• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Have you seen this already?
ptHxKlp.png

PED suit?

If so what stage infection?

CBR: 15 Weirdest TMNT figures

My childhood! Scumbug and Mutagen Man were a couple of my favorites. Also Groundchuck, who didn't make the list.

I had (still have locked up somewhere) 8 of those, plus the bull one, plus other weird ones. Not even sure they were released in UK but a holiday to Florida saw loads bought cheap and given to me next Xmas.

Messi

Did Messi ever post his Harley collection? I swear I saw it before.

I posted a picture of one of my statue cabinets, the rest is all over the place. I try to keep it seperate so I don't look like a crazy person. But its hard to hide 140ish harley comics lol.

LiK

I posted a picture of one of my statue cabinets, the rest is all over the place. I try to keep it seperate so I don't look like a crazy person. But its hard to hide 140ish harley comics lol.

can you repost that pic real quick? i wanna see it again. having a hard time going back page after page lol

edit: nm, i found it.

Messi

yea, these statues used to be so much more affordable.

ah ok, i managed to find that one pic you posted a while back. lol. thanks for the updated pics. can i come visit? :p

You don't want to come here. You'd be buried in all my shit. Right beside my seat I have a tower of boxes that I fear will one day fall on me.

LiK

You don't want to come here. You'd be buried in all my shit. Right beside my seat I have a tower of boxes that I fear will one day fall on me.

you should see my basement. it's a mess. i'm trying to sell some stuff on eBay. need to clear out a bunch of figures i no longer want.

Messi

God damn. Does it really look as good as that pic on the packaging?

Its mass produced so maybe not that level but its still really striking. I'd say its the best one other than the Valley one. Both very striking. Timms one captures his style. Where as Conners one really fails to capture her style. Chiang's is also very nice.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Today was a good day for Neca stuff. Ultimate City Hunter hit shelves locally and Elm St. 3 Freddy was restocked.
That Predator is sweet but I wish its disc weapon would stay in its holster better.

Hot Toys collection update,I have 12 more figures plus the Hall of Armor 8 pcs set but they are buried way deep in my storage and Im too lazy to digg em out lol Hopefully I find a house soon so I can finally display all this shit.

uaXxuKfh.jpg

^ yea, i have more than that and most are all still in the brown boxes >.<

It was a bitch taking these all out of the brown shippers for a pic lol

oh dang!

keep them boxed up. i mean who buys figures to display them?

Lmao,I have a couple doubles I have never opened but I usually open up every figure once i get it to make sure everythings good to go. Ive probably only displayed 10 of these figues,rotating every 6 months. Gonna be awesome to have em all out at once!

LiK

probably a good thing i kept them in the boxes. i'm gonna start selling some. just don't care about some of them anymore especially some of the Iron Men Armor ones. i gave up trying to collect them all.

probably a good thing i kept them in the boxes. i'm gonna start selling some. just don't care about some of them anymore especially some of the Iron Men Armor ones. i gave up trying to collect them all.

Yeah I started selling some of my Ironmens,Im down to 10 now and plan on getting 2 or 3 more from the iron legion and im done. I dont know how anyone could keep up with getting all of them,it would drive me nuts and broke!

man... if it were Bandai DX chogokin or Yamato/Arcadia Macross instead of Iron Man... i would've snatched them all up from you =)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hot Toys collection update,I have 12 more figures plus the Hall of Armor 8 pcs set but they are buried way deep in my storage and Im too lazy to digg em out lol Hopefully I find a house soon so I can finally display all this shit.

Can you dig it?

Hhhgggnnnnn! Couldn't help myself. Got Gwendolyn and this guy.

Stretch goals are always killer! I haven't been spamming AFG because they keep getting unlocked so fast and revealing new things, but I have a giant picture of them all for reference.

Got my Forest Troll today AKA heaven on earth AKA Figure of the Year 2017 AKA Twist Tie Bonanza

Been waiting since last March, but it's finally here! Looks just as amazing in person as it did at SDCC. Super freaking solid with heavy ratchet joints and all-around amazingness. The packaging isn't as collector friendly as the figures usually are due to the Trolls being gigantic and hefty, but I was able to keep the packaging intact using my twist tie skills from days of Hasbro past. Can't wait to see the dragon they want to make!

guys pls back the 2.0 KS and get some awesome 4H figs

NEO0MJ

Keeping figures boxed is such a waste for me. I mean unless you're planning on just selling them in the future (and in that case there are better and easier investment options) you might as well just star at online pictures.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Keeping figures boxed is such a waste for me. I mean unless you're planning on just selling them in the future (and in that case there are better and easier investment options) you might as well just star at online pictures.

I don't typically save the boxes unless they're import figures or convention exclusives, but all 4H figures are collector friendly (slide the backing out and play), and the packaging is so awesome looking that I keep it. They're also super limited figures, so I wouldn't just toss it out like I would for Marvel Legends packaging.

I'm willing to ease your burden. You can send that Blade figure my way. It's a sacrifice, I know. But I think I can find space for him.

Haha my favorite figure. If your okay with recasts there is a awesome Blade one. I bought one and it is very comparable to the real thing and only $150 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-BLAD...e012226&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=161997665773 Heres a review on it too http://www.blackactionfigure.com/?p=4104

Someone else mentioned that figure elsewhere. I have it saved in my E-Bay wish list. I've been able to resist, so far. But I know I'll eventually breakdown and buy him. I only have so much self-control. I mean, he would look great with my Selene, Eric Draven and Alice figures...

Bii

I thought I was bad with my two unopened Hot Toys. :/

Are those brown shippers worth anything? When I got my first two Hot Toys, I threw those out. Been keeping them since, just because.

NEO0MJ

I don't typically save the boxes unless they're import figures or convention exclusives, but all 4H figures are collector friendly (slide the backing out and play), and the packaging is so awesome looking that I keep it. They're also super limited figures, so I wouldn't just toss it out like I would for Marvel Legends packaging.

No problem in keeping boxes, but keeping figures boxed is a sin.

Can you dig it?

Stretch goals are always killer! I haven't been spamming AFG because they keep getting unlocked so fast and revealing new things, but I have a giant picture of them all for reference.

Got my Forest Troll today AKA heaven on earth AKA Figure of the Year 2017 AKA

Been waiting since last March, but it's finally here! Looks just as amazing in person as it did at SDCC. Super freaking solid with heavy ratchet joints and all-around amazingness. The packaging isn't as collector friendly as the figures usually are due to the Trolls being gigantic and hefty, but I was able to keep the packaging intact using my twist tie skills from days of Hasbro past. Can't wait to see the dragon they want to make!

guys pls back the 2.0 KS and get some awesome 4H figs
Man I am super sad I missed out on that troll.

Is the dragon a stretch goal of the current KS?

uaXxuKfh.jpg

Oh goddammit another person with Blade why you people do this to me.

LiK

I only kept them boxed cuz I don't have a display for them. Been trying to reorganize some of my displays but I've been lazy.

I'm not trying to be snobby or anything. Just me personally, I couldn't do it, I couldn't keep something boxed. I bought my neighbor Pinky and The Brain Funko Pops for Xmas for his man cave garage as he always quotes them when we're sitting around have a few drinks. "You pondering what I'm pondering?" He has kept them boxed and it bugs the fuck out of me. I must admit, he has come up with a pretty good story why they are in their box. They are trying to figure out how to get out of the box, that's what they are pondering.

Anyways, I might sound weird but in the box, they are just a material object. I know out of their box they are a material object, but when you hold them and pose them, and appreciate the little details, the craftsmanship, they are art to me. Art is alive. I know I'm getting deep here but for $200-300 a pop, they better have a deeper meaning than a hunk of plastic and Barbie cloths.

Top Bottom