• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

KingV

Got tired of waiting for Mezco to make a comic Thor figure so I just decided to hunt for the best one in 1/12 scale I could find, and that seems to be the Marvel Select Mighty Thor, which has shot up to around $100 bucks secondary since it came out a couple years ago. I managed to win one on ebay for $50 new and was very happy about that.

And...he's awesome! Best thing about him is the spinning Mjolnir accessory he comes with, which was pretty much the #1 reason I decided on the figure.
He fits in pretty well with my Mezco stuff. He's teeny bit out of scale since he's a Marvel Select and Mezco's are Legends scale, but keep him slightly lowered and in the back and it works together pretty well.

That thing is going for $100? Huh. I have one sitting in a box somewhere.

It's a cool figure, but the rubbery knees will bow out on you if you keep him crouched over time... which sort of sucks.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

It's a cool figure, but the rubbery knees will bow out on you if you keep him crouched over time... which sort of sucks.

I just checked around and the Odin BAF wave Thor that I bought for below regular price last year is selling for stupid money now.

- J - D -

Yeah on ebay these are going for $85-100 new. Elsewhere it's $100 or above. I was surprised I got him for the price I did.

The knees do seem like the weak spot on this figure, especially under the added weight of the spinning mjolnir. I'll probably put him on a stand.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah, that was part of it.
Been watching all these Tested videos(Adam Savage, etc) the last few days and im actually thinking of getting myself into this stuff.

I love my figures but man having a full suit in a glass case is really the next level.
The video about the For Honor E3 armor and that sci-fi game were the final straw.

Adam Savage build videos sustain me.

KingV

The only replica I ever wanted was the Master Sword. So far Nintendo hasn't made an official one. I'm not buying those shitty third-party ones.

Not something I would buy personally, but I can see how Nintendo could make a mint on a quality replica master sword and Hylian shield. I could easily see people throwing down a couple hundred for each.

I'm 6'7" 290 I will break your Harley dolls in pieces as you watch.

6'7 270. You ain't that much bigger.

89c.gif

Hero

Fear Link and Zelda will be delayed :/

Supposed to release this month, we're halfway through with no word on them at all.

I literally was just thinking about this. If they both get delayed, I'll be okay. I hate when I have an order and only one or two parts of it come out and I have to pay twice as much in shipping. :/

SuperSah

Banned
I literally was just thinking about this. If they both get delayed, I'll be okay. I hate when I have an order and only one or two parts of it come out and I have to pay twice as much in shipping. :/

Speak of the devil, they are coming on the 29th!

1upsuper

Unfortunate, but expected regarding Automata. Frankly I can't stand PAK and I was hoping to get good articulated figures but SE gonna SE. Might be in for the Flare statue though.

LiK

Futaba figure is up for preorder. Thankfully no exclusive on GSC shop. Gonna get it from AmiAmi for a much cheaper price.

NEO0MJ

With F4F's Artorias they almost didn't put any details for my package and even sent me the wrong tracking number at first. It stayed a month in DHL's warehouse for no reason. Really soured me on dealing with them in the future

LiK

With F4F's Artorias they almost didn't put any details for my package and even sent me the wrong tracking number at first. It stayed a month in DHL's warehouse for no reason. Really soured me on dealing with them in the future

Wow, that sucks. Never had an issue with them. Now that they updated their website, maybe it'll be better.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
FREEZY PLEEZE READ THE THREEZY

Figma Deadpool up in the usual places. DX looks cool but Revo is so good. So many cool Deadpools!

- J - D -

I found the USPS status and it said the address couldn't be delivered to. My address is correct on the order so I'm assuming it was Anime Export's error. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.

How long ago did you contact them? In any case, I hope everything works out.

Top Bottom