to spend my money on things and I'm only buying a few games this year day 1.

guess they'll save the light up function for a new version and the one with her alt outfit then. i really want that to display her against Kylo.

Does she even have an alt outfit? Every time I see her, she's in the same outfit throughout the movie up through the final lightsaber battle.

dankir

He's fucking glorious :)

11927829_10156007900180451_313161998911592941_o.jpg

Only thing is this is whips barely light up because the LEDs are pretty weak in them, but other than that the figure is amazing.

curb

Banned
Odd, it won't give me a price either.

The main page for the figure says there are shipping restrictions. I don't know if thsy means they're anti-Canuck. Maybe they just want to save us Canadians from our horrible exchange rate.

dankir

If you're ordering from Sideshow and you're in Canada you're paying at least 50 bucks duties minimum. So take that into consideration.

You guys should try to buy from distributors within Canada works out to be a bit cheaper.

curb

Banned
If you're ordering from Sideshow and you're in Canada you're paying at least 50 bucks duties minimum. So take that into consideration.

You guys should try to buy from distributors within Canada works out to be a bit cheaper.

We have those?

Messi

Lemme just say...that IF Rey comes with a saber that doesn't light up then those promo pictures are some bullshit because that lighsaber is lit up and neon as fuck. I would see it as false advertising.

Top Bottom