• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Beth Cyra

ZOMBINE PLS I pine daily for him

RLKlZDF.jpg

Also, in other big news, FIGUARTS NAPPA IS FINALLY FREAKING COMING OUT IN AUGUST AFTER YEARS OF BEING DISPLAY ONLY

oh and a Vegeta reissue in July but NAPPA
Happy Nappa is final getting released.

Did they ever fully cancel SSJ 4 Goku or are we still just playing the waiting game?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
KDash pls gotta get some SW Figuarts

Maul and either Luke (or both) are must-owns!

- J - D -

Figuarts RoTJ Luke is over $100+ now I just checked. T_T

Probably for the best though. Can't afford to get into another big series anyway.

KDash pls gotta get some SW Figuarts

Maul and either Luke (or both) are must-owns!
I would, but the prices scare me... D:

Last I remember seeing, Jedi Luke was like $80! He's the only one I really want at the moment, but that's way too much for me!

I normally only buy retail figures that go for like $10-$20. The only S.H. Figuarts I have are Sailor Moon and Luigi. I like them, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for either. I used gift cards to cover almost half the price of Sailor Moon, and I got Luigi loose at a comic shop for $15. They're great, but I think they cost too much regularly for me. :(

Figuarts RoTJ Luke is over $100+ now I just checked. T_T

Probably for the best though. Can't afford to get into another big series anyway.
Well, shit. It's worse than I thought. D:

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That Figuarts Jabba looks worse than the Black Series one, like way worse.
Also, when is Han supposed to ship? I haven't been asked for payment info yet and it's worrying me.

I swear if the Jakks Nintendo line doesn't go in on Breath of The Wild the line deserves to burn.

ToyWiz has a pre-order page for a World of Nintendo Link figure from Breath of the Wild.

Not Zelda related, but they also have pre-orders for Iggy Koopa, Lakitu, Inkling Girl, Mario Maker Mario, Classic Mario, Ice Mario, Yellow Yoshi, and new versions of Bowser Jr. (with paint brush) and Luigi (open hands).

ToyWiz has a pre-order page for a World of Nintendo Link figure from Breath of the Wild.

Not Zelda related, but they also have pre-orders for Iggy Koopa, Lakitu, Inkling Girl, Mario Maker Mario, Classic Mario, Ice Mario, Yellow Yoshi, and new versions of Bowser Jr. (with paint brush) and Luigi (open hands).

Thanks.

I really wish Hasbro would do a 6 inch GI Joe line. I would be all over that.

I'd beg that they not ruin Joe like they did Star Wars but GI Joe is already dead...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I really wish Hasbro would do a 6 inch GI Joe line. I would be all over that.

Articulated Icons deluxe white ninja is basically Storm Shadow. Their figure called Solitaire is like their take on Snake Eyes.
That line is expensive AF, though.

Replicant

Really? That Star-Lord 2 Hot toys figure is not that different from the first one and less stylish too.

Ugh. May just end up buying Daredevil instead. Is that already for preorder yet?

I'd beg that they not ruin Joe like they did Star Wars but GI Joe is already dead...

Yeah, the series is dead as dead can be. I looked into collecting them, and it's just sad what the line is. There just doesn't seem to be much of a market for that scale these days.

Articulated Icons deluxe white ninja is basically Storm Shadow. Their figure called Solitaire is like their take on Snake Eyes.
That line is expensive AF, though.

Yeah, I saw those figures. Really cool looking. Too expensive for a figure line that I want to collect on a regular basis. I'm fine with dropping $50+ on the occasional figure. But when each figure in the line requires that I'm out.

Yeah, the series is dead as dead can be. I looked into collecting them, and it's just sad what the line is.
I was collecting them from basically the reinvented 25th Anniversary line through the 2nd movie line which was the deathblow because they put toys out and then the movie got bumped a year.

they were making the coolest action figures around in that period.
its pretty sad that Habro failed when the market for a 3.75 military line is still there.

*not my pictures btw.

Is the Joe line really dead? I'd have thought they would at least switch to a limited release system like Mattel's He-Man line to appease old fans.
They do 99% repaints for a small wave or 2 a year for an exclusive with Toysrus.
this is the first real new sculpt in years and its thrown into a 3pack with figures released many times and in their worst paint jobs.
Collector's club gets a wave a year but its also mostly repaints.

Minor update on Revoltech Spidey. Mine suffers a loose shoulder joint. I think it's fairly common for Revo stuff, but it means using his left up from swinging/hanging poses for reliability now. Still, love the figure otherwise.

LiK

Canceled my HT Civil War Ant-Man and Scarlet Witch orders. For some reason BBTS switched the box condition of Ant-Man to Sub too which annoyed me. But honestly, I don't have the money for both of them right now. Plus, I don't really want them that badly. Maybe in the future. I can always get the next Avengers versions down the line from Infinity War.

- J - D -

Is Amiami a reliable place to get stuff? I looked at their FAQ and apparently you can't cancel orders at any point, what's with that.?

LiK

Is Amiami a reliable place to get stuff? I looked at their FAQ and apparently you can't cancel orders at any point, what's with that.?

Super reliable. One of the best import sites. The cancellation ain't a big deal. You can request cancellations by email. They say that to avoid frequent cancellations. Some people got warnings for canceling too much. Altho, davidwangchoi said you can just let the payment requests lapse without problems.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not enough Mezco One:12 love around here guys!

Is anyone getting One:12 Daredevil or Green Arrow? Both are now in stock at multiple online retailers.

DVFQmsu.jpg

They have a lot of figures releasing in the coming months... and they are due to announce a bunch more stuff at Toy Fair!

Here are some reviews!

Daredevil
Green Arrow
Commander Rogers

- J - D -

Super reliable. One of the best import sites. The cancellation ain't a big deal. You can request cancellations by email. They say that to avoid frequent cancellations. Some people got warnings for canceling too much. Altho, davidwangchoi said you can just let the payment requests lapse without problems.

Okay good to know. Thanks, Lik.

I was thinking of preordering things from them seeing as they seem to have lower prices compared to other online retailers like BBTS, even after factoring shipping costs.

Not enough Mezco One:12 love around here guys!

Is anyone getting One:12 Daredevil or Green Arrow? Both are now in stock at multiple online retailers.

*snip*

They have a lot of figures releasing in the coming months... and they are due to announce a bunch more stuff at Toy Fair!

Here are some reviews!

Daredevil
Green Arrow
Commander Rogers

Green Arrow and Daredevil look cool. Not sure about their larger, buffer heroes though. Those look proportionately...odd?

LiK

Okay good to know. Thanks, Lik.

I was thinking of preordering things from them seeing as they seem to have lower prices compared to other online retailers like BBTS, even after factoring shipping costs.

Yea, that's pretty much one of the main reasons. They give out pretty great discounts for preorders. Also the shipping boxes they use are rock solid so no damage ever. The only annoying thing is their cancellation system. If they allowed us to cancel whenever directly on the site then it would be the best import site.

- J - D -

Yea, that's pretty much one of the main reasons. They give out pretty great discounts for preorders. Also the shipping boxes they use are rock solid so no damage ever. The only annoying thing is their cancellation system. If they allowed us to cancel whenever directly on the site then it would be the best import site.

Yeah the cancellation policy is a minor inconvenience. I like that they have a lot of shipping options. EMS is generally reliable?

LiK

Yeah the cancellation policy is a minor inconvenience. I like that they have a lot of shipping options. EMS is generally reliable?

EMS is the fastest but most expensive. I use Registered Airmail. Costs half the price and also has tracking. Takes like 2-3 weeks but I'm in no rush.

it's a good place to get stuff because of the early bird (pre-order prices are usually the lowest. and like LiK said, they pack the item very well, but if you by a small chance get a damaged item, you're SOL. they will not help you as i witnessed several cases in the past.
for small figures you should be good to go.

- J - D -

EMS is the fastest but most expensive. I use Registered Airmail. Costs half the price and also has tracking. Takes like 2-3 weeks but I'm in no rush.

Okay. Being in California I expect it shouldn't take too long with Airmail. Save some bucks in the process.

btw my first figure pre-order will be Figma One Punch Man Saitama. Dipping my toes in preordering collectibles.
Can't wait!
47IyRKV.jpg

it's a good place to get stuff because of the early bird (pre-order prices are usually the lowest. and like LiK said, they pack the item very well, but if you by a small chance get a damaged item, you're SOL. they will not help you as i witnessed several cases in the past.
for small figures you should be good to go.

Customer service not great, then? That's a bummer. Always the risk when importing I guess, unless Hobby Link Japan (or the like) is different. Ideally if I wanted total reassurance of being taken care of when something arrives damaged or defective, I'd just go with Amazon. But they get their stock rather slowly and prices are higher than average I've found.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
JD already making a beeline toward AmiAmi I'm so proud

Go EMS for the best, fastest shipping or SAL Registered if you think you can wait 2-5 weeks for your fun new figures. I always do EMS because I need my things ASAP.

Soon you, too, will have monthly orders. Then you'll learn the joy of tossing in preowned figures at awesome prices in great shape.

all the things

JD already making a beeline toward AmiAmi I'm so proud

Go EMS for the best, fastest shipping or SAL Registered if you think you can wait 2-5 weeks for your fun new figures. I always do EMS because I need my things ASAP.

Soon you, too, will have monthly orders. Then you'll learn the joy of tossing in preowned figures at awesome prices in great shape.

all the things

False prophet.

Top Bottom