• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Figured I should ask this thread since I don't know where else to look (I don't know if this has been asked before either so sorry if i make anyone repeat themselves) :

Anyone have any recommendations for how to go about selling sealed and collected action figures?

Horse Detective's father gave him 2 big boxes full of very old sealed Star Wars action figures and we both don't know where to start with how to sell them. Ebay is a thing but I figured I would ask here in case anyone knew of anywhere better :)

Try this thread or the general buy sell trade thread first. Great community here for trading.

Found these at Walgreens. Grabbed an extra Ganondorf for trading. PM me if interested.

Xh0xg0A.jpg

Cptkrush

For Marvel Legends stuff it depends on whether they are newer or older figures.

I have lots of the Neca 6 inch figure display stands and they work great with the older Toybiz figures. They fit pretty much all of them that I tried perfectly. And help alot with stability for bigger figures like Juggernaut and Hulkbuster Ironman. They fit a fair amount of other types of figures too.

However the Neca stands don't work with all the newer Hasbro stuff.
For the newer Hasbro Legends, the stands that came with the first movie Avengers figures work well. You can find them on ebay from Chinese sellers. They are modular pieces of plastic that you can stack on one another or connect in various ways. They work nice, but are much more noticeable then the clear Neca stands. I haven't tried the Hasbro stands with alot of other types of figures yet, but I assume it would fit some figures from other lines as well.

I made a video a while back on the Neca stands:
http://youtu.be/Hj5dXhg71ME

My favorite stands however are the Whippy Display stands. I was able to get a ton of them a while back and I use them for some cool displays. I don't see them around for sale very often anymore though.
Yeah, they're the newer Hasbro line. I just wish there was a unified peg size haha. The Whippy stands look so good, and really cheap, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I wish I could find them, or that the Bandai stands weren't 26 bucks for 3.
Since you own the Neca stands, do you think that a small piece of blue tack around the peg would help the figure fit more snug? I'm not concerned about the condition of the hole in the foot as I never plan to sell the figures

dangeROSS

Yeah, they're the newer Hasbro line. I just wish there was a unified peg size haha. The Whippy stands look so good, and really cheap, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I wish I could find them, or that the Bandai stands weren't 26 bucks for 3.
Since you own the Neca stands, do you think that a small piece of blue tack around the peg would help the figure fit more snug? I'm not concerned about the condition of the hole in the foot as I never plan to sell the figures

Yea, I was tempted by those Bandai stands. But the price put me off too. If you are looking for some Whippy stands and are in the U.S. PM me. I have a ton of them and I would sell some of my extras to Gafer's for what I paid. It's not a huge deal, but better then the random prices I see on eBay now I guess.

You can still find the Hasbro stands on eBay for really cheap though. If you have Hasbro Legends and are looking for the easiest and cheapest way to keep them standing that would probably be the way to go. As long as you don't mind how they would look in your display.

I tried using tack, super glue, Apoxy sculpt and other stuff on the pegs to increase sizes or help with better fits for peg holes. It never really worked out well or helped keep the figures standing. You may have better luck then I had, but I gave up on trying to get that kind of thing to work.

bryanee

Do they? He'll yeah! Those are amazing!

Thank you, they were packed away for the longest time as I didn't have anything to put them in to have on display. I saw this glass cabinet in Ikea for £40 so I bought one and now they look great in it.

I think I'm going to get a second to my Lego Batman sets in as they are on a shelf and are stupidly hard to clean.

Thank you, they were packed away for the longest time as I didn't have anything to put them in to have on display. I saw this glass cabinet in Ikea for £40 so I bought one and now they look great in it.

I think I'm going to get a second to my Lego Batman sets in as they are on a shelf and are stupidly hard to clean.
Have you seen the new megatron coming out soon?, I think you'll like it, I am on my phone now but if you are not able to find pictures of him I'll post them later tonight.

bryanee

Have you seen the new megatron coming out soon?, I think you'll like it, I am on my phone now but if you are not able to find pictures of him I'll post them later tonight.

Yeah I think so (the Mega Drive one?). I love a lot of new Transformers stuff especially the masterpiece line but money is an issue when it comes to stuff like that. They're always so expensive. I only have the Skywarp masterpiece because it was on sale for £30.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The Real Action Hero Guts Blackswordsman is hella cool

I would get it if wasn't was so expensive... Even the Figma is expensive now :(

Got the figma, have the RAH on pre-order and ended up pre-ordering this one tonight as well, you gotta find one of them affordable enough or you'll never have one :(

Yeah I think so (the Mega Drive one?). I love a lot of new Transformers stuff especially the masterpiece line but money is an issue when it comes to stuff like that. They're always so expensive. I only have the Skywarp masterpiece because it was on sale for £30.

You should get the new third party one that actually looks like G1 Megatron. It's called "Apollyon" cause the company doesn't want to get sued for trademark infringement.

Chinner

Banned
theres the band of the hawk version as well too, which looks pretty good, but tis not the same..

cheapest i can see the figma black swordsman is like 100 pounds... but it's like an investment, right?

dangeROSS

Is that Superman from a two pack that also included Batman from around 10 years ago? Because I had that two pack and the Superman figure looked like this one.

Edit: This one:
2_pack_batman_superman_moc.jpg

Yea, that's the one. I didn't even know where he came from at first. I got It from a local comic shop loose and had to ask people online where he was from. I never really got into DC figures.

So Baka, what are our chances of a fully finished Figma Femto with a release date announced a Wonfest this Sunday?

I never thought I'd see RAH as the reasonably-priced option for Berserk figures. Then Max Factory announced their polystone Guts would be 148,000¥ and limited to 300 pieces. XD

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
theres the band of the hawk version as well too, which looks pretty good, but tis not the same..

cheapest i can see the figma black swordsman is like 100 pounds... but it's like an investment, right?
Yeah Band of the Hawks Guts is not Black Swordsman Guts, at all, but it's something if your looking for a Guts figure. Being cheaper, makes it easier to see if you like it enough to dig deeper into your pockets for a Black swordsman though. Would shouldn't lose much if you hated it and wanted to resell it either.

At this point Figma Black Swordsman Guts should retain it's value, if they were gonna do a second run I think they would have done it years ago. Still would be better to wait until wonderfest is over and see if they re-release him or not.

So Baka, what are our chances of a fully finished Figma Femto with a release date announced a Wonfest this Sunday?

I'm all most certain he'll show up as he was sculpted a while back, and now with the first statue up for order would be a great time to show him (and hopefully more) off, with threezero getting the Berserk license a lot of people might jump on that if the figmas don't come out sooner...

I never thought I'd see RAH as the reasonably-priced option for Berserk figures. Then Max Factory announced their polystone Guts would be 148,000¥ and limited to 300 pieces. XD
LOL true...

Oh man dat figure dat price, well at least 2 Gaffers will own it
Will be 3 when Femto's (the gafposter) friend gets approved.

3N16MA

Banned
It's tough to get the DC Collectibles Arkham Origins Deathstroke at a decent price in Canada. Seems to be around $20 in the U.S. or cheaper in a 4 pack.

Enilced2

Do we have a rough release window for Nomura's variant play arts Batman? I know it's ridiculous but I need it in my life haha

3N16MA

Banned
NECA seems to be missing out on a lot of potential sales by dragging their feet on the Marvel 1/4 figures. The have the movie and comic license yet all we have is Cap and Iron man.

Also it would be amazing if they released Deathstroke to expand their Arkham Origins line. That 1/4 Batman looks great.

Croll

Neo Member
Do Transformers count?

I hope they do because I'd love to see more. That Apex Armor Prime is awesome. I just got an Evangelion mode MP-10 Convoy. It was expensive and the aesthetics were controversial but something as crazy as evangelion x transformers I had to have. Right now its still in its box and I don't know if I want to open it or leave it that way. Are there any MISB collectors here??

Fantomex

Do Transformers count?

They're pretty much the Kings of articulation. They can turn into other things, something legends can't do.

I don't know if any of you ever collected the SOTA Street fighter figures, but they were some of the best in the business when it came down to quality. Afterwards they hit a low point when they became Revolution. But this week I picked this guy up finally for a great price.

8RO2Wmq.png

I'm gonna need to track down a Ryu figure so it can have a faceoff with Wolverine.
Yea, that's the one. I didn't even know where he came from at first. I got It from a local comic shop loose and had to ask people online where he was from. I never really got into DC figures.
Haha, awesome! I've never seen anyone with this figure, funnily enough.

Cptkrush

^^ That Russian soldier looks phenomenal, are they available for pre order anywhere yet or were they just announced?

I ended up buying the three pack of Tamashii Stage Act.5 stands from amazon for 17 bucks, I was worried that it was "for mechanics" but several reviews and pictures eased my fear. I also grabbed my first Star Wars figure, Boba Fett from the Black Series. I kinda wonder if I should get Han too, since I saw him in the store and he looks great, but I dunno if I want to start collecting another series haha.

I also pre-ordered the Venom Snake and Solid Snake Revoltech minis from a website called EKnight, anyone have experience with them? They offer free shipping and are only charging 40 for Venom and 30 for Solid, which is the lowest price I've found for domestic sites.

Looks like the Russian soldier will be up for preorder on the 25th of February (not entirely sure though) and will release in June for 3654JPY.

Anyone else collect the black series? Love them, I only collect the villains though

dPcIl3Gl.jpg

Yep, loving them. Think I'm going to stay away from the figures with cloth capes and outfits though. Really odd looking at that scale.

Massive photo dump of my my raggedy looking geek shelves.

Man, that setup would annoy the fuck out of me every time I wanted to get a book off of the shelf or something. Love the He-Man figures. Are those remakes of the older ones?

Top Bottom