• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

FREEZY PLEEZE READ THE THREEZY

Figma Deadpool up in the usual places. DX looks cool but Revo is so good. So many cool Deadpools!

The Revo is an awful figure with ugly joints and weird proportions. I mean yeah you can hide it pretty well in certain poses but I expect the Figma to be a lot better. Ordered the DX from Ami, gotta keep the Deadpool shelf up to date.

NEO0MJ

Just found out now that a Soul of Chogokin Gypsy Danger is coming :O

Photo_Apr_29_4_55_57_PM.jpg

It was announced two weeks ago. Bandai is really aiming for that Western market these days.

Fuck, that Figma Deadpool looks so good but I've already got the Revo version and I'm happy with it. Maybe I'll buy the DX version so I can justify it to myself :p

KingV

The Revo is an awful figure with ugly joints and weird proportions. I mean yeah you can hide it pretty well in certain poses but I expect the Figma to be a lot better. Ordered the DX from Ami, gotta keep the Deadpool shelf up to date.

It's a revo, they all look terrible in a vanilla pose, but you buy them because they have more range of motion than anything else on the market.

It's a revo, they all look terrible in a vanilla pose, but you buy them because they have more range of motion than anything else on the market.

I don't really agree with that though. Revo Eva-01 is worse in every capacity than the Robot Spirits Eva-01, who has better movement on top of better sculpting and a better joint system. Revo varies wildly figure to figure.

KingV

I don't really agree with that though. Revo Eva-01 is worse in every capacity than the Robot Spirits Eva-01, who has better movement on top of better sculpting and a better joint system. Revo varies wildly figure to figure.

I agree that some of their figures are... not so good.

But I only have a few of them, some of the marvel, one or two Star Wars, and metal Gear stuff. It's definitely love/hate. But I know what I'm getting into going in. A weird-looking figure that looks great in action poses.... but is also fiddly as hell. I've never played with any of their robots, so can't really comment on them.

I really like revo raiden though.

As much as I love Revoltech Spidey, the joints loosened up so much over time that his arm consistently comes off at the shoulder and one leg is almost at the same stage. Well annoying for what was a really fun figurine otherwise.

- J - D -

Just found out now that a Soul of Chogokin Gypsy Danger is coming :O

Photo_Apr_29_4_55_57_PM.jpg

It was announced two weeks ago. Bandai is really aiming for that Western market these days.

Oooh!

How big are chogokins, generally? I looked around and it looks like the scales are not really consistent.

I hope these are full head sculpts and not face plates. I really hate gigantic seams that run smack dab in the middle of a head sculpt where you switch out a face plate. I think Revoltech had the better solution.

Oooh!

How big are chogokins, generally? I looked around and it looks like the scales are not really consistent.

Apparently this one is 12" from what I've read, gonna be near $200.

I hope these are full head sculpts and not face plates. I really hate gigantic seams that run smack dab in the middle of a head sculpt where you switch out a face plate. I think Revoltech had the better solution.

This is the only pic of the profile I could fine.

How long ago did you contact them? In any case, I hope everything works out.
I did it through their customer service page on their website so I don't have a record but it was over the weekend, so I didn't expect a response right away. If I don't get a response by tomorrow I'll send an email so I have a record.

Wait, wtf, now when I go to the USPS status page it says they left a notice and I didn't pick it up in time. I never got a notice. Earlier it said the address couldn't be delivered to as addressed but I didn't take a screen shot.

It's not back at Anime Express yet so I will wait till status says it's returned and then I will check with them.

NEO0MJ

Oooh!

Like you said it's arbitrary and it doesn't seem to correlate with how large the mecha is in its show or how popular it is. In general non-combining SOCs are between 6-9 inches tall.

Oh, really? That's interesting. I think only combiners have ever reached that height before.

- J - D -

This is the only pic of the profile I could fine.

12" is good that fits in with X-Plus stuff I think. Hopefully they or some other company makes the kaiju in 12" size too.

As for Deadpool. He looks good. We'll see. Figma Hulk made me kinda hesitant about getting more Figma stuff.

Like you said it's arbitrary and it doesn't seem to correlate with how large the mecha is in its show or how popular it is. In general non-combining SOCs are between 6-9 inches tall.

I'm really a stickler for scale consistency so stuff like SOC would maybe drive me nuts.

I did it through their customer service page on their website so I don't have a record but it was over the weekend, so I didn't expect a response right away. If I don't get a response by tomorrow I'll send an email so I have a record.

Wait, wtf, now when I go to the USPS status page it says they left a notice and I didn't pick it up in time. I never got a notice. Earlier it said the address couldn't be delivered to as addressed but I didn't take a screen shot.

It's not back at Anime Express yet so I will wait till status says it's returned and then I will check with them.

Really weird!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm waiting on something that everyone has reviewed already because I went with slow shipping.
No regrets.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Chewbacca got delivered. It hasn't even been two weeks
Nice.
Too bad I'm working 20 hours a day though Sunday so I probably won't open it until Monday night.

LiK

I got Persona 3 MC Figma, the unofficial Shredder and Dragonzord this week. I'll post pics once I open them up.

So my reissue MP Soundwave and tapes got returned to Anime Express today. USPS told me they couldn't do anything for me because as far as they know the notice was left at my mailbox. Since it was express mail they could only hold it for 5 days and couldn't leave it without a signature, so since I didn't claim it they had to return it to sender. That seems really strange to me that extra service gives you a smaller window to pick up your package. If it weren't express mail they would have sent me another notice after a week. But whatever, they said there was nothing they could do except investigate my postal carrier's practices. I said that was unnecessary. I received another notice for a different package last week and haven't had any other problems with service.

Anime Express first told me I would have to repay for shipping but then messaged me again to say Japan Post will reship it for free. So yay Japan Post!

ViP space

Neo Member
Marvel Legends X-men Series 2 figures went up on walmart.ca. I managed to grab Sunfire, Polaris and Dazzler. Shatterstar was sold out. Sadly, there's no product page yet for Cyclops and Colossus.

Woop! My first and last Mega Zord was the original from way back, so I went in putting it together as I remember, but being careful for any changes to this (plus it's damn expensive) and it was easy.

There are a few small additions e.g. the tail has a hidden clip and there are now metal pegs for the legs. The addition of the Triceratops horn-cain is nice - my memory of my original toy was the horn coming off far too easily.

Mine was slimey taking it out of the box though. Probably some lubricant but yeah, bit slimey.

Anyway, fans are gonna love it.

Woop! My first and last Mega Zord was the original from way back, so I went in putting it together as I remember, but being careful for any changes to this (plus it's damn expensive) and it was easy.

There are a few small additions e.g. the tail has a hidden clip and there are now metal pegs for the legs. The addition of the Triceratops horn-cain is nice - my memory of my original toy was the horn coming off far too easily.

Mine was slimey taking it out of the box though. Probably some lubricant but yeah, bit slimey.

Anyway, fans are gonna love it.

Looks nice! I'm still waiting on mine from Amazon.

- J - D -

Not sure if this has been posted, but has anyone seen this kickstarter for Chibify - A custom 3D make-your-own-chibi-characters? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroforge/chibify-customized-anime-collectibles

That's a really neat idea. I wonder if the tech is good enough to have really good 3d models. I remember the custom 3d printed WoW characters were cool, but you could tell they where 3d printed!

I'm super excited about 3d printing:D

You can still kinda see the 3d printing patterns on these figurines, but the idea is neat.

Top Bottom