• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Blues1990

I'm going to be getting a hell of a deal with the Lucina Figma, down from $110 Canadian to $50 Canadian.

I honestly can't wait, as she's one of my favourite characters from the Fire Emblem series (second only to Titania).
a5277a81bbaa2afe20549d995c2cd2f4.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyway, I received the Ultimate City Hunter Predator from NECA a couple of days ago. Been really looking forward to this guy!
Nice!

I have Ultimate City Hunter and Jungle Hunter ordered. I love NECA's predator and aliens figures, but they do way too many variants for my taste. Still, I'll happily get those two since they are the most iconic versions in my mind. They look fantastic.

Blues1990

Where are you getting her from?

Well, if I tell you, then you are probably going to snatch her up. :p

In all seriousness, I'll be getting her at Metrotown later today. Which is great, as I've been looking for this figurine for quite some time.

Good choice, Lucina's great.
9ipxtFe.png

Yeah, she will look awesome right next to ALBW Link and Other M Samus Aran.

Yeah, I want a figurine based off of her Prime design, but what can you do.

Well, if I tell you, then you are probably going to snatch her up. :p

In all seriousness, I'll be getting her at Metrotown later today. Which is great, as I've been looking for this figurine for quite some time.

Ack thought maybe it was somewhere online. Well congrats on the find, she's a real beauty. The last Figma I bought was Link from A Link Between Worlds, I need to step up my collection.

- J - D -

No problem! Selects are great, especially for bigger characters.

Diggeh I bought that Select Hulk and in the process of doing so I came across these two Hulks:

Bandai S.H.Figuarts Avengers Age of Ultron Hulk
0jn6eg6.jpg

Max Factory Figma Hulk (Avengers)
MFzXRAD.jpg

Looks like they are both Japanese imports and both fit in with the Marvel Legends scale. I've heard of Figma before, they make anime figures but I didn't know they did non-anime stuff.

Anyone have experience with both Figma and Figuarts? I am leaning towards the Figma since it looks more like the Hulk from the MCU movies but at $100 each I'd rather be safe and go for the more durable one since this will be a gift for a younger person.

Thanks.

bengraven

Hard to find non-movie Avengers, especially Hulk and Iron Man.

But I grabbed Hawkeye for 10 bucks from a a Kmart closing sale yesterday! Had to grab the second one I found after nearly checking out and realizing the first didn't come with the bow (assholes)...

Got these at Kmart. All toys are 40% off.

Edit: Pictures of the Kmart exclusive Star Wars Black Series figures. Starkiller Base Rey and Kylo Ren, and Eadu Jyn Erso.

Almost bought these myself yesterday in Palatka, FL. They had like 50 of them. Maybe I'll see if they still have them Thursday.

Hero

Diggeh I bought that Select Hulk and in the process of doing so I came across these two Hulks:

Bandai S.H.Figuarts Avengers Age of Ultron Hulk
0jn6eg6.jpg

Max Factory Figma Hulk (Avengers)
MFzXRAD.jpg

Looks like they are both Japanese imports and both fit in with the Marvel Legends scale. I've heard of Figma before, they make anime figures but I didn't know they did non-anime stuff.

Anyone have experience with both Figma and Figuarts? I am leaning towards the Figma since it looks more like the Hulk from the MCU movies but at $100 each I'd rather be safe and go for the more durable one since this will be a gift for a younger person.

Thanks.

Figma and Figuarts are both really awesome lines of 'adult' toys. I have figures from both but I tend to prefer Figma a bit more.

SeanC

Thanks.

The Figma certainly has the better sculpt and paint.

I've liked both FIgma and Figuarts stuff (I have Figma Links/Samus and a lot of Figuarts and love them all). No complaints on either really.

- J - D -

Figma and Figuarts are both really awesome lines of 'adult' toys. I have figures from both but I tend to prefer Figma a bit more.

The Figma certainly has the better sculpt and paint.

I've liked both FIgma and Figuarts stuff (I have Figma Links/Samus and a lot of Figuarts and love them all). No complaints on either really.

Okay cool, thanks. I think I'll just get the Figma one then. Amazon has it for ~$105 which seems pricey but I suppose that's just how it is for import figures that appear to be more "premium" than say a Marvel Legends.

While looking at the amazon page for these I saw a Bruce Lee figure that I might end up getting for myself, lol.

Okay cool, thanks. I think I'll just get the Figma one then. Amazon has it for ~$105 which seems pricey but I suppose that's just how it is for import figures that appear to be more "premium" than say a Marvel Legends.

While looking at the amazon page for these I saw a Bruce Lee figure that I might end up getting for myself, lol.

Both lines are excellent. Figma are usually worse for the more realistic face (see Solid Snake). Hulk wise I prefer theirs over Figuarts. Both make quality stuff for the most part. Both Hulks also sold out so you're paying the higher price for buying late I believe, at least for the SHF.

Get the SHF Bruce Lee over Figma. Superior looking face (now that they've been experimenting with 3D scans). Game of Death Bruce Lee is also out/coming out from them too! Wish I could spare the cash for it, but nay.

Meanwhile, Figma Saitma has is out this month! Was hoping he'd be delayed a few weeks more, like Figmas are! Oh well!

That Nendo Link looks so good! Their Figma should be equally as cool.

- J - D -

Both lines are excellent. Figma are usually worse for the more realistic face (see Solid Snake). Hulk wise I prefer theirs over Figuarts. Both make quality stuff for the most part. Both Hulks also sold out so you're paying the higher price for buying late I believe, at least for the SHF.

Get the SHF Bruce Lee over Figma. Superior looking face (now that they've been experimenting with 3D scans). Game of Death Bruce Lee is also out/coming out from them too! Wish I could spare the cash for it, but nay.

Is that why I see that Black Panther and Black Widow are each like $100+? Pretty pricey for 6 inch figures. At least with hulk he's got the sheer size to justify the cost.

Yeah I saw the Figuarts Bruce first. I just looked at the Figma version and it looks anime-like but something went wrong along the way, because I saw Figma Leonidas from 300 on the same page and it looks much closer to what I imagine a stylized version of an actor would look. Figma Bruce just looks weird.

1upsuper

Thanks.

As others have said, Figma and Figuarts are basically the best in their class. I pretty much only buy figures from those two lines, aside from the occasional Transformer or statue.

And yeah, as someone else said, you're paying a post-release premium at this point. Pre-ordering is the name of the game if you want decent prices. Lots of figures jump up in price pretty quickly.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is that why I see that Black Panther and Black Widow are each like $100+? Pretty pricey for 6 inch figures. At least with hulk he's got the sheer size to justify the cost.

Yeah I saw the Figuarts Bruce first. I just looked at the Figma version and it looks anime-like but something went wrong along the way, because I saw Figma Leonidas from 300 on the same page and it looks much closer to what I imagine a stylized version of an actor would look. Figma Bruce just looks weird.

The reason those ones are expensive AF is that they're web exclusives that can only be ordered from Japanese addresses.

figma and Figuarts are the best ever

buy all the things

all of them

Meh... The Hasbro version of AoU Hulk is way better than the Figuarts one.
Seriously, look at this shit.
https://postimage.org/
Scust.

- J - D -

As others have said, Figma and Figuarts are basically the best in their class. I pretty much only buy figures from those two lines, aside from the occasional Transformer or statue.

And yeah, as someone else said, you're paying a post-release premium at this point. Pre-ordering is the name of the game if you want decent prices. Lots of figures jump up in price pretty quickly.

I usually have rule about not pre-ordering things, but I just saw this:

Wow! I might just bend the rule just this once.

figma and Figuarts are the best ever

buy all the things

all of them

No no, lol. I saw Hulk(s), then Bruce, then Luke, then Doc Strange, and now I feel like I'm standing at the top of a slippery slope.

The reason those ones are expensive AF is that they're web exclusives that can only be ordered from Japanese addresses.

What? That's really lame and doesn't make sense for Black Panther, who made a huge splash in Civil War, and Black Widow, who is a core member of the Avengers. Demand from collectors outside Japan has got to be pretty high.

Major disappointment for long time Figuarts fans, I bet.

Meh... The Hasbro version of AoU Hulk is way better than the Figuarts one.
Seriously, look at this shit.
https://postimage.org/
Scust.

What's up with his legs? lol

Yeah, Black Panther and Widow were Premium (online exclusive for Japan) so they were expensive as it is. They were available for much less as pre-order. Pretty sure being female and based on a person's likeness is either going to go 2 ways 1)Super cheap or 2)Expensive. Considering Star Wars Padme for these reasons (and Star Wars brand).

LiK

Those Gecco Bloodborne accessories are now available on their site. Too rich for my blood. Not paying $58 for one weapon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I usually have rule about not pre-ordering things, but I just saw this:

No no, lol. I saw Hulk(s), then Bruce, then Luke, then Doc Strange, and now I feel like I'm standing at the top of a slippery slope.

Get some Figuarts! They're freaking awesome.

do it

Are you sure~? Because you see...ummm...Hmmm
This is not my forte. Diggeh, assist me!

Buy it! Don't forget to buy the figma when it comes out too.

eDlk5Hk.png

WonFes and Toy Fair will be brutal as usual gotta bunker down

Top Bottom