• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Mondo Ramona Flowers delayed to Q2. Quality reasons cited.

74f41ec3406f715d66114a82f0658a52.gif

Mondo Ramona Flowers delayed to Q2. Quality reasons cited.

The remaining Mondo TMNT figures were delayed to Q2 too. Bummer.

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that, due to new regulations placed in China for processing recycled paper, there are factory wide paper shortages that have sadly delayed the packaging production for The Raphael 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure. This, combined with the Chinese holiday, pushes the shipment of these figures to the second quarter of this year. For a closer look, please visit this link for an update posted by our Creative Director of Toys & Collectibles, Brock: https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/january-2017-collectibles-update

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your continued patience and support. If you need to change your address, or have any questions or concerns, please let us know!

Best,

MONDO

Probably but its still cool. I'm pretty sure the BvS figures sold a lot better than the Adam West Batman figures so they'll most likely release this in limited quantities.

I will immensely regret not getting the Adam West Batman the moment they ever put up for order the Romero Joker.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I will immensely regret not getting the Adam West Batman the moment they ever put up for order the Romero Joker.

I didn't know there was a Hot Toys Adam West Batman until a week or two ago. If anything could have broken me, that would have been it.
Temple of Doom Indy came somewhat close, though.

LiK

I think I'm gonna stop preordering from AmiAmi. Seems like Amazon Japan is a good place to buy again these days and easy to cancel. Only sucks when they won't ship to US for some figures. But sometimes by the time a figure comes out, I'm not as interested. Just had a past payment due for a Nendo and I'm gonna just let it die.

Zombine

Banned
I think I'm gonna stop preordering from AmiAmi. Seems like Amazon Japan is a good place to buy again these days and easy to cancel. Only sucks when they won't ship to US for some figures. But sometimes by the time a figure comes out, I'm not as interested. Just had a past payment due for a Nendo and I'm gonna just let it die.

They will try to scare you. Call their bluff.

LiK

They will try to scare you. Call their bluff.

Hey, some of you guys have let them all die multiple times with no issues so that's fine with me. ;)

I'm also selling some sealed PAKs. If you're willing to pay double or triple the MSRP and help me out, let me know. Otherwise, they're going up on eBay.

TheFlow

Banned
OMG that Shin Godzilla is fucking amazing and captures the scene from the movie.

The new voltron figure comes out. I have it ordered but I might cancel because I love the look of the 2016 voltron as well.

LiK

BBTS 10 day notice for arrivals of preorders is friggin' fantastic. I can check if I still want it and cancel before they even ship. Anyone else loving this feature? Love preordering from them.

BBTS 10 day notice for arrivals of preorders is friggin' fantastic. I can check if I still want it and cancel before they even ship. Anyone else loving this feature? Love preordering from them.

Is the joke here they stopped doing them cause Diggeh flipped out yesterday when our MMC Kultur orders came in stock with no prior notice.

LiK

Is the joke here they stopped doing them cause Diggeh flipped out yesterday when our MMC Kultur orders came in stock with no prior notice.

Not joking. I still get the emails. Got two more yesterday and canceled cuz I don't want them anymore.

And I can still cancel if it's in my Pile of Loot. They are so nice. (Not being sarcastic)

Not joking. I still get the emails. Got two more yesterday and canceled cuz I don't want them anymore.

And I can still cancel if it's in my Pile of Loot. They are so nice. (Not being sarcastic)

BBTS' only issue is sometimes their pricing gets a bit out of hand but I still order from then more than anyplace else. Their email system seems pretty hit or miss recently though. I'll get 10 day notices for some items and then other times just the "it's in stock" email.

LiK

BBTS' only issue is sometimes their pricing gets a bit out of hand but I still order from then more than anyplace else. Their email system seems pretty hit or miss recently though. I'll get 10 day notices for some items and then other times just the "it's in stock" email.

I really hate the prices for their import figures altho it seems closer to JPN MSRP these days. I also miss when they used to sell Hot Toys for less than SS. Now they just price match them. But I still like them for the ease of cancellations with no hassle.

Sometime I will get a 10 Day Notice and the item has already been charged (it's happened twice last year for big $200+ items) but overall, they usually do a great job with the notices and I always seem to find great deals on random figures, models, etc,.

One of best deals I got last year was the Apollo 13 Tamashii Nations model:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN15051&mode=retail

Got it for almost half off, which was great because I couldn't justify spending $560+ for it. The quality is amazing but the price is just painful.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I mean...it is the third time they've done it in my last few orders. Feels like we've gone back to a time before they used to do 10 day notices. Not that I mind, but it makes me rethink what I have preordered there.

Now to help people with toy questi--

Who is Diggeh ?
He's a home wrecker who comes in here and acts like he owns the place. Neither trusted or well liked.
His response will be snarky and more than likely include a GIF.
A bad influence. The devil on your shoulder. The voice that compels Messi to buy every Harley figure released.

MY BRAND

- J - D -

Hi action figure gaf I haven't followed toy news in years and I have a question. I'm shopping for my nephew's upcoming birthday and he really likes The Hulk. Hulk is his favorite Avenger and he's always jonesing for a new action figure or figurine of the green guy so I wanna ask those who collect Marvel figures what the best Hulk action figure currently available?

I know of the Hot Toys 12 inch one but that is a) too damn expensive and b) I think he generally sticks to the smaller 6 inch scale (or closest) from what I've seen of his toy shelf. I know he has a few of the Marvel Legends ones, including the latest MCU one from Age of Ultron. And a statue which I saw on the box was from Kotobukiya(?) iirc.

Thanks.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Mythic Legions 2.0: Advent of Decay Kickstarter is now live!

Dla3Qv4.png

More reveals later.

h e l p

Hi action figure gaf I haven't followed toy news in years and I have a question. I'm shopping for my nephew's upcoming birthday and he really likes The Hulk. Hulk is his favorite Avenger and he's always jonesing for a new action figure or figurine of the green guy so I wanna ask those who collect Marvel figures what the best Hulk action figure currently available?

The current Marvel Legends Hulk is probably the best 6" scaled Hulk for the price, but it's a bit more expensive now. I'd recommend getting the Marvel Select Hulk (or at least one of the Marvel Select Hulks) because they're hefty and awesome.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
And only like 2-3 other AFG people will buy any because people pls

I really like the look of those ML vampire figures. But the price just makes me want to avoid the line. It would be $120 for the figures I want. That's just too rich for my blood for what they offer.

Anyway, I received the Ultimate City Hunter Predator from NECA a couple of days ago. Been really looking forward to this guy!

9t36z6E.jpg

k4Tx0Yq.jpg

IQp1Xfs.jpg

mpcVZ2r.jpg

7OhTwLK.jpg

ZxHCuUL.jpg

qkqbhxw.jpg

NW4EtmV.jpg

2tLv9FG.jpg

This guy is awesome! So glad I never paid the after market premium on one of the older versions. Just so much articulation. Between that and his numerous accessories, he just has so many display options. The paint work is beautiful. It really brings him to life. So much bang for the buck. It's hard to believe this guy is only $25! He really makes me want to go out and get the rest of the LA Hunting Party to complete the P2 collection. Bring on the Ultimate Jungle Hunter!

Top Bottom